Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
To leave, that’s it. If leaving evolves over the next few decades I have no problem with that. It will be ratified at general elections. That’s how our history within the EU occurred. The idea that it all has to be decided immediately and that there is no particular mandate for any one outcome is simply a stalling tactic much repeated by Remainer politicians as an excuse to ignore the referendum vote.
Boris Johnson voted against the deal because he thought we could get a better one. To confuse this with Remainer MPs who wanted to thwart leaving is disingenuous.

And the deal he got was worse than the one he rejected. Oven ready, but lets slam it in the microwave to rush it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So you now admit remainers did not make Johnson PM?
I agree that the Labour Party was absolute tosh. But stop blaming others for your vote.

I’m not blaming anybody. I am happy with my vote. You are unhappy with my vote (not just mine obviously) and I am simply pointing out what led to my vote. I’m not sure how much clearer I can be. If you do not want to address the issues (Remainer thwarting of the referendum result) that led many Labour voters to vote for a different party then that’s fine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It was always possible to extend the Article 50 negotiations.
The transition period if subject to an extension will not be extended for up to 10 years.

So I shouldn't have believed you when you said that article 50 wouldn't be extended, but I should believe you now ?

Off out to lunch, try and play nicely :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
this is what companies already do, its not done on trust.

Seems strange to be employing thousands of extra Customs Officers on both sides of the Channel then ? I think that shows that trust is going out of the window.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I’m not blaming anybody. I am happy with my vote. You are unhappy with my vote (not just mine obviously) and I am simply pointing out what led to my vote. I’m not sure how much clearer I can be. If you do not want to address the issues (Remainer thwarting of the referendum result) that led many Labour voters to vote for a different party then that’s fine.

Remainers are the reason we have Boris Johnson as our PM.

:ffsparr:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So I shouldn't have believed you when you said that article 50 wouldn't be extended, but I should believe you now ?

Off out to lunch, try and play nicely :shrug:

You can believe what you want, but the transition period if subject to an extension will not be extended for up to 10 years. You are way off the mark.
Enjoy being out to lunch.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why do pro-EU people call antis gammons?

Just part of the casual racism the Brussels trolls use against British people who voted to leave their corporate hell.Country folk with ruddy cheeks the colour of gammon.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You can believe what you want, but the transition period if subject to an extension will not be extended for up to 10 years. You are way off the mark.
Enjoy being out to lunch.

Think he's been 'out to lunch' since 2016.Reminds me of Spitting Image 'The President's Brain is Missing'.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

It was you who mentioned blame. I am simply presenting you with analysis as to reasons Boris is PM. I am happy that Boris is PM so blame does not come into it. If you are unhappy and therefore looking to apportion blame then look into the mirror.
I don’t mind that you don’t understand what I am saying. If you are representative of the wider Labour movement then it will be in trouble in 2024.

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Just part of the casual racism the Brussels trolls use against British people who voted to leave their corporate hell.Country folk with ruddy cheeks the colour of gammon.

Thanks for the clarification (and to Bakero too).

I suspected it had a racial element to it. These people really know how to alienate the British working class, don’t they?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
It means leave the EU. Apparently we are compelled to agree a withdrawal agreement to get that process moving. You and your representatives have prevented that from happening up to now.

Boris Johnson voted against May's deal which most people who REALLY want a "proper" Brexit agree was better than the deal he negotiated. So he's undeniably one of those who has prevented it so far. Why do you think he did that?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not sure that Brexit is responsible for members of your family, but fair enough. Its happening, whether I like it or not. I hope for the best, but evidence pretty much tells me not to. We will see.

belittling a brutally honest answer .....seeing as Brexit hasn't happened yet how can it be responsible for something that has been going on for 15 years.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Boris Johnson voted against May's deal which most people who REALLY want a "proper" Brexit agree was better than the deal he negotiated. So he's undeniably one of those who has prevented it so far. Why do you think he did that?

To negotiate a deal he preferred. Which he did. Or are you saying he was trying to thwart Brexit like Labour and Liberal MPs ?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
To negotiate a deal he preferred. Which he did. Or are you saying he was trying to thwart Brexit like Labour and Liberal MPs ?

I'm not saying anything, but you have to wonder why people who wouldn't support May now support someone, supposedly because of Brexit, when the Brexit Party accused him of caving into the EU, and a deal many say makes concessions May managed to avoid.

Lots of people support him though because of Brexit, so I'm genuinely curious why when pro Brexit people who know about such things think he's done a worse job than May, who didn't have their support. What's he done that's so good? I suspect he's done nothing in his decision making over May's deal or his own but manouver to a position where he could become PM as there's little evidence he's interested in anything but his own career, but I'd like to credit people with being better informed than letting him manipulate them so much.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm not saying anything, but you have to wonder why people who wouldn't support May now support someone, supposedly because of Brexit, when the Brexit Party accused him of caving into the EU, and a deal many say makes concessions May managed to avoid.

Lots of people support him though because of Brexit, so I'm genuinely curious why when pro Brexit people who know about such things think he's done a worse job than May, who didn't have their support. What's he done that's so good? I suspect he's done nothing in his decision making over May's deal or his own but manouver to a position where he could become PM as there's little evidence he's interested in anything but his own career, but I'd like to credit people with being better informed than letting him manipulate them so much.

I guess like a lot of other people you are going to have to accept that people will make their own minds up and that they do not necessarily accept the premise of your analysis. The idea that Nigel Farage is the guru of all things Brexit is laughable, if you don’t mind me saying.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Where is the evidence for this?

May's deal kept us inside the customs union indefinitely with no unilateral exit clause, signed up to numerous rules and regulations without a say and limited any ability to conduct trade deals. The Boris deal means we leave the customs union and are free to negotiate trade deals. That sounds more like a 'proper' Brexit to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here