Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just seen a feature on BBC local news about our local councils and brexit. Think it was ESCC worried about supply of greenbins once we Brexit, are they serious. Why has nobody proposed buying the sodding bins from a UK manufacturer instead, or is that just too easy.

Like our new passports? Oh.

D

Deleted member 22389

Like our new passports? Oh.

Well may be Brexit might encourage more companies to look at manufacturing in the UK. That's one of the reasons I voted leave. These are questions government should be asking, why are we are not manufacturing X products in this country and make it happen.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The perplexing question is why the victorious Leavers aren’t more joyful. Why are they so miserable and chippy? One explanation could be that they doubt that Brexit is going to be a success. Despite Mrs May’s professed confidence to the contrary, they may fear that our divorce from the EU will be acrimonious and end badly. They attack the Remainers for having had no contingency plan for Brexit, but this may only be to cover their embarrassment at having no plan of their own. They don’t look at all confident of sunny times ahead.

Still, they regard such doubts in others as a lack of patriotism, a failure of belief in Britain. To want to debate how to ensure the best outcome of the coming negotiations isn’t a rejection of Brexit; it’s just in the national interest. ‘Brexit means Brexit,’ as the Prime Minister says. There will be no new second referendum, no successful legal challenges of the first one. We will eventually leave the EU. I am sorry about that, but I haven’t been moaning about it. I accept the democratic decision of the majority. But why can’t the victors accept that they have won, and that they are the elite now?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/10/they-won-so-why-are-the-brexiteers-so-miserable-and-chippy/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well may be Brexit might encourage more companies to look at manufacturing in the UK. That's one of the reasons I voted leave. These are questions government should be asking, why are we are not manufacturing X products in this country and make it happen.

Yep. The Tories are exceptionally good at supporting the British manufacturing indu....Oh wait, no, no they're not. They destroyed it. That's it. I knew there was something about manufacturing and the tories.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Hahah! How have I affected your precious brexit? Blaming everyone else. Again. Sorry Flowerpot but other than pointing out to you what a **** up you made of the UK, my influence ended as soon as my vote was counted. Now, dry your eyes. You voted for this, at least have the dignity to not whinge about what you voted for. Wah, wah, wah all the way home.

Jesus christ. :facepalm:
Priceless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You need help.

Wah! Somebody broken my Brexit.

You voted for it. Deal with it.

toddler-tantrum2-500x270.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Some of the more prominent brexiteers on this thread, really do make it very hard indeed, NOT to fall into the trap of condescendingly assuming that Leave voters are all thick as shit.

Kind of feel a little sorry for the coherent ones, to be tarred with the same brush.

Are you saying those remoaners who have called leavers, as a whole, thick as shit have simply fallen into a trap because they are easily led condescending w@nkers ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes because of clowns like you that refuse to accept a democratic process. Now if everyone accepted the referendum result and all got behind it we wouldn't be in this situation. Oh no though they would rather spit their dummies out,refuse to accept it . The idiots in the houses of parliament and I'm including all sides. The remainers going against what the MAJORITY voted for. Don't get my started on the hugely remain civil service doing all they can to Leak their opinions to the media.

Why should we get behind something we fundamentally don't believe in and so far is a farcical mess.
I am arguing for, amongst many other things, the owner of a Scottish bath tub manufacturer on the news the other night.
Assembled in Scotland but nearly all the components imported from Europe because it's better quality and cheaper.
Most of his sales are in the UK, after Brexit his costs will increase by 30 per cent, which will have to be passed on to the price of the bath putting his business in peril or many redundancies.
Asked if there is anything good for him regarding Brexit he said no.
His business will go down the plug hole.
I have seen hundreds more examples of this, including my wife's place of work.
Still, keep waving your flag, keep believing Farage, as long as Johnny Foreigner goes away you will be happy.
Try thinking things through next time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Leavers getting desperate now. The only entertaining thing about this shambles is coming on here and winding them up. We're going to be part of the EU in all but name. Forever. And they voted for it! Priceless.

Ah bless.
NSC`s resident Walter Mitty liar still sticking with his brexit wont happen stance.
Your level of stupid is astounding…….have another hat :dunce:
Tick tock

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why should we get behind something we fundamentally don't believe in and so far is a farcical mess.
I am arguing for, amongst many other things, the owner of a Scottish bath tub manufacturer on the news the other night.
Assembled in Scotland but nearly all the components imported from Europe because it's better quality and cheaper.
Most of his sales are in the UK, after Brexit his costs will increase by 30 per cent, which will have to be passed on to the price of the bath putting his business in peril or many redundancies.
Asked if there is anything good for him regarding Brexit he said no.
His business will go down the plug hole.
I have seen hundreds more examples of this, including my wife's place of work.
Still, keep waving your flag, keep believing Farage, as long as Johnny Foreigner goes away you will be happy.
Try thinking things through next time.

Because the "triumph" brexiteers enjoyed two years ago also gave the leave voters the right to tell you what to believe in. Says a lot about them, eh?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The perplexing question is why the victorious Leavers aren’t more joyful. Why are they so miserable and chippy? One explanation could be that they doubt that Brexit is going to be a success. Despite Mrs May’s professed confidence to the contrary, they may fear that our divorce from the EU will be acrimonious and end badly. They attack the Remainers for having had no contingency plan for Brexit, but this may only be to cover their embarrassment at having no plan of their own. They don’t look at all confident of sunny times ahead.

Still, they regard such doubts in others as a lack of patriotism, a failure of belief in Britain. To want to debate how to ensure the best outcome of the coming negotiations isn’t a rejection of Brexit; it’s just in the national interest. ‘Brexit means Brexit,’ as the Prime Minister says. There will be no new second referendum, no successful legal challenges of the first one. We will eventually leave the EU. I am sorry about that, but I haven’t been moaning about it. I accept the democratic decision of the majority. But why can’t the victors accept that they have won, and that they are the elite now?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/10/they-won-so-why-are-the-brexiteers-so-miserable-and-chippy/

Not Me cocker, I’m over the moon, could not be happier, for the first time in My lifetime My vote counted and finally, finally We get to take back control of our own destiny.
We’re on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not Me cocker, I’m over the moon, could not be happier, for the first time in My lifetime My vote counted and finally, finally We get to take back control of our own destiny.
We’re on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think Brexit is going well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here