Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Germans will want to sell us cars and nice cars at that a work around this is to send more waste to China.

The Chinese are masters at reverse engineering and don't seem to feel any qualms in imitating anything.

Shipped halfway around the world they will be at a 3rd of the price and just as good.

YOU ARE READING THIS ON A NON EU COMPUTER.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What about when we're the seller and they're the buyer? In case you didn't understand, trade is a two way street.

Nah, he's got the 'Im British, I'm better than you' mentality and thinks everyone will fall over at our feet.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The EU will come down on us like a ton of bricks because they won't want any other countries getting the same idea about leaving.

Some would say that's more of a reason to leave......suppression is not good and the calls to leave in wake of that could make some countries extreme in resentment of the EU.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Never

You have just contacted your mobile supplier saying you are leaving on the basis of getting a lower cost and an upgrade and they have said fine and bye.
And you are at home waiting for a call to say they we would really like you to come back to us but your phone never rings

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
100%. I would have voted remain had they given us a modicum of respect during that process.

I said at the start, Cameron and Osborne were the wrong people to lead the remain campaign as they're toxic to much of the country, it needed someone respected to do a campaign with a positive message of all that is good about the EU and why we should stay.

I doubt has there ever been such a disastrous political campaign as the one carried out by the Bullingdon toffs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes but we buy far more than we sell to the EU that's stone wall and not rocket science....
You continue to struggle.

At the moment we do, yes. And that won't change once tariffs get slapped on our goods now will it. We can put respond of course, but ultimately people in the EU will be able to switch to buying from other EU states instead of from us, because it is cheaper to do so. We wouldn't have that option.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You continue to struggle.

At the moment we do, yes. And that won't change once tariffs get slapped on our goods now will it. We can put respond of course, but ultimately people in the EU will be able to switch to buying from other EU states instead of from us, because it is cheaper to do so. We wouldn't have that option.

So you think we are incapable of overcoming this and trade with other nations. God remain lost get over it

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Promotion This Season

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So you think the EU will stop exporting to us to teach us a lesson. They cannot afford to do that and will come to a compromise.

No, but I can imagine that they will make it a lot harder and make things harder financially for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Absolute Bollocks

Why do they feel devalued and unwanted.
I have been self employed for 42 years and have had to compete with Polish/Czech plumbers for a decade.
If I don't get out of bed every day and work my family are fecked - whats the difference other than I was born in Brighton and they were not.

Since the leave campaign stoked up xenophobia and a hatred of EU migrants they've been sworn at in the street and told to **** off back home and their kids have been bullied at school just because their parents aren't English Farage will tell you his precise mirroring of nazi propaganda was unintentional but if you come from Poland you are raised on stories of nazi atrocities. To dismiss the impact on them as absolute bollocks says more about you than them

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never

You have just contacted your mobile supplier saying you are leaving on the basis of getting a lower cost and an upgrade and they have said fine and bye.
And you are at home waiting for a call to say they we would really like you to come back to us but your phone never rings

you still find a better deal though with or without and you'ré free after a potential contract settlement...if you work for it.. or like me get unlimited mins text and 0800/0845/0870 numbers and 4 GB's for £22/mth with the same carrier,a reduction of £13..

el punal

I must admit I tend to agree. I'm a Leaver, but itt was hardly a ringing cry for freedom was it? Still, it's a bit like our general elections where we get a government that most people DIDN'T vote for. The whole idea was stupid, but I really don't think it's all over yet. The vast majority of MPs are Remainers, and there is still a chance that Article 50 (which I understand is pretty vague) will get fudged and we'll probably end up with something that'll leave us worse off than if we hadn't gone through this whole farrago in the first place!

Farrago = Farage?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Since the leave campaign stoked up xenophobia and a hatred of EU migrants they've been sworn at in the street and told to **** off back home and their kids have been bullied at school just because their parents aren't English Farage will tell you his precise mirroring of nazi propaganda was unintentional but if you come from Poland you are raised on stories of nazi atrocities. To dismiss the impact on them as absolute bollocks says more about you than them

I take it you have a cushy job and didn't read what I said

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No, but I can imagine that they will make it a lot harder and make things harder financially for us.

It's ok the scaremongering doesn't work anymore. There will be no real change just a new deal acceptable to all meaning we are not shafted like we have been whilst in it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you think we are incapable of overcoming this and trade with other nations. God remain lost get over it

I can't get over it because it will prove to be an absolute disaster. Sorry this doesn't confirm to your view and half of the country. And as for your question, it depends what you mean by "overcoming". We'll soldier on, but our standard of living is going to diminish - in a decade or so, France will be far wealthier than us - that's my prediction.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's ok the scaremongering doesn't work anymore. There will be no real change just a new deal acceptable to all meaning we are not shafted like we have been whilst in it

Prove it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here