Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well it should be moved today, but I guess arguers have to argue.

I'd say that entering the transition phase is a perfect time to detoxify the NSC main board.

At 11pm on Friday, to coincide with the transfer window slamming shut, we should move this thread to The Other Stuff and all the NSC Trade Experts can debate the future over there.

:shrug:

Did you think it is all finished when you get your 'Big Ben Bong' ?

The date that we will stop paying into the EU, taking advantage of all the EU benefits and being subservient to the EU rules, regulation and laws will be 31st Dec 2020.

We know this because Johnson has told everyone this is what will happen, and been elected on this basis. (He just didn't put it on a bus this time :wink:)

That's when the thread should be moved/closed down/whatever. When Brexit is done :smile:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Well it should be moved today, but I guess arguers have to argue.

I'd say that entering the transition phase is a perfect time to detoxify the NSC main board.

At 11pm on Friday, to coincide with the transfer window slamming shut, we should move this thread to The Other Stuff and all the NSC Trade Experts can debate the future over there.

:shrug:

Good idea, this thread is now done.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I guess in some people’s eyes you’re a nice guy until you dare say something against a Tory or Brexit and then you instantly transform into a ****ing ********?

You mean in a similar way that the moment anyone says they support Brexit they're called thicko's, xenophobic, racist, gammon, little Englanders ? ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You do realise that it doesn't all finish when you get your 'Big Ben Bong' ?

The date that we will stop paying into the EU, taking advantage of all the EU benefits and being subservient to the EU rules, regulation and laws will be 31st Dec 2020.

We know this because Johnson has told everyone and been elected on this basis.

That's when the thread should be moved/closed down/whatever. When Brexit is done [emoji2]
I'm not bothered about a Big Ben Bong.

No TVs in Wetherspoons, so I can't follow Transfer Deadline Day on Sky Sports News.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not bothered about a Big Ben Bong.

No TVs in Wetherspoons, so I can't follow Transfer Deadline Day on Sky Sports News.

As Johnson has promised, it's definitely only another 11 months to go, and I know you wouldn't want to deprive some of our more prolific and lucid Brexit supporters on here the opportunity to post 'Tick Tock' and 'On our way' a few more times :wink:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don’t imagine he thinks you’re obliged to listen to his “advice”. Nevertheless, he’s entitled to voice his opinion no-matter his background or proclivities. Just as you’re entitled to dismiss them.
And no, I have no money that I don’t need .

Of course he’s entitled to an opinion, I did however note that all the charlatans, turn coats and democracy deniers that He actively endorsed during the second referendum/general election lost their seats....so it’s quite possible that it’s not just this Sailor that thinks he’s talking out of his fart pipe.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As Johnson has promised, it's definitely only another 11 months to go, and I know you wouldn't want to deprive some of our more prolific and lucid Brexit supporters on here the opportunity to post 'Tick Tock' and 'On our way' a few more times :wink:
The Brexit obsession of some posters is not healthy.

I genuinely believe that detoxifying the main board of Brexit will help some minds to recover, and some to get perspective and their lives back.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to get dragged into the sludge, so I'll leave it there and wish them all well wherever the obsession takes them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You mean in a similar way that the moment anyone says they support Brexit they're called thicko's, xenophobic, racist, gammon, little Englanders ? ???

I've already pointed out to [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] how he should stop keep using that phrase and I reckon if you stop using it as well, that will take out at least half of the ongoing instances of that particular phrase on this board

Firstly, I'm as much of a mindreader as the remainers that keep telling me I voted leave because I'm racist and xenophobic ..... oh and a little Englander.
Yet despite these points, I don't consider anyone voting for any party immoral, thick, xenophobic, racist etc. Maybe I'm just more mature than most.
When you've been called racist, thick, xenophobic, little Englander, a gammon, a prick etc etc etc in a thread - all for the audacity of having an alternative opinion on the EU and putting my cross in the opposite box to the people that throw those terms around with gay abandon, I'd suggest it's understandable that my posts on this thread are somewhat different to those on others.
Now go and count the number of remainer posts in this thread using phrases such as Little Englanders, thickos, stupid, racist, xenophobic, prick and even retard. I think remoaners is rather tame by comparison.
By all means argue the point but don't post like a w@anker. I'm not surprised I get abusive having being called a racist, a fool, an idiot, a thicko, a xenophobe, a little Englander etc etc etc. Basically anyone that has used those terms can fvck off - their view is worth rat shit.

???

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What a ****ing ass-hole.

Hugh Grant has supported the following charities listed on this site:

Grant is a patron of the DIPEx Charity, which operates the website Healthtalkonline. He is also patron of the Fynvola Foundation, named after his late mother; the foundation supports the Lady Dane Farmhouse, a home in Faversham for adults with learning disabilities.

Since the death of his mother in 2001, Grant has worked as a fundraiser and ambassador for Marie Curie Cancer Care, promoting the charity's annual Great Daffodil Appeal on several occasions. He is also a patron of Pancreatic Cancer Action.

British Forces Foundation
Centrepoint
Charity Projects Entertainment Fund
Dennis Quaid Charity Weekend
Elton John AIDS Foundation
Greenpeace
Make Poverty History
Marie Curie
Pancreatic Cancer Action
Raisa Gorbachev Foundation
Save the Children
UNICEF

British heart-throb Hugh Grant has been wooing women worldwide with his loveable, suave characters and lopsided grin, but he is not just a pretty face. Grant has been using his fame to raise the profile of charities and causes for years.
In 2001, Hugh lost his mother to pancreatic cancer. Although he has talked of how bleak this time was, he hasn’t let it drag him down. Instead, in March 2011, he teamed up with healthtalkonline.org to share his experience on the website and donated a large sum of money to setting up a specific ‘pancreatic cancer’ section of the site. Hugh also became a Patron of Pancreatic Cancer Action.
His fight against cancer didn’t stop there, however. In August, 2011, he launched a campaign to raise £200,000 for Marie Curie nurses. “I know from my own experience how important it is to have someone you love die at home, cared for by a Marie Curie nurse”, the actor told a local Bolton newspaper, the English town where the campaign was centred.
He has also supported cancer charities such as the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, which is committed to fighting child cancer. The foundation is committed to action against cancer and ultimately aims to help eliminate cancer for good.
Aside from his support of various cancer charities, Grant spreads his philanthropic fingers far and wide. In April this year, he donated his famous ‘Love Actually’ tie to a charity auction in aid of Save the Children's ‘Ties for Tokyo’ initiative, aimed at improving the lives of young children in Japan after the devastating earthquake and tsunami.
He has shown support for UNICEF and Make Poverty History and the British Forces Foundation by attending a number of their charity events , such as the Live 8 concert and sharing some love through a celebrity kissing booth.

Source; https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/hugh-grant

Jimmy Saville did a lot of charity work.
Its possible to be a ****ing ass-hole and do charity work.
And no i am not saying Grant is a nonce.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Brexit obsession of some posters is not healthy.

I genuinely believe that detoxifying the main board of Brexit will help some minds to recover, and some to get perspective and their lives back.

In other words, I'm alright and it isn't affecting my life very much.

Some of us have been affected quite badly and know other people who have been affected by this decision. I can be as cheerful as the next person and get my mind into positive thinking but that doesn't change the political climate.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course he’s entitled to an opinion, I did however note that all the charlatans, turn coats and democracy deniers that He actively endorsed during the second referendum/general election lost their seats....so it’s quite possible that it’s not just this Sailor that thinks he’s talking out of his fart pipe.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Fart pipe”! Ha! That’s genuinely tickled me :)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Self made millionaire (if he actually has reached a million), whose father was a toolmaker, and mother a nurse. He went to grammar school and then to university. He made the most of the brain he was given to become a top QC.
Maybe you don't like people bettering themselves and should know their place, behind all those who inherit wealth, and go to Eton?
A true Tory.

Can't agree with what you 'believe' to be a 'true Tory'.
The Tory party have always been a party of aspiration and want people to make the best of their talents and so 'better themselves'.
P.S Most people who vote Tory don't give a toss who went to Eton or who inherited wealth, it is many of the Lefties who are obsessed with this!
Talk about sweeping statements and false stereotypes.
Thought you were better than this, TB.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In other words, I'm alright and it isn't affecting my life very much.

Some of us have been affected quite badly and know other people who have been affected by this decision. I can be as cheerful as the next person and get my mind into positive thinking but that doesn't change the political climate.

I've no idea if it will effect my life very much - I hope not, but who can tell.

I feel sorry for those badly affected, and those who will be badly affected.

All I know is that the obsession which has torn this country apart has to end.

I'm sure Johnson's initial trade deal will be a disaster because the deadline has been made more important than the content.

It's up to those in charge to make the 2nd, and 3rd Trade deals much better for the population. Fail to do so, and they are out without any doubt.

Anyway, as said I'm not getting sucked into the toxicity and obsession.

The thread needs moving, and NSC detoxifying. The end from me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've no idea if it will effect my life very much - I hope not, but who can tell.

I feel sorry for those badly affected, and those who will be badly affected.

All I know is that the obsession which has torn this country apart has to end.

I'm sure Johnson's initial trade deal will be a disaster because the deadline has been made more important than the content.

It's up to those in charge to make the 2nd, and 3rd Trade deals much better for the population. Fail to do so, and they are out without any doubt.

Anyway, as said I'm not getting sucked into the toxicity and obsession.

The thread needs moving, and NSC detoxifying. The end from me.

I'm sorry, and I'm really not having a pop at you personally. I agree that if they managed to put any sort of deal in place by the end of the year, it will be a total disaster (and I assume we are just talking about the one deal with the EU).

But the third round of trade deals - Really ?

Do you really think 'Forget what we have just agreed, we would now like to re-open negotiations as that deal we did was far too advantageous to you and was crap for us' is a starter ?

And don't forget we have another 40 of these to replace before 31st Dec 2020 to keep us in the same position as currently (forgetting any improvements).

Here is a list of the Trade Agreements we currently use, and will lose on 31st Dec 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_free_trade_agreements

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I mean, who would be in another country and then complain about one the other side of the world? Who would do that?

Hang on...

We still live in the same place. Its called the EU. Theres at least one Brexiteer in Australia. Maybe you mean him?

Struggling there I see Dave ! Unless of course you've swallowed the EU's belief it's really a country - after all it has a currency, a flag, an anthem, a parliament, a central bank and a foreign minister.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here