Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Its interesting that JRM's father wrote a book about how to make a ton of cash out of a financial crisis. Pretty clear where he gets his ideas from.

View attachment 100385

Second investment fund in ROI and apparently nothing to do with Brexit.

Are people finally going to realise the con is on?

It's how the rich have and always will make money upon the backs of others Brexit will be a money making bonanza for those who will be left picking over the bones of a failed economic post Brexit Britain it's true Capitalism, the only bit that's confusing is that most of those who are oftern the most fervent of Brexiteers are the ones most likley to not benifit from it, I guess it shows just how the Establishment has and still does control the Plebeians

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My wife studied in France and Italy many years ago. She was living with an American, and an Australian. If they could get to Europe, whats stopping you from doing the same after Brexit?

I'm afraid there is a lot of drama and scaremongering about leaving the EU. Yes there will be some changes in the framework, but people will hardly notice it. When we leave it will just be another day.

I am hoping for either an ESTA type set up where I can travel freely in the EU as I have to do for my job, or this movement to set up a EU citizen passport, which will certainly ease this for me.

One concern I have is on a purely personal level when travelling by air. We flew into Rome in the summer and by accident were directed into the non European passport line...which I think was just either incompetence by the security guard, or maybe omeone pissed off, but anyway the queue was 3 hours long with Chinese Indian and Americans, luckily, a security guy spotted me holding up my British passport and pulled us out of the queue and directed us to the biometric gate and it took 35 seconds to get through!

It's worrying that we are losing clients from the UK to Europe, which three of our biggest ones, one has moved to Frankfurt, one is planning to move to Luxembourg and the other to Paris....it's keeping me busy having to facilitate this, but as there are more and more customers doing and have done this. As they transfer out of the uk, our arm of the business, which pays its taxes etc in the U.K., that money, and it is substantial as they r FTSE one hundred companies that are moving, will not come tothe uk treasury

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's how the rich have and always will make money upon the backs of others Brexit will be a money making bonanza for those who will be left picking over the bones of a failed economic post Brexit Britain it's true Capitalism, the only bit that's confusing is that most of those who are oftern the most fervent of Brexiteers are the ones most likley to not benifit from it, I guess it shows just how the Establishment has and still does control the Plebeians

Its always been the arrogant who dismiss or cannot understand or comprehend what those that voted to leave would consider beneficial to being out in the first place.
The fact the arrogance continues says volumes about the lack of self awareness of leave detractors. Give yourself a pat on the back for being a Brexit enabler.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
See you did not respond to my slightly more reserved post about your so called 'pure evil'. Oh well.....

About your RIGHTS.............when the world gets a bit tougher, less cushy, maybe even a bit regressive (please, hold on, remember that I am also a remained) you were only born with one RIGHT, you will die. That is the way it is, like it or lump it. Rights area bullshit term for expectations, when it comes to the shitty bits of life, terminal illness, war, famine etc rights no longer have any meaning, so to bleat on about RIGHTS because you might have to show your passport to go to Europe, or can longer get a free scholarship at a top performing Dutch University, or worse, the enviroment of other species is a important than the well being of my elders s a bit bollocks really. Just my opinion like.

Jesus.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
One concern I have is on a purely personal level when travelling by air. We flew into Rome in the summer and by accident were directed into the non European passport line...which I think was just either incompetence by the security guard, or maybe omeone pissed off, but anyway the queue was 3 hours long with Chinese Indian and Americans, luckily, a security guy spotted me holding up my British passport and pulled us out of the queue and directed us to the biometric gate and it took 35 seconds to get through!

How did you know the queue was 3 hours long? Were you in it for 3 hours before you got pulled out (highly unlikely) Did you hang around after you had passed the gate to verify it took 3 hours of queuing ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why? People are deliberately reducing freedoms we were born into and securing the demise of our future! Why should we lighten up? People are actively trying to destroy lives! It is pure evil and needs to be stopped.

Pure evil ?? Oh give over ! You clearly don't know what pure evil is. Pure evil is Hitler, Assad, targeting civilians during war, Ian Huntley etc. Leaving the EU is not pure evil. Your drama queen statements do your argument no good at all, they make you look very silly.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My wife studied in France and Italy many years ago. She was living with an American, and an Australian. If they could get to Europe, whats stopping you from doing the same after Brexit?

I'm afraid there is a lot of drama and scaremongering about leaving the EU. Yes there will be some changes in the framework, but people will hardly notice it. When we leave it will just be another day.

You really are coming across as ignorant. Talk to an Aussie, talk to an American, ad talk to a European about the very different terms they live under in the EU. I know a reasonably settled American who through no fault of her own lost her job. It coincided with her visa running out. She then had a very very stressful time to find a related teaching job or be booted out. If she had an EU passport it would not have been an issue, she could have even taken a job in a cafe to keep ticking over. That’s the difference

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am hoping for either an ESTA type set up where I can travel freely in the EU as I have to do for my job, or this movement to set up a EU citizen passport, which will certainly ease this for me.

It's worrying that we are losing clients from the UK to Europe, which three of our biggest ones, one has moved to Frankfurt, one is planning to move to Luxembourg and the other to Paris....it's keeping me busy having to facilitate this, but as there are more and more customers doing and have done this. As they transfer out of the uk, our arm of the business, which pays its taxes etc in the U.K., that money, and it is substantial as they r FTSE one hundred companies that are moving, will not come tothe uk treasury

I'm in no way doubting you and what you've stated is happening but, if memory serves me correctly I know the company you work for, and I know they are recruiting - I've been approached myself. Also, they are about to sign a £100m contract with a logistics company. So surely it's not all doom and gloom ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm in no way doubting you and what you've stated is happening but, if memory serves me correctly I know the company you work for, and I know they are recruiting - I've been approached myself. Also, they are about to sign a £100m contract with a logistics company. So surely it's not all doom and gloom ?

Do they have a PDF based database which needs maintaining? :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I see The Chancellor has indicated to The Herald yesterday that no deal may mean more austerity unsurprisngly - http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...-deal-brexit-would-lead-to-departmental-cuts/

Austerity=Brexit Vote=More Austerity. Great.

Still, it's probably all project fear and part of an establishment conspiracy by remoaners etc, etc

May is playing an absolute blinder, this no deal contingency planning which was always going to appear has got the remainers in a blind panic, project fear mongering each other to apocalyptic conclusions. The gov dont even need to attempt to scare people, the remainers are doing all the groundwork themselves.
The gov continue with dont worry we will get a deal........parliament will vote on it. The number of MP`s who would vote for a no on the withdrawal deal and have us leave with no deal must be diminishing hourly thanks to Remain HQ.
The thunder has been stolen from those that would try to stop brexit and they dont even realise its happened.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You really are coming across as ignorant. Talk to an Aussie, talk to an American, ad talk to a European about the very different terms they live under in the EU. I know a reasonably settled American who through no fault of her own lost her job. It coincided with her visa running out. She then had a very very stressful time to find a related teaching job or be booted out. If she had an EU passport it would not have been an issue, she could have even taken a job in a cafe to keep ticking over. That’s the difference

She had an invalid visa.......but you thought she was entitled to stay. Sums it up really.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I havnt been keeping EXACT count, i didnt realise it was required.
You should pop into the remoaner social media universe sometime, its hysterical, plenty around and about saying Farage was insignificant and had nothing to do with Brexit......full scale denial from some people.

Round figures will be fine but if you simply made up the assertion that Remainers think Farage had nothing to do with Brexit that's all right too. We understand.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
May is playing an absolute blinder, this no deal contingency planning which was always going to appear has got the remainers in a blind panic, project fear mongering each other to apocalyptic conclusions. The gov dont even need to attempt to scare people, the remainers are doing all the groundwork themselves.
The gov continue with dont worry we will get a deal........parliament will vote on it. The number of MP`s who would vote for a no on the withdrawal deal and have us leave with no deal must be diminishing hourly thanks to Remain HQ.
The thunder has been stolen from those that would try to stop brexit and they dont even realise its happened.

Perhaps.

Then again Rees-Mogg and his ERG/LML fellow Tory public school oddballs like yourself have indicated they wont back Chequers, as have the Labour party and indeed noises from The EU indicate they wont either. An FTA does not solve Northern Ireland and a whole host of other things and would require a lengthy 'implementation period' to get the infrastructure etc in place and the numbers aren't in place for that option in Westminister. '80% agreed' has been '80% agreed' for a long time now and it looks like October will be November at the earliest, if at all. We could get certainly toward and into 'no deal' territory by default. If that's in the new year, I wouldn't tell your man servant to go down the bookmakers and place 10 Guineas on any given scenario, if I were you.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Round figures will be fine but if you simply made up the assertion that Remainers think Farage had nothing to do with Brexit that's all right too. We understand.

I havnt been keeping round figures either, I didn’t know it was required.
Some remainers as per my claim “you can spot those remainers” (amongst the wider remainers) really do think Farage had nothing to do with Brexit, why would you think its made up and none of them think like that?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Definitely one of your most influential jpegs to date :lolol:

Remind us of your position on bi-lateral deals then.

I see people are still having problems with adware/malware.You had better go and help,being such an expert.:lolol:

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Perhaps.

Then again Rees-Mogg and his ERG/LML fellow Tory public school oddballs like yourself have indicated they wont back Chequers, as have the Labour party and indeed noises from The EU indicate they wont either. An FTA does not solve Northern Ireland and a whole host of other things and would require a lengthy 'implementation period' to get the infrastructure etc in place and the numbers aren't in place for that option in Westminister. '80% agreed' has been '80% agreed' for a long time now and it looks like October will be November at the earliest, if at all. We could get certainly toward and into 'no deal' territory by default. If that's in the new year, I wouldn't tell your man servant to go down the bookmakers and place 10 Guineas on any given scenario, if I were you.

And you wonder why, all confused, why your class warrior prejudice that seeps into your posts makes you look like a joke.........seriously?
Have a word with your self and grow up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here