Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Since the leave campaign stoked up xenophobia and a hatred of EU migrants they've been sworn at in the street and told to **** off back home and their kids have been bullied at school just because their parents aren't English Farage will tell you his precise mirroring of nazi propaganda was unintentional but if you come from Poland you are raised on stories of nazi atrocities. To dismiss the impact on them as absolute bollocks says more about you than them

Another one instantly labelling 17.5M people as racists. You can vote out without being racist

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I've had more than a handful of work colleagues asking when I'm being deported or jokes to that effect. I've also had an equal amount of people jealous that we have been able to vote out and also one quite angry colleague who pretty much said we have ****ed the lot up for the whole EU!

I look at the positive side of things and see that the whole of the UK just got a whole lot cheaper for me and my saving etc here just jumped 10% overnight!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The EU have to much to lose. They will fix a deal as they export too much into Britain. The remainers will state otherwise due to being bad losers

The reason that I say the EU takes about 45 per cent of our exports but we take only about a third of that percentage of theirs is not because I'm a bad loser.

It's because it's true.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
you still find a better deal though with or without and you'ré free after a potential contract settlement...if you work for it.. or like me get unlimited mins text and 0800/0845/0870 numbers and 4 GB's for £22/mth with the same carrier,a reduction of £13..

Have you got Merkels number? You could do our negotiating for us

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I can't get over it because it will prove to be an absolute disaster. Sorry this doesn't confirm to your view and half of the country. And as for your question, it depends what you mean by "overcoming". We'll soldier on, but our standard of living is going to diminish - in a decade or so, France will be far wealthier than us - that's my prediction.

Doom doom doom ww3 ww3 ww3 it's like a scratched record. France will eventually have the same vote as the EU unravels. The problem with most remainers is you are embarrassed at the thought that this country can be a success. Be proud of your country for a change and stop belittling it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Another one instantly labelling 17.5M people as racists. You can vote out without being racist

Best pal of 28 years since school in the Eighties is Iranian I work with many nationalities my employer is in 200 countries......guess what I voted OUT..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I said at the start, Cameron and Osborne were the wrong people to lead the remain campaign as they're toxic to much of the country, it needed someone respected to do a campaign with a positive message of all that is good about the EU and why we should stay.

I doubt has there ever been such a disastrous political campaign as the one carried out by the Bullingdon toffs

Saying this earlier, Ernest, the worst run campaign in political history.
Maybe, someone at the top of remain, wanted out really, and sabotaged the campaign to achieve it, but there again, I might just be paranoid

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I said at the start, Cameron and Osborne were the wrong people to lead the remain campaign as they're toxic to much of the country, it needed someone respected to do a campaign with a positive message of all that is good about the EU and why we should stay.

I doubt has there ever been such a disastrous political campaign as the one carried out by the Bullingdon toffs

Like Corbyn

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Doom doom doom ww3 ww3 ww3 it's like a scratched record. France will eventually have the same vote as the EU unravels. The problem with most remainers is you are embarrassed at the thought that this country can be a success. Be proud of your country for a change and stop belittling it

What a load of clueless crap. You have no idea whether France will have the same vote any more than you know that we'll negotiate trade deals everyone is happy with, so cut the bullshit.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Some would say that's more of a reason to leave......suppression is not good and the calls to leave in wake of that could make some countries extreme in resentment of the EU.

Emotive words. The EU will not try to 'suppress' us any more than we will try to suppress the USA when we start talking to them. They will negotiate hard, as will we. That's life.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've spent much of the day talking to Polish and Czech immigrant friends who after more than a decade of hard work and service to their UK communities have been left feeling devalued and unwanted and they and their children subject to verbal abuse.
Ashamed and embarrassed doesn't do justice to how I feel tbh
Much like a lot of British tradesman felt when they started to get undercut by unrealistic prices.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The reason that I say the EU takes about 45 per cent of our exports but we take only about a third of that percentage of theirs is not because I'm a bad loser.

It's because it's true.

He's a simpleton I'm afraid. It's all your fault because you're a bad loser and not proud of your country. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here