Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I seem to recall someone in this thread scoffing a few months ago when I pointed out No Deal Brexit would lead to a shortage of medicines and chemotherapy treatments.

Oh look.

[TWEET]1032643955530379264[/TWEET]

So what?A stockpile means no shortages.Why highlight simple common sense?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I also see there was no mention of aviation in today's 'no deal' tranche release. I suppose there wont need to be, as despite the aviation industry still not having a clue what happens after we leave the open skies agreement in a no deal scenario, the Brexiteers on here have categorically stated it'll be fine in that regard. With Chris Grayling as Transport Secretary who can blame them for being confident.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I suggest that [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] takes a little of his own advice.

If any Brexiteers on here want to tell us about WTO and 'no deal' maybe they should listen to this first. (Not looking at anyone in particular [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION], [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION])

You may even find that some of the points he raises sound familiar :whistle:

Jackanory,jackanory,jackanory,dumb dumb :whistle:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can somebody from this FPBE mob,or People's :lol:Vote try and come up with some new scare stories?Plague of locusts,Black Death,Great Fire of Britain,Nazi Invasion or something?:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I also see there was no mention of aviation in today's 'no deal' tranche release. I suppose there wont need to be, as despite the aviation industry still not having a clue what happens after we leave the open skies agreement in a no deal scenario, the Brexiteers on here have categorically stated it'll be fine in that regard. With Chris Grayling as Transport Secretary who can blame them for being confident.

Got to keep the flights open for the 4 million EU citizens going home :D

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Genuinely, this will have to be the final time that I explain the very same thing (that you already know, anyway):

The government team and the EU team are working on a 'deal'. They will have to eventually come up with some form of agreement, which as you rightly, and repeatedly, point out, can only be SIGNED after we have left the EU. That doesn't mean that the working out, or the agreement is not reached before we leave, not does it mean that the details of the basis of that agreement cannot be shared with, and considered by the public BEFORE we leave.

It really is not a difficult concept to misunderstand. Unless you choose to.

You cant be this dim.
The deal in question is the trade arrangements post brexit, not the withdrawal deal.
There is a clear defined process. There is the withdrawal deal/agreement , which will be voted on by our parliament and the EU parliament. This will be accompanied by an outline framework agreement or arrangement on the future relationship /partnership (the trade part if you like) This process is clearly layed out in article 50.
As this(future relationship) is simply an overall outlook on future trade it will come as a political agreed statement that does not require ratification.
This framework or outline agreement on the future relationship/partnership will then be converted and concluded during the implementation period (agreed via the withdrawal agreement) into a Free Trade Agreement, this is the finalised trade deal. This is what both sides are working towards.
Some remainers, including on here have recognised it would be stupid to have a peoples vote purely on the withdrawal agreement when trade terms have not been finalised, and are only at an outline stage, and that this peoples vote must come when trade has been finally agreed. Lets face it remainers are fully about the economy and trade, it would be daft for them to not have it considered in their precious peoples vote.
When the trade aspect is finalised we will be out of the EU, maybe will have been out for 18 months.
How then when you have your peoples vote at this stage, will you be able to have an option of remaining in the EU when we will have already left.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I sit near our legal team in our office.

They were on the phone to ABTA within an hour of the speech lodging their dismay

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
haha.png

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You cant be this dim.
The deal in question is the trade arrangements post brexit, not the withdrawal deal.
There is a clear defined process. There is the withdrawal deal/agreement , which will be voted on by our parliament and the EU parliament. This will be accompanied by an outline framework agreement or arrangement on the future relationship /partnership (the trade part if you like) This process is clearly layed out in article 50.
As this(future relationship) is simply an overall outlook on future trade it will come as a political agreed statement that does not require ratification.
This framework or outline agreement on the future relationship/partnership will then be converted and concluded during the implementation period (agreed via the withdrawal agreement) into a Free Trade Agreement, this is the finalised trade deal. This is what both sides are working towards.
Some remainers, including on here have recognised it would be stupid to have a peoples vote purely on the withdrawal agreement when trade terms have not been finalised, and are only at an outline stage, and that this peoples vote must come when trade has been finally agreed. Lets face it remainers are fully about the economy and trade, it would be daft for them to not have it considered in their precious peoples vote.
When the trade aspect is finalised we will be out of the EU, maybe will have been out for 18 months.
How then when you have your peoples vote at this stage, will you be able to have an option of remaining in the EU when we will have already left.

I think you understand what people mean, even if they word it slightly incorrectly. I have highlighted the point. We should vote when it is clear that there either will be no framework, or the framework is visible. I see some leavers suggesting riots in the streets if we don't leave on March 29th, I think they are far more likely if we leave with no withdrawal agreement, and no transition period, and part of getting that is having a framework to transition towards.
You got like this over someones switching around of Council and Commission, it was clear to all, including you, where the mistake was, but you have to drag it out for as many posts as possible to maximise your fleeting opportunities to be "right".
We know what is meant, you know what is meant, by all means point out the error, but include the correction if you know the intention.

Jan 30, 2008
just when the grizzlers get some form of clarification , seems like it's meltdown time for them THE END IS NIGH the UK stops to function where will it all end, rioting on the streets? curfews put in place to stop wide spread looting of essential goods and medicines :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The government’s instruction to Northern Ireland businesses to ask Dublin what they should do in the event of no deal on Brexit has been described as “madness” by manufacturers in the region.

Hilary Benn, the Labour MP and chair of the Brexit select committee, described the guidance as an “abdication of responsibility”.

In what is being seen as a deliberate attempt to put pressure on Ireland’s prime minister, Leo Varadkar, the UK government has recommended that businesses trading across the border “should consider whether you will need advice from the Irish government about preparations you need to make”.

Just ask Dublin lols

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here