Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Agree he isn't doing too well when some of people in the debate seem to think their troubles will be far away once we exit. Shame. They will wake up with a big hangover and lower prospects if they win

The betting suggests we'll remain in the EU with stay at 8/15 and leave 6/4.

Bookies are usually right with these type of things.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Most on here argue ferociously but reasonably respectfully...a few don't

Most are respectful yes.Most don't make such vile and offensive comments as the one I received in that thread.There are some lines you don't cross.Most on here don't stalk others around this site goading them especially when the've been asked to be left alone.If you can't appreciate where I am coming from then it's pointless me trying to explain.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
DC doing very well. Mightily impressed by his cool under fire and getting his points out. This Turkey nonsense is so ridiculous. The PM of Great Britain cannot do international diplomacy from a TV studio in London.

Has he mentioned the £4300 worse off for everybody yet

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I will vote to leave.
Brussels is my main concern and when anything important is on the table most countries follow Germany, as I feel that they are under pressure and the appalling way Greece is being treated is not acceptable.
When I voted for joining the Common Market the Prime Minister assured the British people that the UK would never become part of Europe, but years later stated that it was inevitable the country would be in the EU - he expected it all along.
The idea of the EU is the same laws for all and borders will not exist so you will all be Europeans and not English,Scottish,Welsh or Irish.
For me it is governing your country and not being overruled by Brussels or going to Germany for permission.

The BBC R4 "More or Less" programme highlighted that we have been out-voted on new EU laws on 58 occasions over the past 17 years (i.e., just over 3 times a year). We've been on the same side as the majority on 2,466 occasions. So, whilst we might crave "sovereignty", it will make virtually zero difference to what we actually want to happen. Is it really worth all this aggro for just 2.6% of the decisions which have gone against us? The R4 programme also highlighted the nature of some of the laws on which we were out-voted (something about blue fin tuna; rules on sugar beet....)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
There is nothing wrong with it. It is not a lie. Unlike: 350m a week, Turkey joining EU, EU army.

Provisions for an EU army is in the Maastrict treaty, agreements with Turkey concerning accelerated membership were made just a few months ago.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Provisions for an EU army is in the Maastrict treaty, agreements with Turkey concerning accelerated membership were made just a few months ago.

Have you got a link to the supposed accelerate membership of Turkey or are you merely confusing this with visa free travel in the Schengen Area?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The BBC R4 "More or Less" programme highlighted that we have been out-voted on new EU laws on 58 occasions over the past 17 years (i.e., just over 3 times a year). We've been on the same side as the majority on 2,466 occasions. So, whilst we might crave "sovereignty", it will make virtually zero difference to what we actually want to happen. Is it really worth all this aggro for just 2.6% of the decisions which have gone against us? The R4 programme also highlighted the nature of some of the laws on which we were out-voted (something about blue fin tuna; rules on sugar beet....)

I can see why that program is called more or less.

It's worth it because we were on the losing side most often 12.3 % (2009 -2015) by a considerable margin, next country only 5%.

The top two issues we were outvoted on and our national interests completely ignored were on the budget and Foreign and Security policy.

http://ukandeu.ac.uk/explainers/does-the-uk-win-or-lose-in-the-council-of-ministers/

Take Back Control Vote Leave

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

What does provisions for an EU army mean? Regarding Turkey, you may have noticed we're trying to stem the flow of refugees. That necessitates spending some money, it puts them no closer to EU membership. It's not happening. The PM can't say that Turkish membership will be straight-up vetoed because that's not how you conduct international politics.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Have you got a link to the supposed accelerate membership of Turkey or are you merely confusing this with visa free travel in the Schengen Area?

I have ....

8) The accession process will be re-energised, with Chapter 33 to be opened during the Dutch Presidency of the Council of the European Union and preparatory work on the opening of other chapters to continue at an accelerated pace;

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-16-1664_en.htm

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I can see why that program is called more or less.

It's worth it because we were on the losing side most often 12.3 % (2009 -2015) by a considerable margin, next country only 5%.

The top two issues we were outvoted on and our national interests completely ignored were on the budget and Foreign and Security policy.

http://ukandeu.ac.uk/explainers/does-the-uk-win-or-lose-in-the-council-of-ministers/

Take Back Control Vote Leave

Give up control, let some else do it. Vote Leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here