Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Discussion about facts that you dismiss as just #fakenews or #experts or whatever else you do to spin them away? Please.

As for for creaming yourself in an echo chamber - I think you're quite adroit at that with yours and your chums Guido Fawkes blog site fetish. :thumbsup:

Q.E.D.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Almost feel sorry for the Little Eurolanders stuck behind their protectionist wall. Obsessed with their doomed political project.

EU_share_of_world_GDP_K2T2Vlp.png

EU_growth_vs_ROW_v2.png

Fortunately the patriotic, democracy-loving Brexiteers have a broader outward-looking vision. Maintaining good trade links with our European friends and their declining club while having the freedom to forge our own deals with the fastest growing economies around the world. Global Britain :thumbsup:

Little Eurolanders, love you guys!!

And the German sell how much more to China than we do?

The Brexiteers can chest beat all they like about trade deals, at the end of the day you have to produce something they want to buy. Mrs Leadsoms packets of Hobnobs and Earl Grey tea bags will help, but it won't pay for the NHS

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
i forgot we cant have grown up discussion, just lots of criticism.

What am I criticising? You're the one criticising Barnier for stating an apparent obvious position of the requirements of a transitional deal leading to retention of EEA membership after Brexit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That's right - dismiss as experts if any data or forecast shows as being negative about the Brexit ideological project vs grasp the straw with both hands if aforementioned experts are showing anything as perceived positive.

You mean dismiss long/short term forecasts that are based on no precedent made by people who regularly get them wrong compared with using data that shows a long-term trend.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What a bunch of straw clutching deluded Grizzlers, still waiting on lord haw haw to explain what he finds difficult in the word leave ,the word that the referendum vote was for
regards
DR

If only it was as simple as you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You mean dismiss long/short term forecasts that are based on no precedent made by people who regularly get them wrong compared with using data that shows a long-term trend.

Yes - your selective straw clutching and posting of certain things to point score and promulgate your ideology whilst dismissing others etc - You've got the gist.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Little Eurolanders, love you guys!!

And the German sell how much more to China than we do?

The Brexiteers can chest beat all they like about trade deals, at the end of the day you have to produce something they want to buy. Mrs Leadsoms packets of Hobnobs and Earl Grey tea bags will help, but it won't pay for the NHS

%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B7%D0%B8%D1%82.jpg

:D

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Almost feel sorry for the Little Eurolanders stuck behind their protectionist wall. Obsessed with their doomed political project.

EU_share_of_world_GDP_K2T2Vlp.png

EU_growth_vs_ROW_v2.png

Fortunately the patriotic, democracy-loving Brexiteers have a broader outward-looking vision. Maintaining good trade links with our European friends and their declining club while having the freedom to forge our own deals with the fastest growing economies around the world. Global Britain :thumbsup:

Large trees grow more slowly than saplings.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Seems the reverse at the moment. A Europe that is more unified than most expected and a strong economy that is actually keeping us afloat during difficult times.

A point in time but the overall long-term trend is diminishing economic significance.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Implying I am a racist xenophobe isn't particularly honest.

If you take that meaning from it, take it, but I think you give the impression that perhaps you are, by posting twice in response without being able to say, yes, it is a shame when racists and xenophobes wrap themselves in the Union Flag.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Is it? What are the figures for that then?

Jeeeeez that is just a matter of fact, how comes you are unaware of the most basic of fundamentals, it is a diminishing market for the UK and the rest of the world, but non the less important.

About 43% of UK exports in goods and services went to other countries in the EU in 2016—£240 billion out of £550 billion total exports.

That share has generally been declining, since exports to other countries have increased at a faster rate.

The EU’s share of the world economy has been declining too. In particular, the developing world has been growing faster than the developed world and is expected to continue doing so.

54% of our imports into the UK came from other countries in the EU in 2016. That proportion has fallen since reaching a peak of 58% in 2002, although it’s been rising slowly again since 2011.

Also the commission itself acknowledged.

The Commission told us (fullfact) that: “90% of global economic growth by 2015 is expected to be generated outside Europe”, from a working document. This was based on IMF forecasts in 2012 for GDP growth worldwide up to 2015.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I love that flag, always seems a shame when racists and xenophobes wrap themselves in it, don't you think?

Hmmmm,don't see any non-whites celebrating with this lot.???

xenophobes.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Is that your answer to my question about what British car I should buy? Appreciate your effort, but I was looking for five doors. The one you suggest doesn't have any.

No,I had already answered that one.Perhaps you could change one of your other cars for it.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here