Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No it wouldn't - the act only tells Johnson what he MUST do. It doesn't prevent him from ringing Macron and saying "Don't agree to the extension request when I ask for it.".

Colluding with a foreign power to act against the wishes of Britain's sovereign Parliament, is it? There's a word for that.

Of course if such a thing did happen Parliament can quickly vote through a revocation of Article 50 before setting up the judicial review and public inquiry...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Colluding with a foreign power to act against the wishes of Britain's sovereign Parliament, is it? There's a word for that.

There is indeed and if reports at the weekend are true it's remainers that did so …… hmmmm !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There is indeed and if reports at the weekend are true it's remainers that did so …… hmmmm !

Except they didn't, they asked the EU whether they would be willing to accept an extension were it asked for, and if so what sort of length they would be prepared to work with. This is not the same thing as what you are suggesting as they still then needed to get their plans through Parliament (which they did). As the Supreme Court made abundantly clear only last week, Parliament is superior to the Government in our constitution, the Government must abide by Parliament's wishes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s noteworthy that even the once relatively reasonable and considered posters such as Westdene Seagull are now talking desperate brexiteer gibberish.
I shouldn’t worry, we’ll crash out. It’s what Johnson wants. He’ll just stand there and take the flying turds until no deal is secure and he can pocket billions, steps down and walks off into the sunset with a Doris on each arm . He has no shame, empathy or conscience so it’s no skin off his nose if half the country is hating him and humiliating him publicly. Give a ****.
He cares about money, sex and himself. As long as none of those are under threat he doesn’t care what is thrown at him.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Except they didn't, they asked the EU whether they would be willing to accept an extension were it asked for, and if so what sort of length they would be prepared to work with. This is not the same thing as what you are suggesting as they still then needed to get their plans through Parliament (which they did). As the Supreme Court made abundantly clear only last week, Parliament is superior to the Government in our constitution, the Government must abide by Parliament's wishes.

Not the reports I read. Apparently the French government and the EU assisted in the wording of the Benn Act ( I won't call it the Surrender Act as I know it upsets some sensitive souls ).

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
It’s noteworthy that even the once relatively reasonable and considered posters such as Westdene Seagull are now talking desperate brexiteer gibberish.
I shouldn’t worry, we’ll crash out. It’s what Johnson wants. He’ll just stand there and take the flying turds until no deal is secure and he can pocket billions, steps down and walks off into the sunset with a Doris on each arm . He has no shame, empathy or conscience so it’s no skin off his nose if half the country is hating him and humiliating him publicly. Give a ****.
He cares about money, sex and himself. As long as none of those are under threat he doesn’t care what is thrown at him.

Says the person who posted as Nibble and then denied it until caught out. Oh, and then used an avatar to 'celebrate' a near death experience of a politician. Oh, and got banned for calling loads of people 'pricks'.

Feel free to quote my 'gibberish' …. just so I can push back on it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not the reports I read. Apparently the French government and the EU assisted in the wording of the Benn Act ( I won't call it the Surrender Act as I know it upsets some sensitive souls ).

Was this in the Mail on Sunday, by any chance? That story has been essentially dismissed by everyone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Can you explain why that should be a problem, exactly?

Whatever advice, from whatever partners, they felt it prudent to take - to ensure it would WORK, if required - the Act had to pass through Parliament, once written.

Clutching at straws.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Was on the BBC

I can't find anything on the BBC website, only pieces from the Mail, Express, Sun and, er, Breitbart running with this. They're all pretty scant pieces.

Several other places have got reports quashing it or denying it, but I can't find any detail about either the alleged talks or the alleged No. 10 probe.

Could you post the link to the BBC article if I've missed it?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think that he has done nothing actually wrong but has steered parliament to what he wants the outcome of Brexit to be.and towards remain.

I am interested in your demonisation of Bercow. A friend of mine has the same antipathy. He also hates Alistair Campbell, Gina Miller, Diane Abbott, Gordon flog-the-gold Brown, Guy Verhofstadt and Nicola Sturgeon. Have the tabloids been preparing some sort of list?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Says the person who posted as Nibble and then denied it until caught out. Oh, and then used an avatar to 'celebrate' a near death experience of a politician. Oh, and got banned for calling loads of people 'pricks'.

Feel free to quote my 'gibberish' …. just so I can push back on it.

As I say, all reason has gone out the window and it's all just angry gibberish. Thanks for proving my point. Not having the best of mornings on here, are you. A catalogue of misunderstanding, misinformation and general Brexiteer ignorance. Please "push back on it". Quite the image :sick:

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am interested in your demonisation of Bercow. A friend of mine has the same antipathy. He also hates Alistair Campbell, Gina Miller, Diane Abbott, Gordon flog-the-gold Brown, Guy Verhofstadt and Nicola Sturgeon. Have the tabloids been preparing some sort of list?

Basically, yes. The easily-led dislike / distrust Bercow, because the Mail (other right-wing propaganda sheets are available) tell him to. They don't come close to understanding The Speaker's role or responsibilities, and nor do they want / need to. He is the enemy. It is there in bold print, and that is all they need to know.

Gina Miller, exactly the same. Zero understanding of the actual legal / constitutional issues that are at the heart of her court actions. Zero will to understand. Enemy. Opponent. 'Foreign-born'. Uppity. Why waste energy thinking for yourself, when the mail can do it for you?

D

Deleted member 2719

Surely you remainers must be embarrassed by Steve Bray, he doesn't really fit into what you lot feel is your average remainer???

Cut from the same cloth as Westwood IMO

Attachments

• D1kL-29WoAA_xZt.jpg
    D1kL-29WoAA_xZt.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Johnny+Westwood+Portsmouth+v+Oxford+United+cfiKlkWEx9Rl.jpg
    Johnny+Westwood+Portsmouth+v+Oxford+United+cfiKlkWEx9Rl.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 72

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surely you remainers must be embarrassed by Steve Bray, he doesn't really fit into what you lot feel is your average remainer???

I doubt he comes up with any more drivel than you do. Your posts are absolutely feeble.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Haven't a clue who this chap is but I would rather have him on my side than racist pieces of shit like Farage or adulterous, money grubbing elitists like Johnson. Or bootless morons like you, for that matter :smile:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Steve Bray is the person who chants 'Stop Brexit' outside Parliament, has placards and is often seen behind interviews on College Green on the news.

As far as I know he's absolutely fine, just a peaceful, if loud, protester. Boris Johnson is probably terrified of him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here