Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
It's fair enough and I can understand your reasons for voting for Johnson, even if I wouldn't personally do the same, in the same situation. (And, if you have a family to support, housing, food bills etc in the South-East, I don't think £50K pa can be considered 'rich' in any sense).

I think that by voting for Johnson, there is every chance your 2 brothers in law will suffer the exact effects that you are hoping for, and I wouldn't for a minute attempt to defend them. My worry is how many 'innocent' people (including children) who don't get benefits as a life choice, but will also be caught up in the oncoming benefits squeeze and Universal Credit roll out.

Unfortunately, on your second point. I think that if you believe that Johnson is going to get Brexit 'finished' in anything under 10 years, you are going to be sadly disappointed.

You never fail to disappoint though :wink:
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
I did indeed, but after predicting (and having you claim the opposite each time)

We wouldn't leave on 31st March
We wouldn't leave on 12th April
Johnson would be elected leader of the Conservative (and Unionist !) Party
Johnson would some back with a deal that Theresa May had already turned down
We wouldn't leave on 31st October
Caroline Lucas would increase her majority

I was bound to get one wrong eventually. Enjoy your long awaited victory, as I feel I may be on anther winning run

So for starters

We will not have a Trade agreement with the EU by Dec 31st 2020

Hope you don't have to wait another 3.5 years to get something right :lolol:

No one cares about your opinions you're just pissing into the wind , enjoy the moment
Regards
DF

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for the clarification (and to Bakero too).

I suspected it had a racial element to it. These people really know how to alienate the British working class, don’t they?

What nonsense. Then again if you're going to listen to 2P you get what you pay for.

I first read the phrase accompanying a picture of 9 angry faced question time audience members. It was that time they were getting angry about Corbyn not being prepared to nuke millions of people. They were all red in the face, apoplectic that a true Englishman wouldn't want to disintegrate an entire population. The wall of gammon was how they were described. Angry, frothing, right wing, the term was coined to describe these puce cheeked ranters but can be used to describe anyone with similar views/short tempers.

The racial thing was brought up by people like pastafarian, who, when he can find time to drag himself away from the virulently antisemitic sub culture he enjoys, likes to shit post stuff on here. No surprise that 2P is on board. Racism is a nasty business, but some people seem to think it's all a bit of a laugh.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What nonsense. Then again if you're going to listen to 2P you get what you pay for.

I first read the phrase accompanying a picture of 9 angry faced question time audience members. It was that time they were getting angry about Corbyn not being prepared to nuke millions of people. They were all red in the face, apoplectic that a true Englishman wouldn't want to disintegrate an entire population. The wall of gammon was how they were described. Angry, frothing, right wing, the term was coined to describe these puce cheeked ranters but can be used to describe anyone with similar views/short tempers.

The racial thing was brought up by people like pastafarian, who, when he can find time to drag himself away from the virulently antisemitic sub culture he enjoys, likes to shit post stuff on here. No surprise that 2P is on board. Racism is a nasty business, but some people seem to think it's all a bit of a laugh.

Indeed, especially infantile triggered little soyboys like you who think its hysterical to throw the gammon word about whilst using it it amongst other things as a tool to disparage people based on the colour of their skin and based that they are exclusively white ..........you know, closet racist.
Another one that needs to look in the mirror.......if you see that high up, cant be easy being such a little man.
You never did get back to me and re-post the evidence where i have posted something antisemitic, no surprise really, its a common theme from people like you on the internet. I look forward to you pretending something i have posted is antisemitic when it clearly isnt.
Shouldnt take you long to get into character..............Tick Tock.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Tell me though, what is it that you find so funny about racism/nazis? Genuine question, seems a bit odd.

The question hasn't changed simply because I didn't repeat it. Predictable, picky semantic word ****ery, typical of shitposters.
But I'll repeat it if you like. What is it you find funny about racism/nazis? I am genuinely interested. It seems either, very dodgy, or very childish.

Indeed, especially infantile triggered little soyboys like you who think its hysterical to throw the gammon word about whilst using it it amongst other things as a tool to disparage people based on the colour of their skin and based that they are exclusively white ..........you know, closet racist.
Another one that needs to look in the mirror.......if you see that high up, cant be easy being such a little man.
You never did get back to me and re-post the evidence where i have posted something antisemitic, no surprise really, its a common theme from people like you on the internet. I look forward to you pretending something i have posted is antisemitic when it clearly isnt.
Shouldnt take you long to get into character..............Tick Tock.

:rolleyes: So, yes, as you can see I never said you had posted anything antisemitic (you knew that anyway) I am just genuinely interested in what it is you enjoy about a scene that is so very, very antisemitic. Seems odd when you claim such high morals over the Labour Party. Perhaps you didn't realise the true nature of the stuff you find so very funny?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If anyone is being derided for their skin colour then that’s wrong in my opinion. And this “except for white people” clause that the far left have introduced is both weaselling and sinister.

Reminds me of a parodic handy hint I saw online: If you want to slag off women and don’t want to appear as a misogynist, just say white women and everyone’ll think you’re woke.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh diddums.Did the nasty people take away your snowflake dreams.The EU are racist,white supremacist and so are their sycophants.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh hello , how are you coping with reality?
Regards
DF

Pretty good thanks. Your giro gonna keep you going through Xmas or do you need a whip round for the heating bill?

D

Deleted member 22389

giphy-downsized.gif

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Are you one of these delusional idiot?

delusional.png

They still don't realise they've lost-just like a chicken staggering round without its head.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
:rolleyes: So, yes, as you can see I never said you had posted anything antisemitic (you knew that anyway) I am just genuinely interested in what it is you enjoy about a scene that is so very, very antisemitic. Seems odd when you claim such high morals over the Labour Party. Perhaps you didn't realise the true nature of the stuff you find so very funny?

As predicted you still have nothing then. You would be more at home posting about an antisemitism scene, whatever that is, on the antisemitism thread.
If you ever intend to post something Brexit related on the Brexit thread give me a heads up.
Its Palace Day and pubs are nearly open……cheerio.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Are there any snowflake peoples marches planned to stop Brexit. Oh wait a minute they lost again. Will there be another court case to overturn it

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh diddums.Did the nasty people take away your snowflake dreams.The EU are racist,white supremacist and so are their sycophants.

um, ok. :hilton:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
As predicted you still have nothing then. You would be more at home posting about an antisemitism scene, whatever that is, on the antisemitism thread.

Erm that's where this little discussion started off.
Are you seriously suggesting you are unaware of the highly antisemitic fan base of the stuff you posted?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Are there any snowflake peoples marches planned to stop Brexit. Oh wait a minute they lost again. Will there be another court case to overturn it

There probably will be. The Lib Dems gained 1.3 million voters since 2017, the Tories only 320,000. Any illusion the Tory message has enormous popular support is a by-product of our election system that means pro 2nd referendum parties get more votes, but they need 865,000 votes per MP (Greens) or 336,000 votes per MP (Lib Dems) whereas the Tories only need 38,000 votes per MP.

I'm sure all those people who complained about their anti-EU voices not being represented will be along soon to lend their support to true democratic representation of the majority though...

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Are you one of these delusional idiot?

View attachment 118275

They still don't realise they've lost-just like a chicken staggering round without its head.

In this election pro-Brexit parties lost the popular vote against those who wanted a second referendum, so "lost" is a very relative term. Brexit will happen because our democracy prioritises the most popular minority over the majority (who don't want a Tory government but now have no representation), but the lack of humility or willingness to accept the election showed the country is more divided than ever and doesn't find Johnson's Brexit attractive doesn't bode well for the future.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In this election pro-Brexit parties lost the popular vote against those who wanted a second referendum, so "lost" is a very relative term. Brexit will happen because our democracy prioritises the most popular minority over the majority (who don't want a Tory government but now have no representation), but the lack of humility or willingness to accept the election showed the country is more divided than ever and doesn't find Johnson's Brexit attractive doesn't bode well for the future.

oh the irony. this type of argument is exactly what drove hundreds of thousands of votes to Johnson and the simple "get it done" campaign. and will continue to drive him towards a shortsighted, stupid get it done fast mentality, as reported this morning.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Well expressed! We have an outdated system that will always be maintained by the parties who most benefit from it.... no matter how unrepresentative of the country it is. Somehow, in the longer term we need find a fairer process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here