Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Another way to look at it. "Fake briefing notes allowed to be photographed to allow further scare stories to be written".

Gosh no, remainers would never stoop so lie and do that, after all that £30bln emergency budget really screwed the economy and made us fall into recession. Not

Why would the Salisbury MP & Treasury Minister minister John Glenn be exiting the Cabinet Office with fake briefing notes for the purposes of scare stories being written?

I'm not into paranoid conspiracy theories, so I'm genuinely interested.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why would the Salisbury MP & Treasury Minister minister John Glenn be exiting the Cabinet Office with fake briefing notes for the purposes of scare stories being written?

Its wishful thinking its anything that requires any thought.

Of course this isn't the first time, remember Greg Clark. Just more incompetence from the worst government in peacetime

larus

Do you not think that with the issues they’ve had in the past with notes being photographed, that they would tell ministers to make sure sensitive documents are secured? It would not seem an unreasonable ‘improvement’ to have made.

As the establishment (civil servants, remainers, HoL, etc.) are trying to thwart Brexit (IMO - I know you won’t believe that) by lack of preparation and Project Fear Part 2, it could be seen as convenient to allow ‘fantasy’ type notes to be photographed by ‘accident’.

As a leaver I am skeptical that TM/Hammond/Robbins are trying to implement Brexit. What they want to achieve is for us to remain as close to the EU as possible or even still within it. Chequers is Brino IMO. I do not accept that this is what I voted for - I voted to leave, but there’s been no preparation and a concerted effort by remainers to thwart the outcome of the vote.

It’s in the interests of remainers (TM, Hammond, Robbins, etc.) and the EU to make the process seem as complex as possible (even on things which need not be) as they would like to weaken public opinion and then use whatever excuse they can do do either extend memebership of hold another vote to try to overturn.

Again, I accept that you may not agree with me, but if you wanted to thwart something, it would be in your interest to over-play issues and make things seem much more onerous. So, when convenient things like this happen, it causes me to question.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But surely in saying that to let them remain would be to ignore the wishes of the people he is implying that they shouldn't be allowed to remain?

The key word there is 'implying'. It is meat and drink to snake oil salesmen. Rabble-rousers like Farage and Johnson are adept at giving a clear impression of one thing while inserting a small semantic escape clause that allows them to claim they didn't actually say it, not literally-like. It was done with the referendum-clinching bus claim - "we didn't actually SAY we would have more money to give the NHS..." And it was certainly done with Farage's 'disturbing' poster. "Racism? Not my fault if people draw the wrong impression from me choosing to have my picture taken in front of a load of swarthy-looking blokes."

There will always be a few people prepared to defend them.

He doesn’t suggest or even imply we should deport 3 million Europeans if there's no deal.. Classic twitter mis-representation, no wonder you are defending it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you not think that with the issues they’ve had in the past with notes being photographed, that they would tell ministers to make sure sensitive documents are secured? It would not seem an unreasonable ‘improvement’ to have made.

As the establishment (civil servants, remainers, HoL, etc.) are trying to thwart Brexit (IMO - I know you won’t believe that) by lack of preparation and Project Fear Part 2, it could be seen as convenient to allow ‘fantasy’ type notes to be photographed by ‘accident’.

As a leaver I am skeptical that TM/Hammond/Robbins are trying to implement Brexit. What they want to achieve is for us to remain as close to the EU as possible or even still within it. Chequers is Brino IMO. I do not accept that this is what I voted for - I voted to leave, but there’s been no preparation and a concerted effort by remainers to thwart the outcome of the vote.

It’s in the interests of remainers (TM, Hammond, Robbins, etc.) and the EU to make the process seem as complex as possible (even on things which need not be) as they would like to weaken public opinion and then use whatever excuse they can do do either extend memebership of hold another vote to try to overturn.

Again, I accept that you may not agree with me, but if you wanted to thwart something, it would be in your interest to over-play issues and make things seem much more onerous. So, when convenient things like this happen, it causes me to question.

So it's the paranoid conspiracy theory as suggested then :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd like to think these types would be deported once they've been found guilty and the 9000 in our prisons would be nice but being so hideously liberal and our human rights drivel it's unlikely.

But, to repeat the question, why would Brexit make any difference? It's possible to deport non-EU citizens now, we don't have to wait for us to leave the EU

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Jesus - lay off whatever you're taken fella - I mean that as an Albion fan to another Albion fan. Good luck.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On Fox everyone they ever have on just agrees with their narrative. Thankfully Ofcom rules outlaw this kind of gutter broadcast media pedaled by Murdoch and co.

Farage meanwhile has his nose in the trough in Australia on a speaking tour, £60+ a ticket, £160 for a photo.

He managed 350 people in Perth, but has had to switch venues in Sydney to somewhere smaller.

Farage had claimed that he was enjoying a “successful start” to his tour when he took to social media on Sunday.

However, selling tickets for An Entertaining Evening with Nigel Farage hasn’t been easy. One website was offering a 40% discount on tickets, and the VIP packages had been reduced significantly.

An event due to be held at Sydney’s International Convention Centre (ICC) was cancelled when the former UKIP leader failed to fill the 2,500-seat site. Instead the show was moved to a smaller venue.

The ICC claimed that the promoter had “not met the terms of their hiring agreement” while the promoter blamed a “disagreement over costs”.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

So you don't think they're fake, rather they have just been photographed on purpose?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its very easy to spot those remainers who have been triggered to the point of obsession by Farage. Still hanging off everything he says and does........whilst saying in the same breath he had NOTHING to do with bringing about Brexit.
Big LOLs

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Its very easy to spot those remainers who have been triggered to the point of obsession by Farage. Still hanging off everything he says and does........whilst saying in the same breath he had NOTHING to do with bringing about Brexit.
Big LOLs
How many Remainers exactly have you actually spotted saying that Farage had nothing - indeed, NOTHING - to do with bringing about Brexit?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What on EARTH are you blithering on about now? If visiting one handed websites crashed NSC [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] would have brought it down years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought you were supposed to be a bit more civil now?Obviously not,never mind.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Which is thicker, your'e thick skin or your thick head?

You still haven't replied to my question about measuring the thickness of pig-poo you're so keen on.Still a bit concussed?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looks like Katya Adler has her finger on the pulse of where trade with the EU is headed,bi-lateral deals that remainers on here said wouldn't happen.

bi lat.png

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How many Remainers exactly have you actually spotted saying that Farage had nothing - indeed, NOTHING - to do with bringing about Brexit?

I havnt been keeping EXACT count, i didnt realise it was required.
You should pop into the remoaner social media universe sometime, its hysterical, plenty around and about saying Farage was insignificant and had nothing to do with Brexit......full scale denial from some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here