[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Mouldy, - it sounds truly awful what happened. But we can't go through life
wondering whether everything we do or say is going to cause offence. We accept
that, for you, it is in bad taste. We understand that. But it can't stop other people
from their perspective on this can it?

Firstly, thanks for some understanding and expressing what someone with any dignity would say, whether they agree with me or not.

But as soon as I mentioned that I knew a family that had gone through this tragedy, they shouldn't wade in on me, it's just animal-like.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Firstly, thanks for some understanding and expressing what someone with any dignity would say, whether they agree with me or not.

But as soon as I mentioned that I knew a family that had gone through this tragedy, they shouldn't wade in on me, it's just animal-like.

I agree mate but I think you missed the obvious horse puns - think the concentration was mainly to get them in then be nasty. Either way, sad story man :(

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In other news, spending up by 28% in the first 5 months of the financial year. That’s up 31 billion pounds.

Due to new corporation tax data, last financial years deficit has been revised upwards to 41.3 billion pounds. That’s up by nearly double on last years 23.6 billion estimate.

The Conservative and Unionist Party, trusted on the Economy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think i'd have more sympathy with Mould Boots if he wasn't the sort of dick that whines about pc gone mad and snowflakes.

Ok Sam - sorry :wave:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

No worries Mouldy and I see your point of course.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think i'd have more sympathy with Mould Boots if he wasn't the sort of dick that whines about pc gone mad and snowflakes.

This.

I have him on ignore but have read the replies.

Bugger off, mouldy, and let us laugh at Farrage in peace. FFS.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It’s been a tough few days for old Boris but once he gets on that Thomas Cook flight home he’ll have time to reflect

I wouldn't want to be cabin staff on that flight, the old Red Eye back to London, 3 hours kip then having to face parliament and somehow wriggle out of lying to the Queen.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree mate but I think you missed the obvious horse puns - think the concentration was mainly to get them in then be nasty. Either way, sad story man :(

It was the fact that once I mentioned the tragedy, they keep on with no respect.

I don't expect everyone to like me, but sometimes there is a line and it was crossed, when they kept ignoring what I had said.

Anyway, I am off this thread as there is always some heartless joker ready to pounce.

Thanks, Sheebo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In other news, spending up by 28% in the first 5 months of the financial year. That’s up 31 billion pounds.

Due to new corporation tax data, last financial years deficit has been revised upwards to 41.3 billion pounds. That’s up by nearly double on last years 23.6 billion estimate.

consequence of ending austerity, more spending, more deficit. not good with every party promising even more spending.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Playing Devil's advocate, if you sincerely believe you are doing the right thing, and you succeed, then this is an example of good leadership.

I think Boris does sincerely believe he is doing the right thing. For himself. So if he does tumble us out with no deal on Oct 31, as I fully expect, then he will bide his time amd then call an election and, if the arse hasn't dropped out of the pound, and we still have food and medicines, our gammon electorate will probably send him back to number 10.

The problem is that once we have tumbled out of the EU with no deal, there is no reason for labour to not trigger an immediate vote of no confidence, so even if Boris decides it would be better (for him) to delay a GE (even making pious reference to the fixed parliament act, the utter weasel) his hand will be forced by his lack of majority. Upon that, Corbyn may well beat him.

Yes I know there are people on NSC who would rather eat their own children than see IRA member, Great Traitor, communist buffoon Corbyn as PM, the view is no more widely shared than the view that Blair was a liar and a traitor to the proleblairiate.

Not everyone is an extremist, and at a certain point a tough choice has to be made. I am pretty certain, now, despite my frequent criticism, that I will be voting labour in the next GE, given a need to do so (to get Boris out - he's worth it).

I'm voting for the bloke who went to a remembrance service and wore the wrong coat , rather than the right **** that lied to parliament and The Queen .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
consequence of ending austerity, more spending, more deficit. not good with every party promising even more spending.

The cash that is allegedly going to end austerity is not being spaffed until 2020 so that's odd? Still, if there is an election and Boris gets back in he will have the opportunity to reinstate austerity anyway, so, no panic.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well at least that's something.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I suspect the Lib Dems will gain a number of seats from the "**** that" electorate in areas where a Cats Protection League isn't fielding a candidate.

Their manifesto will contains sections on "yeah", "you know", "I see what you're saying" and finally "whatever" and will be printed on a blend of recycled bottles and hemp.

They will then hold an an online competition to "like" their new policies. Looking forward to it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest".

Elie Weasel

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports