Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Wouldn't put money on Oct 31st at moment.

Odds of leaving by the end of the October are currently around 2/1.

If anyone believes Johnson they can double their money, no brainer surely?

Anyone think we will actually leave by 31st October?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think that he has done nothing actually wrong but has steered parliament to what he wants the outcome of Brexit to be.and towards remain.

" The Speaker is expected to be an impartial presiding officer, remain strictly non-partisan and renounce all affiliation with their former political parties "

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, but there arn't the numbers now in the commons to do so. He is gone in 31 days anyway.

Not necessarily: he's gone by 31 Oct or the next election, The likelihood is that there'll be a Brexit extension and a GE in November but, who knows?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Yes, but there arn't the numbers now in the commons to do so. He is gone in 31 days anyway.

The only way a Speaker can be removed is if they stand down or lose their seat at an election. Precedent is they get re-elected to the position after a GE, although if Bercow hadn't announced his resignation he would possibly have not been re-elected by the Tories if they had enough votes to do so.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Odds of leaving by the end of the October are currently around 2/1.

If anyone believes Johnson they can double their money, no brainer surely?

Anyone think we will actually leave by 31st October?

Its Jan 31st for me....with Boris wriggling out of his promise...e.g ' We did everything we could to secure the right deal for this country but there just wasn't enough support within the EU for our proposals.'
No Deal is never going to happen but too many have fallen for it and panicked, rather than think through the political agenda. We were always going to leave with a deal. The big question is....what deal?
Time for a new constitution folks.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not necessarily: he's gone by 31 Oct or the next election, The likelihood is that there'll be a Brexit extension and a GE in November but, who knows?
I think he said he would go on Oct 31st, or at an election if it is before then. So, 31st Oct at the latest.

I read a silly article about Bercow replacing Johnson as PM after a vote of no confidence. No chance of it happening, but it would be the funniest next step ever.

rotfl

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No it wouldn't - the act only tells Johnson what he MUST do. It doesn't prevent him from ringing Macron and saying "Don't agree to the extension request when I ask for it.".

It's that what this has now come down to? Desperately hoping that France/Hungary/anyone will refuse an extension or agree to refuse one if your hero 'Boris' gets down on his knees and begs nicely in his posh English accent to them?

Whatever happened to #takebackcontrol?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's that what this has now come down to? Desperately hoping that France/Hungary/anyone will refuse an extension or agree to refuse one if your hero 'Boris' gets down on his knees and begs nicely in his posh English accent to them?

Yep, that's where it's got to. Desperately hoping someone else may give us the push to plunge ourselves over the edge into the economic maelstrom of 'no deal' as we are incapable of doing it ourselves :facepalm:

Better than the alternative, though. Admitting that you may have got it wrong ???

*edit*

It's like the epitome of a 'bad deal'. No matter how bad the deal has steadily got over the last 3.5 years, they just can't walk away from it.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Absolute whataboutisum !!!!! Where have I said Johnson is my 'hero' - the bloke is a 24 carat idiot.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see the #teameu theme for today is the liberal left berating and patronising the gullible thickies at the bottom for not voting for the status quo while banging on about how they are too stupid to know they are being manipulated by the rich elites.... George Osborne, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley et al thank you for your ongoing work ... :facepalm::rolleyes::lolol:

Said like a true Turkey that voted for Christmas who still thinks he's given the 'establishment' a bloody nose by voting for Brexit. How sweet.

Except in your case though you're probably fully immune from no deal, as you're not so much a Turkey but more like Tim Nice-But-Dim.

enfield_3388479b.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What is interesting is that to leave with no deal will be so devastating that we will have a rejoin parliament in 5 years time.

And to revoke article 50, will lead to a leave parliament in 5 years time.

The only way forward to stop any outcome being reversed, is to leave with a very soft deal.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Absolute whataboutisum !!!!! Where have I said Johnson is my 'hero' - the bloke is a 24 carat idiot.

I thought every lifelong anti-EU fanatic like you loved 'Boris'? Even Sir Desmond Swayne basically said in parliament last week that 'Boris' is now Brexit's only hope, but I'm perfectly happy to take your word for it.

I notice you didn't deny or counter any of the 17 preceding words I typed before the words 'hero and 'Boris' though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But you didn't want May and her deal, or a Customs Union.

Of course it has something to do with Brexit. May is ****ing up both her party and her country with lack of leadership and now Corbyn is attempting to make a policy that isn't a policy. "We'll have a customs union, not the current customs union but some type of customs union. We'll negotiate with the EU to create one" - yeh, good luck with that one Jeremy !!!! Both are as bad as each other and are letting down the 52% in favour of keeping their parties together and playing politics.

You've always said you would prefer 'no deal' to a 'bad deal' but don't seem to be able to give any indication what a deal that isn't 'bad' would look like

You've now got a PM who is doing what exactly what you wanted and you don't appear to be happy with that either.

These are the direct results of what you voted for. Instead of constantly telling us this isn't what you wanted, maybe you should have considered the implications a bit more before you voted for it ???

You are as bad as JCFG for going round and round in circles. I'm off out before I get dizzy :wave:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I thought every lifelong anti-EU fanatic like you loved 'Boris'? Even Sir Desmond Swayne basically said in parliament last week that 'Boris' is now Brexit's only hope, but I'm perfectly happy to take your word for it.

I notice you didn't deny or counter any of the 17 preceding words I typed before the words 'hero and 'Boris' though.

OK, just to give you that warm and cuddly feeling ….. those preceding words are a load of crap too !!!!! Like most of your most recent rambling posts …. are you sure you don't have a drink problem ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Morning , everyone getting ready for Brexit
regards
DF

As an aside, we were all told that this campaign "Get Ready For Brexit on The 31st" was going to be everywhere. Posters, billboards, huge leaflet drop, massive TV campaign, bus stops, trains, sides of busses (a speciality of the Tory government) etc. It was going to be everywhere.
I can honestly say I have heard a couple of short adverts buried in some of the podcasts I listen to and I think I saw it on the front of The Metro on one day a few weeks ago.
This could mean they are really not confident we are going to be leaving on the 31st or they just don't care who is ready because Boris and chums are gonna make billions out of a no deal Brexit.

Also point of fact. I saw some discussion earlier that Boris might ask certain countries to vote against an extension because all he is legally bound to do is ask for an extension. Wrong. Boris Johnson is legally bound to SEEK an extension. Which is very different to merely asking.

P.S you are still a benefit scrounging, racist, shithead.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
But you didn't want May

or a Customs Union.

You've always said you would prefer 'no deal' to a 'bad deal' based on a customs union.

You've now got a PM who is doing what exactly what you wanted and you don't appear to be happy with that either.

These are the direct results of what you voted for, maybe instead of telling us what you don't want, maybe you should take a bit of responsibility for what you've done and it's results ???

Wow, counting paper clips has obviously turned you stupid ! So, here, just for you and Child of Sussex, is my POV :

1. May was shit
2. May's deal was shit
3. Boris is even worse than May but not as bad as Corbyn
4. I don't 'want' a no deal so your "you are getting what you wanted" is a load of crap
5. Provide me a good deal for me to comment on - it's not my responsibility to provide this
6. A good deal shouldn't tie us to anything that needs the EU to provide 'permission' for us to get out
7. More than happy to take the responsibility for voting leave. Even if it means some short term pain to the UK …. or even me

There, is that what you were so desperately seeking with you dozens of 'mentions' ? Now maybe you'll admit how desperate you are for attention. So desperate you even post while out to dinner !

EDIT - and of course, you claim you know what I want and then claim I haven't said what I want :facepalm: Going senile in your retirement ?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
OK, just to give you that warm and cuddly feeling ….. those preceding words are a load of crap too !!!!! Like most of your most recent rambling posts …. are you sure you don't have a drink problem ?

So you're not reduced to wanting France to veto an extension request, or reduced to wanting Johnson to ask them to do it so he can circumnavigate the law and deliver you a no deal Brexit, before a grown up takes over and desperately agrees to a deal and kicks off the decades of ongoing/negotiating future agreements with The EU? When you typed out the name 'Macron' twice last night and excitably suggested it as a solution last night and threw in the name 'Merkel' too, you weren't desperately hoping for it? Or perhaps were you drunk last night and you can't remember?

(PS - Additionally I've noticed in some Brexit voters this very, very keen interest in Angela Merkel. Is it because she's German, a woman, both, or neither of these things?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here