Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nope,i am right, i am on the side of democracy, you lot are the lowest of the low type of citizen......you included

You seem to be having a melt down, maybe it’s time to step away?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You seem to be having a melt down, maybe it’s time to step away?

too much fun proving you wallies wrong this morning.......astonishing none of you knew we have to be outside the EU and a third country before a trade deal is signed.........how stupid are you all?..........dont answer that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You are a dick so it wouldnt surprise me you are toying with this

Oh well. Genuinely, if you didn't feel that my opinions on this thread made me 'a dick' then I'd be worried. Much as I'd happily see the back of your repeated attempts to mislead people, I was joking - I never have or would ban somebody over a difference of opinion - that simply isn't how moderating the site works. Abuse and the swear filter are another thing, though. FWIW, I think I've issued about three bans in 10 years, and the last one was in June 17, for a racist post.

Did you ban cunning fergus as well?........that smelt of being a dick as well........oh wait, no one had the balls to admit to that........smells like more dick

I've never banned that poster, no. From a thread or in general.

And I've never, ever issued so much as a minor infraction without publishing the reason and/or pm'ing the poster in question to explain. You'll have to 'smell dick' elsewhere, I'm afraid.

But you digress and ignore the obvious question..........you must be stupid

How do you vote to remain in the EU when you have already left?....no .really..........i would love to know how that works in your stupid world

I think I'm okay, thanks. You're deliberately misunderstanding what people are suggesting, because you prefer to pretend it isn't possible. That's cool, if it keeps you comforted.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I was joking - I never have or would ban somebody over a difference of opinion - that simply isn't how moderating the site works.

It didn't come across as a joke and by the way you banned me from a thread about some vague reference to something or other but not before delivering a personal jibe, you quickly reinstated me after you admitted my post wasn't inflammatory in the first place, how about when you banned someone for saying he wasn't really fond of David Bowies music on a thread when he died, it seems you have forgotten a few things ........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How do you vote to remain in the EU when you have already left

Genuinely, this will have to be the final time that I explain the very same thing (that you already know, anyway):

The government team and the EU team are working on a 'deal'. They will have to eventually come up with some form of agreement, which as you rightly, and repeatedly, point out, can only be SIGNED after we have left the EU. That doesn't mean that the working out, or the agreement is not reached before we leave, not does it mean that the details of the basis of that agreement cannot be shared with, and considered by the public BEFORE we leave.

It really is not a difficult concept to misunderstand. Unless you choose to.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It didn't come across as a joke and by the way you banned me from a thread about some vague reference to something or other but not before delivering a personal jibe, you quickly reinstated me after you admitted my post wasn't inflammatory in the first place, how about when you banned someone for saying he wasn't really fond of David Bowies music on a thread when he died, it seems you have forgotten a few things ........

You would have to remind me of the details, tbh. If I blocked you from a thread, then reinstated you, then yes, that would indicate I'd made a mistake. Does happen.

The Bowie thing was a straightforward case of blocking a troll from a tribute thread, who was there simply to wind up others. Text book use of the function, tbh :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Breaking: The government has asked pharmaceutical companies to stockpile a minimum of six weeks additional medicine in the event of a no-deal Brexit. Suppliers have also been asked to arrange for short shelf-life medicines to be air-freighted to avoid border delays

'We understand that real livelihoods are at stake here' - #Brexit Secretary @DominicRaab explains how the government will protect funding to minimise the impact of 'no deal'.

"project fear"

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Can you comprehend why this post is contradictory?

One thing us Remainers seemingly have in abundance over leavers is a good grasp, a good understanding and clear comprehension of English language.

Yes I've noticed that while many of our Leaver friends are great lovers of our country (no problem with that), very few of them extend this affection to its native language.

Jan 30, 2008
There's nothing democratic about anything you've posted on here. All you do is whinge at remainers, insisting we leave regardless of changing goalposts or shithouse deals.

I'd be happy to stay of course, but I'll also accept Brexit if the deal is reasonable. I'm far more democratic than you.

YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE , DEAL WITH IT, WE'RE ON OUR WAY
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm toying with the idea of banning you from the thread for trolling tbh, as I think you are just here to wind people up. Nobody could really be this stupid.

I can't be arsed to go back but you were out of order when you banned me albeit for a short while and I am not convinced you were joking when you threatened pastafarian today, the banning of the poster that quite passively offered a negative view of Bowies work was also a little strange, it's almost as if someones reminded you not to get trigger happy again.

Jan 30, 2008
He's just fking told you, you complete simpleton.

If we end up with no deal, there is no way Brexit should be allowed to go ahead at all without some form of people's vote. It will utterly decimate jobs and bears no resemblance to what was promised in 2016.
more speculation , the vote was to leave, if the EU can't come up with some compromise on a deal we walk away , wash our hands of them and carry on, they can put a brave face on it but they have lots to lose, it's not all one way traffic ,we're on our way
regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So - we are now into the next phase. I've not looked at the details yet (in which the devil always resides) but it appears that the first tranche of no-deal Brexit papers have uncovered quite a few things which are rather scary and at the very least will mire business and citizens in a myriad of new rules - a bit of an irony when we've been fed the line that membership of the EU has drowned us in red tape.

I've sort of given up hope of getting sensible and reasoned responses from many of our Leavers but I just wondered about

1. intended consequences of Brexit. Obviously much liked by Leavers, generally not liked by Remainers. Little chance of any agreement/consensus.

2. unintended/unanticipated consequences of Brexit. Maybe there's one or two Leavers who are not comfortable with many of these? This isn't Project Fear because we had a pro Leave Brexit Secretary spelling these out - this is for real.

Some commentators have already argued that when the impact of these become fully known, it might mobilise some of the Brexiteers within the Tory party to get behind May's White Paper position...….if only if it were a runner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here