Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not actually true but we all know how good you remainers are with figures.

EDIT - I forgot to stick to the remainers rules of always providing the data because I'm a leaver ( not necessary for a remainer to do though ! ). SMMT : Year to Dec 17, VW's 208k units, Ford 287k units.

Well last month they were neck and neck, the trend is Ford is still losing share and VW is gaining. I'm a bad car buyer, 2001 Golf with 250k and still going strong

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There was no certainty on that, Dan Hannan for one suggested, quite forcefully at times, that "no one is talking about giving up our place in the single market".
There was also an assumption by many that we would not leave the single market, as it is a batshit crazy idea.

'NOBODY TOLD US'

Yes they did... you said it yourself Chuka.

#simples

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
'NOBODY TOLD US'

Yes they did... you said it yourself Chuka.

#simples

What swung it for you that Albania's arrangement with the EU is better than The UK's, was it Chuka Umunna saying it or Michael Gove?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I wish you luck with this one Theresa but the rules are the rules, but i expect lots of Brexiteer bed wetting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42896996

You triggered article 50 in a panic, getting a extension to 3 years and not calling a general election would have been smarter

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wish you luck with this one Theresa but the rules are the rules, but i expect lots of Brexiteer bed wetting

You triggered article 50 in a panic, getting a extension to 3 years and not calling a general election would have been smarter

I wish The Home Office and others the best of luck having Settled Status all up and running to differentiate between new arrivals and those already here by March of next year too. :flypig:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's your default position where you flip flop from one position to another

:lolol:

You really are a muppet.

You really do not have a clue about the language and words you use do you? Look up what default means, then look up what flip-flop means. Then you’ll realise this sentence makes no sense.

Jan 30, 2008

You really are a muppet.

You really do not have a clue about the language and words you use do you? Look up what default means, then look up what flip-flop means. Then you’ll realise this sentence makes no sense.

None of this thread makes any sense ,we're leaving the EU ,what is it about the word leave that you don't understand ?????
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It always amazes me how you always put down British manufacturing.

Just being realistic. Surely most people would prefer a lovely BMW or an amazing Merc over a Toyota or whatever cars are assembled, not manufactured, in the UK today?

Besides, it fits my agenda.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

have to admire how the EU know how to wind up the brexiteers by raising an issue that didnt need to be raised, so causing consternation. this was/is covered in the joint report already. its almost as if they want the negotiation process to fail.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There is a chance that tariffs would make British built cars far more expensive than those built elsewhere in the EU though, pricing them out.

Tarriffs work both ways though,balancing out the heavy discounting would be easy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just being realistic. Surely most people would prefer a lovely BMW or an amazing Merc over a Toyota or whatever cars are assembled, not manufactured, in the UK today?

is that applying to a South African made Merc or BMW? i dont know why making a point over assembly vs manufactured, its the same for all modern cars, they are assembled from components made elsewhere. often UK even for German marques. isnt that the whole point about the impact to car manufacturing, the components pass back and forth between countries as they are built?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So you voted to be like Albania then?

Well the EU think they are lovely and should be in the next batch of gullible idiots,sorry EU aspirants.

Just seen the post about the Albanian boat people.Amazing that these people are so desperate to get here with so much of the EU Paradise available to them.Don't they read NSC?

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

You really are a muppet.

Blimey, is that it ........................

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
have to admire how the EU know how to wind up the brexiteers by raising an issue that didnt need to be raised, so causing consternation. this was/is covered in the joint report already. its almost as if they want the negotiation process to fail.

But according to you we're staying in The EEA and everything that entails, so what's Theresa May's problem with Freedom of Movement?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blimey, is that it ........................

I could not be arsed to decipher the rest of your mangled English. Come back when you have had someone check it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well the EU think they are lovely and should be in the next batch of gullible idiots,sorry EU aspirants.

Just seen the post about the Albanian boat people.Amazing that these people are so desperate to get here with so much of the EU Paradise available to them.Don't they read NSC?

If Michael Gove wants us to be like Albania, it must be a very special place.

I think they do read NSC and were coming here especially to give Ppf a big kiss. :kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here