Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
i didn't have to trawl anywhere ,you're still defending Romanian BEGGARS on the streets of the UK ???
regards
DF

Theres English people begging all over the world. I don't know the situations of the individuals in your video, but sometimes people get themselves into trouble and need help. They can't go home if they can't afford it.

Its perfectly fine to be anti-immigration, but it takes a special kind of git to be aggressive and abusive to the immigrants themselves.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Go on then, explain how i'm wrong?

And without letting a link to a site, or a YT video do it for you. Use your words. Go on, you can do it, i believe in you!

This will be fun. After x thousand posts he's never used more than 3 sentences! You could be waiting some time. And I say 'sentences'....

I gather from replies he's using the exception to prove the rule again. The usual tactic of the fraud and liar. But....when you are racist, it doesn't matter if there are 1000 English beggars to every foreigner. The foreign beggar is the one who should go back to his own country or face abuse. Logical, if perverse.

Anyway, he absolutely doesn't care less what people who disagree with him think. For that reason alone I continue to be bemused that he's still tolerated on here - it is trolling :shrug:

But.... he is comedy value, to me at least, just for the replies from others (which I do read). You have to admire his thick skin. I assume it's his skin....:shrug:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
This will be fun. After x thousand posts he's never used more than 3 sentences! You could be waiting some time. And I say 'sentences'....

I gather from replies he's using the exception to prove the rule again. The usual tactic of the fraud and liar. But....when you are racist, it doesn't matter if there are 1000 English beggars to every foreigner. The foreign beggar is the one who should go back to his own country or face abuse. Logical, if perverse.

Anyway, he absolutely doesn't care less what people who disagree with him think. For that reason alone I continue to be bemused that he's still tolerated on here - it is trolling :shrug:

But.... he is comedy value, to me at least, just for the replies from others (which I do read). You have to admire his thick skin. I assume it's his skin....:shrug:

He has admiration for the Waffen SS who murdered British soldiers. He's a stupid ****

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

He'll ignore it. Classic troll. Just a wimp until the dust settles and he brings out his hat emoticon for the billionth time.

The irony is that if he even had a coherent thought and backed up his reasons with anything other than soundbites, then he's perhaps begin to garner a little bit of respect. But he won't, which is why he's the laughing stock of the board.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
i didn't have to trawl anywhere ,you're still defending Romanian BEGGARS on the streets of the UK ???
regards
DF

It's a 5 year old video, to go along with the 8 year old video, you pulled off a neo-nazi's youtube channel. Your newsfeed must be a bit behind the times. Or, you trawl dodgy sites on the web to try and find stuff to back up your racist views.
Why don't you man up a bit and say what you really think Das Reich?

Jan 30, 2008
It's a 5 year old video, to go along with the 8 year old video, you pulled off a neo-nazi's youtube channel. Your newsfeed must be a bit behind the times. Or, you trawl dodgy sites on the web to try and find stuff to back up your racist views.
Why don't you man up a bit and say what you really think Das Reich?

Still struggling ?
Regards
DF

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Bringing the conversation back to the current decade I read that Bloomberg estimates the cost of Brexit in terms of lost GDP to be £130bn. So far. More to follow obviously.

I feel that any leave voter prepared to send a cheque for just under £8000 to the NHS's hospital building fund as compensation should be completely forgiven. For the time being anyway.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bringing the conversation back to the current decade I read that Bloomberg estimates the cost of Brexit in terms of lost GDP to be £130bn. So far. More to follow obviously.

I feel that any leave voter prepared to send a cheque for just under £8000 to the NHS's hospital building fund as compensation should be completely forgiven. For the time being anyway.

Lost to remainers who stalled the will of the people for 3yrs. What about Airbus now looking to expand

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

But isn't it supposed to "a price worth paying":ffsparr:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Lost to remainers who stalled the will of the people for 3yrs. What about Airbus now looking to expand

The announcement that they see potential to increase their UK based operations is the view of the new CEO, and to my mind a reminder to UK Government that they need to get a deal done with the EU that allows them to move staff and product across the border without hindrance, and related to an order for 40 aircraft that came in just before Christmas. They have always been critical of a no deal exit, and what that would mean for their UK operations, if the trade negotiations start to look like they wont get done to time and Johnson sticks to his no extension policy, the potential they see today will begin to vanish, and the current operations will be less secure.

Jan 30, 2008
The announcement that they see potential to increase their UK based operations is the view of the new CEO, and to my mind a reminder to UK Government that they need to get a deal done with the EU that allows them to move staff and product across the border without hindrance, and related to an order for 40 aircraft that came in just before Christmas. They have always been critical of a no deal exit, and what that would mean for their UK operations, if the trade negotiations start to look like they wont get done to time and Johnson sticks to his no extension policy, the potential they see today will begin to vanish, and the current operations will be less secure.

You need to get these thoughts of EU extensions out or your head , we've had enough of those already and where has it got us , a lines been drawn in the sand the 31st of January 2020 and pandering to the EU stops
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You need to get these thoughts of EU extensions out or your head , we've had enough of those already and where has it got us , a lines been drawn in the sand the 31st of January 2020 and pandering to the EU stops
Regards
DF

They have kept us in the EU. Which is the important thing.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Your second point has been addressed already but I'd just add that no one is saying there will be no examples of business expansion - but to claim that one example refutes an overall picture is like denying that Crawley Town's attendances are going down on the basis that you know a bloke who's just started going.

Your first point shows no interest in the facts. Which are:

Article 50 was invoked on 29 March 2017 and as a consequence the UK was due to leave at the end of March 2019.

In spite of having a majority with its allies in parliament, the Conservative Party was unable to persuade all of its own side to vote for the agreement it negotiated with the EU. The great majority of the rebels who stopped us departing last March were Leavers, not Remainers.

The make-up of the 2017 parliament was decided, like all parliaments, by the reply the public gave when asked who they wanted to represent them. In 2019 Boris Johnson decided he didn't like the answer the public gave two years earlier and persuaded the HoC to allow the question to be asked again, in the hope that the public gave the 'right' answer this time.

For various reasons they did and we leave on 31 January 2019.

Your claim about Remainers delaying departure for three years is therefore simply wrong. The delay was 10 months and was primarily caused by Leavers.

If you disagree with any of the above, tell me. But I fully expect you to ignore it. It's the way it's done.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Your second point has been addressed already but I'd just add that no one is saying there will be no examples of business expansion - but to claim that one example refutes an overall picture is like denying that Crawley Town's attendances are going down on the basis that you know a bloke who's just started going.

Your first point shows no interest in the facts. Which are:

Article 50 was invoked on 29 March 2017 and as a consequence the UK was due to leave at the end of March 2019.

In spite of having a majority with its allies in parliament, the Conservative Party was unable to persuade all of its own side to vote for the agreement it negotiated with the EU. The great majority of the rebels who stopped us departing last March were Leavers, not Remainers.

The make-up of the 2017 parliament was decided, like all parliaments, by the reply the public gave when asked who they wanted to represent them. In 2019 Boris Johnson decided he didn't like the answer the public gave two years earlier and persuaded the HoC to allow the question to be asked again, in the hope that the public gave the 'right' answer this time

For various reasons they did and we leave on 31 January 2019.

Your claim about Remainers delaying departure for three years is therefore simply wrong. The delay was 10 months and was primarily caused by Leavers.

If you disagree with any of the above, tell me. But I fully expect you to ignore it. It's the way it's done.

You are right of course, but history is (re)written by the 'winners'; you cannot expect anyone with an agenda to reflect objectively on the past. Remainers and Europe will be blamed for all sorts of things in the future, both in Parliament and on here because that narrative will suit the turn of the Leave ideology.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Brexit was designed to turn the public on each other, you all feel for it.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You are right of course, but history is (re)written by the 'winners'; you cannot expect anyone with an agenda to reflect objectively on the past. Remainers and Europe will be blamed for all sorts of things in the future, both in Parliament and on here because that narrative will suit the turn of the Leave ideology.

Trying to debate anything with some Brexiteers can be a futile task. Portslade Seagull is not alone applying the technique of posting statements that are demonstrably untrue and then, when picked up, simply disappearing, only to return some time later with another pearl.

Perhaps he'll prove me wrong this time. Let's see.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Trying to debate anything with some Brexiteers can be a futile task. Portslade Seagull is not alone applying the technique of posting statements that are demonstrably untrue and then, when picked up, simply disappearing, only to return some time later with another pearl.

Perhaps he'll prove me wrong this time. Let's see.

That's because they are all thick and ignorant.
They have made a massive mistake because they refused to listen to facts and still do, they had no idea what they were voting for but when it all goes wrong they will blame Europe and remainers.
I have yet to find 1 leave arsewipe that can give me 10 reasons without Google why they want to leave except to 'get back control' and stop immigration.
The stupid b*******s have fallen for all of Johnsons lies, hook, line and sinker.
You only need to look at the posts from knuckle draggers like 2 profs, Mouldy Boots, Bensgrandad etc for proof of pure ignorance.
That insect Fairy thing needs to crawl back under its rock.
No offence intended though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here