Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
I do hope so now, and everything that comes with it!
Yes, you can say good bye to all the snides and time wasters that polluted Parliament, the one's that you held in high esteem but who got found out for what they were, as i said reap what you sow, deal or no deal LEAVE MEANS LEAVE :wink:
regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The Northern Gammons might be regretting their vote within months when they realise how much funding their areas had from the EU and how much (zero) their people's government will put in to make up for it

The EU has no money, it manufactures nothing, it produces nothing, it is a leech, it is a parasite, the northern “gammon” as you so eloquently put it do not receive any money from the EU, it is our money.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
The EU has no money, it manufactures nothing, it produces nothing, it is a leech, it is a parasite, the northern “gammon” as you so eloquently put it do not receive any money from the EU, it is our money.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Rons a joke just like the Labour party
regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Of course I am not hoping for it to fail, it has been well documented ( although reluctantly revealed) already that Brexit will be a financial failure by the Tory Governments own research. It's just the level of financial loss that will occur that is still in the balance. Enjoy!

I suppose it depends on how people define and/or judge 'success' and 'failure'. We already know that substantial numbers recognised they would likely be worse off and the UK could break up, but thought that leaving the EU would be worth such 'sacrifices'. As far as they are concerned they already have a measure of 'success' in the election result and further 'success' will follow with the passing of the withdrawal agreement in a few weeks' time. Presumably after that they can face any future grim reality with smiles on their faces.

Jan 30, 2008
I suppose it depends on how people define judge 'success' and 'failure'. We already know that substantial numbers recognised that they would likely be worse off and the UK could break up but thought that leaving the EU would be worth the 'sacrifices'. As far as they are concern they already have a measure of 'success' in the election result and further 'success' will follow with the passing of the withdrawal agreement in a few weeks' time. Presumably after that they can face any future grim reality with a smile of their faces.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz same old shit different parliament :wink:
regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No Deal here we come then

It is worth noting that there are some key differences between a "No Deal" on the basis of "No Withdrawal Agreement" and a "No Deal" in terms of "No Trade Deal by 31/12/20" (or whenever the date ends up getting extended to, this whole willy-waving nonsense about "enshrining it in law" means bugger all).

The former would have seen the UK default on it's debts, cut off from Europe at 23.00 on B-Day and left bereft with no international agreements hardly at all in place. Plus it would have meant instant border in Ireland and in short would have been a cataclysm. No Deal next December is not on that level, for a start the UK would have paid the £39bn to the EU to settle our debts, which means we aren't seen as effectively a pariah state in the international fold, plus it resolves the Ireland issue with checks and tariffs applied across the Irish Sea rather than on the island of Ireland. Of course there is still a chance that Johnson backs out of the WA and goes for the former on 31/01, but given his triumphalism I suspect the chances of that are remote, I also don't believe there is the appetite for those battles again in Parliament, even among the ultras.

As someone said above, my expectation is there will be some sort of deal by next year. Whether this means the UK capitulating to EU demands as happened with the WA who knows, but I'd say that's an odds-on favourite.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
As someone said above, my expectation is there will be some sort of deal by next year. Whether this means the UK capitulating to EU demands as happened with the WA who knows, but I'd say that's an odds-on favourite.

I think you're right. With this majority the Tories now 100% own Brexit and it's consequences. Remember this is something no-one has yet provided any evidence will be good for the country because it won't be good for the country. Every credible study, including the Government's own, has shown it's bad news.

Johnson knows that and needs to avoid the perception it's his mistake, and by putting departure on a fixed deadline in law also knows that puts us over a barrel to sort a deal because at no point has committing to a unilateral timetable worked in our favour. So he's forcing Parliament's hand to avoid the worst case scenario of no deal which would be his nightmare.

We'll see a load of money pumped into the North and into infrastructure so Brexit can take the credit before it's even happened properly, securing the Tory majority and increasing national debt (already up enormously under the Tories just to keep the wheels on our objectively failing nation).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It is worth noting that there are some key differences between a "No Deal" on the basis of "No Withdrawal Agreement" and a "No Deal" in terms of "No Trade Deal by 31/12/20" (or whenever the date ends up getting extended to, this whole willy-waving nonsense about "enshrining it in law" means bugger all).

The former would have seen the UK default on it's debts, cut off from Europe at 23.00 on B-Day and left bereft with no international agreements hardly at all in place. Plus it would have meant instant border in Ireland and in short would have been a cataclysm. No Deal next December is not on that level, for a start the UK would have paid the £39bn to the EU to settle our debts, which means we aren't seen as effectively a pariah state in the international fold, plus it resolves the Ireland issue with checks and tariffs applied across the Irish Sea rather than on the island of Ireland. Of course there is still a chance that Johnson backs out of the WA and goes for the former on 31/01, but given his triumphalism I suspect the chances of that are remote, I also don't believe there is the appetite for those battles again in Parliament, even among the ultras.

It doesn't matter anyway, because we hold all the cards, don't we?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think you're right. With this majority the Tories now 100% own Brexit and it's consequences. Remember this is something no-one has yet provided any evidence will be good for the country because it won't be good for the country. Every credible study, including the Government's own, has shown it's bad news.

Johnson knows that and needs to avoid the perception it's his mistake, and by putting departure on a fixed deadline in law also knows that puts us over a barrel to sort a deal because at no point has committing to a unilateral timetable worked in our favour. So he's forcing Parliament's hand to avoid the worst case scenario of no deal which would be his nightmare.

We'll see a load of money pumped into the North and into infrastructure so Brexit can take the credit before it's even happened properly, securing the Tory majority and increasing national debt (already up enormously under the Tories just to keep the wheels on our objectively failing nation).
Not sure where all the cash is going to come from, it certainly won't be from taxes on Johnson's financial big business supporters, the economy seems to be flatlining and there is an awful lot of funding to be found to repair Johnson's Tory austerity cuts of the last 9 years.

As often said and I believe he has admitted this himself, he is not a " details " man so he has lots to deliver. At least those on an income of £80 k should weather the worst of it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sure where all the cash is going to come from, it certainly won't be from taxes on Johnson's financial big business supporters, the economy seems to be flatlining and there is an awful lot of funding to be found to repair Johnson's Tory austerity cuts of the last 9 years.

As often said and I believe he has admitted this himself, he is not a " details " man so he has lots to deliver. At least those on an income of £80 k should weather the worst of it.

And the final Irony, of this whole clusterf*** is those least likely to suffer under the New Johnson Government ?

The infamous Anti-Brexit metropolitan elite

You really couldn't make it up :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here