Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tell me why it is impossible to have a peoples vote on the finalised trade deal before we have left the EU? Because that sounds like nonsense to me. Oh wait, it is nonsense. You're making it up.

There was an article on the BBC website just as parliament broke for the Summer recess. In it various parties were discussing the range of possibilities for where Brexit would go. There was discussion around the possibility of a second referendum with comment from the Electrol Commission ( if I remember correctly ) saying it isn't technically possible to hold another referendum before March the 29th - mainly down to acts of parliament and process.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There was an article on the BBC website just as parliament broke for the Summer recess. In it various parties were discussing the range of possibilities for where Brexit would go. There was discussion around the possibility of a second referendum with comment from the Electrol Commission ( if I remember correctly ) saying it isn't technically possible to hold another referendum before March the 29th - mainly down to acts of parliament and process.

Do you really think that there will be anything to potentially have a referendum on before March 29th?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Minette Batters, president of the National Farmers' Union, says: "While these notices are an essential part of government’s plans for preparing for all outcomes, they serve as a sobering reminder of what is at stake for farmers in the event of a no-deal.

"The technical notice for organic farming is a warning for us on the future of trade of all agri-food products - if all these products were subjected to the same problems in approvals and certification then this could result in effectively a trade embargo on exports to the EU.

"Not only would this be hugely disruptive but it threatens livelihoods and businesses in the UK.

"The absolute priority for the NFU continues to be that we maintain free and frictionless trade with the EU.

"Last year 60% of UK food, feed and drink exports were to EU countries and 70% of our imports in these products were from the EU. This trading relationship is worth £45.5bn.

"We look to government to clarify the vital issue of trading with the EU for the farming sector in the remaining technical notices due to be released.

"We believe that a deal is the most likely outcome to the ongoing negotiations between the EU and UK and we urge both sides to find pragmatic solutions to the issues still outstanding between them.

"A no-deal outcome would be the worst possible one for the farming industry."

58% of farmers voted to leave, you won get over it

Jan 30, 2008
Minette Batters, president of the National Farmers' Union, says: "While these notices are an essential part of government’s plans for preparing for all outcomes, they serve as a sobering reminder of what is at stake for farmers in the event of a no-deal.

"The technical notice for organic farming is a warning for us on the future of trade of all agri-food products - if all these products were subjected to the same problems in approvals and certification then this could result in effectively a trade embargo on exports to the EU.

"Not only would this be hugely disruptive but it threatens livelihoods and businesses in the UK.

"The absolute priority for the NFU continues to be that we maintain free and frictionless trade with the EU.

"Last year 60% of UK food, feed and drink exports were to EU countries and 70% of our imports in these products were from the EU. This trading relationship is worth £45.5bn.

"We look to government to clarify the vital issue of trading with the EU for the farming sector in the remaining technical notices due to be released.

"We believe that a deal is the most likely outcome to the ongoing negotiations between the EU and UK and we urge both sides to find pragmatic solutions to the issues still outstanding between them.

"A no-deal outcome would be the worst possible one for the farming industry."

58% of farmers voted to leave, you won get over it
what is it that we can't produce here that the EU some how can ?????MUST BE AN UPSET REMAINER
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All this elitist tosh about how good they are with English is really laughable when you realise that we don't even have an official language,so they're just talking crap as usual.:lolol:

ponces.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't be arsed to go back but you were out of order when you banned me albeit for a short while and I am not convinced you were joking when you threatened pastafarian today, the banning of the poster that quite passively offered a negative view of Bowies work was also a little strange, it's almost as if someones reminded you not to get trigger happy again.

You're miles wide of the mark. I'm comfortably the least 'trigger-happy' of all the moderating team. I almost never ban people from the site, and very rarely ban from threads. Should probably use that useful tool more often, in truth.

As I've pointed out, the Bowie thing is a perfect example, of somebody adding nothing to a thread, and threatening to derail it, to the annoyance of a load of other posters. His opening post in the (tribute to a dead star) thread, was that he didn't think much of him 'as a singer or as a person', then when told by many people that this wasn't the time or place continued to post about how he didn't like him, how he didn't like his music, then that he 'only knew one of his songs'. He was trolling, and it was going nowhere, so after warnings, he was blocked from the one thread (and free to post on all others, about things he presumably DID like). It's a non-story. You're flogging a dead horse.

Read the thread if you really care, and are not just trying to score points. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?332217-David-Bowie/page5&highlight=Bowie

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do you really think that there will be anything to potentially have a referendum on before March 29th?

Probably not. There may or may not be another referendum but if there is it certainly won't be before we 'leave'.

Jan 30, 2008
You're miles wide of the mark. I'm comfortably the least 'trigger-happy' of all the moderating team. I almost never ban people from the site, and very rarely ban from threads. Should probably use that useful tool more often, in truth.

As I've pointed out, the Bowie thing is a perfect example, of somebody adding nothing to a thread, and threatening to derail it, to the annoyance of a load of other posters. His opening post in the (tribute to a dead star) thread, was that he didn't think much of him 'as a singer or as a person', then when told by many people that this wasn't the time or place continued to post about how he didn't like him, how he didn't like his music, then that he 'only knew one of his songs'. He was trolling, and it was going nowhere, so after warnings, he was blocked from the one thread (and free to post on all others, about things he presumably DID like). It's a non-story. You're flogging a dead horse.

Read the thread if you really care, and are not just trying to score points. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?332217-David-Bowie/page5&highlight=Bowie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWNn0QN03l0
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I have read it and this is my favourite bit .....

Megazone

Is he not entitled to an opinion different to yours?

Let's hope you're this affectionate/sensitive when Justin Bieber dies.

HKFC

Yes he is. My opinion has nothing to do with it. As it goes, I was never a huge fan. Its about respect.

And frankly, just not being a prick.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Probably not. There may or may not be another referendum but if there is it certainly won't be before we 'leave'.

Article 50 could be extended, Barnier has stated we could change our mind on single market and customs union membership during the transition (if we actually do have one and don't default to no deal) the transition and the legal nuances of Article 127 needing to be invoked to exit it, or not, rearing it's head again - I wouldn't use the word 'certainly' on Brexit anymore - certainty and predictions seem a little pointless amongst all this chaos.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have read it and this is my favourite bit .....

Megazone

Is he not entitled to an opinion different to yours?

Let's hope you're this affectionate/sensitive when Justin Bieber dies.

HKFC

Yes he is. My opinion has nothing to do with it. As it goes, I was never a huge fan. Its about respect.

And frankly, just not being a prick.

:shrug: Your point?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:shrug: Your point?
There isn't one. He's trying to score points against you and failing miserably. There is nothing wrong with what you did on that Bowie thread.

To be honest, I've lost count with the number of times Big Gully has tried and failed feebly with this sort of point scoring, where he ends up quoting something entirely inconsequential as if it proves something it clearly doesn't.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I don't think we will be leaving on March 29th, I know that's what the timetable says the time of departure is, but I don't see us being ready, and as that would screw both sides, an extension will be agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here