Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why? People are deliberately reducing freedoms we were born into and securing the demise of our future! Why should we lighten up? People are actively trying to destroy lives! It is pure evil and needs to be stopped.

As a remainer I also say 'lighten up'. Pure evil? LOL! It is a political decision that involves tariffs and customs and hindrance to travel. Life may better or worse under Brexit, worse in my opinion, but do calm down dear.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why? People are deliberately reducing freedoms we were born into and securing the demise of our future! Why should we lighten up? People are actively trying to destroy lives! It is pure evil and needs to be stopped.

Plenty of people were born before the formation of The EU and rights given by treaties that don’t share your sense of self entitlement. Are the vast majority of the world`s nations who are not in The EU pure evil too? You probably need a good dose of perspective and less excessive drama.

Jan 30, 2008
No they are not, I never said they were. Not being part of the eu does not make you evil, I never said that. Why do you insist in making such slanderous comments?
Stripping people of rights they were born with is evil. Deliberately destroying the futures of the next generations just to make sure you might be better off is evil. **** the kids eh? As long as I can get a better pension. **** environment, I will be dead by the time it is really bad, as long as I get some money. Typical boomer mentality.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...-nigel-farage-theresa-may-chequers-deal-eu-uk
dry your eyes son and get a grip ! what about those that are born when we're out of the EU they'll wonder what all the fuss was about :dunce:
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Violation of human rights, nothing less. The old sh1ting on the young, nothing less

larus

So you don't think they're fake, rather they have just been photographed on purpose?

I honestly don’t know.

What I do know/think is:
1. The EU don’t want us to leave and will do whatever they can to thwart it/make us extend in some kind of CU and ideally rejoin/cancel.
2. TM/Hammond/Robbins are reaminers and they are running the negotiations.
3. Chequers is a sellout and not Brexit.
4. There are lots of people trying anything they can do have a second referendum (forget what crap it’s called, that’s what it is) or to cancel it all together.

To try to weaken the resolve of leave supporters, the Remain/EU will try dirty tricks. They’ve proven this in the original campaign.

So, could this be a little ruse to spin ‘Fear’ but make it not seem like more lies from the Project Fear side? Yes.

And it says a lot about the remain side if they really can’t see that the establishment have lied throughout the process and that this leads to suspicion.

Am I saying 100% that this is a fabrication? No. Do I think it COULD be? Yes.

Important difference. I’m not a conspiracy theory person, but we’ve been lied to loads by politicians and even been taken to war over on the back of lies, so those who dismiss this outright just because it suits their arguments reflects on them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No they are not, I never said they were. Not being part of the eu does not make you evil, I never said that. Why do you insist in making such slanderous comments?
Stripping people of rights they were born with is evil. Deliberately destroying the futures of the next generations just to make sure you might be better off is evil. **** the kids eh? As long as I can get a better pension. **** environment, I will be dead by the time it is really bad, as long as I get some money. Typical boomer mentality.

:rotlf:

Violation of human rights, nothing less.

005.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

See you did not respond to my slightly more reserved post about your so called 'pure evil'. Oh well.....

About your RIGHTS.............when the world gets a bit tougher, less cushy, maybe even a bit regressive (please, hold on, remember that I am also a remained) you were only born with one RIGHT, you will die. That is the way it is, like it or lump it. Rights area bullshit term for expectations, when it comes to the shitty bits of life, terminal illness, war, famine etc rights no longer have any meaning, so to bleat on about RIGHTS because you might have to show your passport to go to Europe, or can longer get a free scholarship at a top performing Dutch University, or worse, the enviroment of other species is a important than the well being of my elders s a bit bollocks really. Just my opinion like.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tell me oh wise one. If the U.K. leave on WTO rules, what will the EU do with the border between ROI and NI? Will the have a hard-border or will the implement border controls between ROI and the rest of Europe.

Tick, tock.

I have quoted you numerous times saying that we can implement WTO tariffs with no borders or customs

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-BrExit-the-countdown-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019&p=8582628&highlight=#post8582628

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-BrExit-the-countdown-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019&p=8582609&highlight=#post8582609

If you can find any quote where I said that Ireland would not need customs, please post it and I'm sure I would be mature enough to admit my mistake.

Do you still think that because we are (in your mind) negotiating an FTA with one member of the WTO, that all other members of the world have to wait ?

Maybe best to revert to your 'This wouldn't have happened if Leavers were in charge' rant like I predicted you would last year

I suspect that this will be the next response from Brexiteers. 'She was a remainer all along and we have been stitched up'.

I wonder why the dream team of Nige, Boris, Andrea and Gove didn't continue their marvellous winning streak and lead us on to the Brexit that they outlined ???

Spooky huh

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The only people who are doing anything are the rich Brexiteers who will push it through as they can leave and won't get hurt if the gamble fails. They don't give a shit about us.

Its interesting that JRM's father wrote a book about how to make a ton of cash out of a financial crisis. Pretty clear where he gets his ideas from.

Capture.JPG

Second investment fund in ROI and apparently nothing to do with Brexit.

Are people finally going to realise the con is on?

D

Deleted member 22389

My wife studied in France and Italy many years ago. She was living with an American, and an Australian. If they could get to Europe, whats stopping you from doing the same after Brexit?

I'm afraid there is a lot of drama and scaremongering about leaving the EU. Yes there will be some changes in the framework, but people will hardly notice it. When we leave it will just be another day.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Every now and then I politely ask the Leavers to furnish us with some good news with respect to anticipated outcomes of Brexit. This could act as a counterbalance to the relentless tide of grim scenarios that wash up on a daily basis.

Up to now I think it's fair to say that I've not been overwhelmed by the response. But given that it's been a couple of months since I last asked, I'll try again.

What goodies - apart from the truism 'we'll be leaving the EU' (and bloody 'tick tock') - are you anticipating? Best to talk in the short to medium term as the longer term will be subject to many variables. After all, and for goodness sake there must be something positive?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Every now and then I politely ask the Leavers to furnish us with some good news with respect to anticipated outcomes of Brexit. This could act as a counterbalance to the relentless tide of grim scenarios that wash up on a daily basis.

Up to now I think it's fair to say that I've not been overwhelmed by the response. But given that it's been a couple of months since I last asked, I'll try again.

What goodies - apart from the truism 'we'll be leaving the EU' (and bloody 'tick tock') - are you anticipating? Best to talk in the short to medium term as the longer term will be subject to many variables. After all, and for goodness sake there must be something positive?

Wish you had bothered to originally ask me

End of free movement
Return to Westminster of more law making powers.
End of the ECJ primacy over our courts domestically
End of EU exclusive competence over our parliament
No longer members of the single market
No longer members of THE customs union
No longer members of the EU

All good news positive outcomes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here