Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
its apparent in retrospect that services were largely moved out of scope, not ignored. some important items like finance passporting not covered, some areas have been rolled over for 6 mths or in case of clearing extended to mid 2022. may be it was too much to cover in time, too controversial or simply dont want included. expect there to be a services focused negotiations rolling in the new year.

It was never 'moved out of scope'. It was never planned for over 80% of our GDP to be included in the negotiations. Another part of our brilliant Brexit negotiations, not to include the largest part of the UK's GDP :facepalm:

I can't see any reasons for the EU to rush to change the current situation which, as you got got wrong, but I corrected you a couple of days ago, is completely in their favour. There are only two minor areas that have been rolled over temporarily.

But for completeness, here it is again.

Attachments

• equivalence-in-financial-services.jpg
    equivalence-in-financial-services.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It was never 'moved out of scope'. It was never planned for over 80% of our GDP to be included in the negotiations. Another part of our brilliant Brexit negotiations, not to include the largest part of the UK's GDP :facepalm:

so are you saying services were never part of negotiations? and there arent going to be further negotiation in these areas?

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done to the 17.4 million believers, it was a long haul but its all over now and Democracy has won the day :clap2:
regards
DF

Can't wait, just ready to pop the cork, I think a few remoaners have pop something.

I can't believe they are still whining on about it. If it bothered me that much I would be on the boat now to this promised land.:shrug:

Attachments

• Nyetimber.PNG
    Nyetimber.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 64

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I congratulate you all. Once the champers is down and the dust has settled what is it that you are most looking to doing differently in January or any rules / laws that you can point to, having to adhere or not adhere to ?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Cheers, it's a great feeling, isn't it?

Not from a personal perspective as I don't really see how anything will be different, i'm wondering from a Brexiter's perspective what they think the differences will be, how their lives will change or what they'll do differently.

Anything specifically ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not from a personal perspective as I don't really see how anything will be different, i'm wondering from a Brexiter's perspective what they think the differences will be, how their lives will change or what they'll do differently.

Anything specifically ?

I thought I'd get the ball rolling and start the new year by ordering my blue passport.

D

Deleted member 2719

I congratulate you all. Once the champers is down and the dust has settled what is it that you are most looking to doing differently in January or any rules / laws that you can point to, having to adhere or not adhere to ?

Why thank you Randy, there is some understanding at the trek the brexiteers has been on for many years and we will enjoy this moment, mainley internally but if the remainers keep whinging they will get it in their face with a sense of, cheering Zaha as he gets sent off at the Amex.
I am sure you will understand that.
The dust of what you speak really won't be settling as it will be full steam ahead. This is Boris in charge, and no grass will grow under this leaders feet as he likes achievement and thrives off of it.

I have my Union jack bedsheets and will look forward to taking caroline and showing her what is great about Britain. I may even pop a wind turbine up so her panting can generate some energy for Brighton.
I won't be doing the same for Starmer.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
What's 'mainley'?

Lots of changes on the way - but we can be sure that without spellcheck some things will always stay the same....

...and the country will always be divided while triumphalism, rather than healing silence prevails.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Why thank you Randy, there is some understanding at the trek the brexiteers has been on for many years and we will enjoy this moment, mainley internally but if the remainers keep whinging they will get it in their face with a sense of, cheering Zaha as he gets sent off at the Amex.
The dust of what you speak really won't be settling as it will be full steam ahead. This is Boris in charge, and no grass will grow under this leaders feet as he likes achievement and thrives off of it.

I have my Union jack bedsheets and will look forward to taking caroline and showing her what is great about Britain. I may even pop a wind turbine up so her panting can generate some energy for Brighton.

These things that if you did this week you would be restricted from whereas next week you will feel unleashed ?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Lots of talk here about whingeing Remoaners, but isn't the true test of class to be found in how the 'winners' conduct themselves? None of the pro EU posters are denying that Brexit has been 'done'. I for one am resigned to the fact and want to see the UK move forward, preferably to a sunlit upland. But that doesn't mean that are critical faculties have been amputated and neither should they be. This is the 'democracy' that our Leaver friends have been so proud of, after all.

Jan 30, 2008

Using my Blue passport while wearing a pair of union Jack shorts when I go on hols and less EU types holding things up at Border control on returning to Gatwick
Regards
DF

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
From the news agency Political

Services

On services, by quitting the single market, it was made clear during the negotiations that the U.K. lost some market access for trade in financial services. This is still the case since there is no provision for the sector in the agreement. More than 40 percent of the U.K.’s exports to the EU are services, and the sector accounts for around 80 percent of the U.K.’s economic activity.

Passporting, which allowed automatic access to the single market, is gone, as is a key ask from British business lobbying groups: Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications (MRPQs), the mechanism that allows workers such as doctors, engineers and architects to have their qualifications recognized across member states. This will not be simply rolled over.

The devil will be in the detail of the full document on MRPQs and other frameworks for recognition of standards. The short summary document from the EU on the deal says there will be: “Facilitations for short-term business trips and temporary secondments of highly-skilled employees.” The U.K. side said: "From early 2021, the government will provide help and guidance to U.K. regulatory authorities and professional bodies" on how to make use of a framework for MRPQs within the deal.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Who’s whingeing?

I’m just bracing myself for the bumpy ride that’s ahead after the most stupid decision the British people have ever made has been put in to place.

I sincerely hope for the sunny uplands. I just can’t see it happening.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Lots of talk here about whingeing Remoaners, but isn't the true test of class to be found in how the 'winners' conduct themselves? None of the pro EU posters are denying that Brexit has been 'done'. I for one am resigned to the fact and want to see the UK move forward, preferably to a sunlit upland. But that doesn't mean that are critical faculties have been amputated and neither should they be. This is the 'democracy' that our Leaver friends have been so proud of, after all.

Lets be serious for a while, the cost of brexit is estimated to be around 200bn, twice the cost of HS2, (and the same people argue HS2 should be scrapped cos we can't afford it).

It's a huge cost which we ALL have to pay either with more austerity or tax increases since there are no economic benefits to Brexit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here