Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
As I thought. No answers, just shouting.
no one's shouting ? , its staring you straight in the face!!, the UK leaving the EU, why is it that you find it so difficult in understanding that, and your obsession with trying to convince yourself that its not happening # the 20% of you,.......... we will thrive and life will go on
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
no one's shouting ? , its staring you straight in the face!!, the UK leaving the EU, why is it that you find it so difficult in understanding that, and your obsession with trying to convince yourself that its not happening # the 20% of you,.......... we will thrive and life will go on
regards
DR

Definitely not shouting.Shouting on the net has to be in CAPITAL LETTERS.Happy New Year,and keep trying to talk sense to the idiots!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A lovely fresh New Year but the same old ammonia stench emanating from the usual suspects still honking out this thread then .. only 448 days to go!

UK productivity jumps at fastest pace since 2011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/01/05/uk-productivity-jumps-fastest-pace-since-2011/

London's tech scene pulls in record £2.5bn in 2017 venture capital bonanza

The UK’s tech firms, dominated by London, gained more venture capital investment in total than Germany, France, Spain and Ireland combined.

http://www.cityam.com/278258/londons-tech-scene-pulls-record-gbp25bn-2017-venture

Plus one more impeccable SAUCE ...

brettech.png

.... yet more project fear lies.

https://order-order.com/2018/01/05/despitebrexit-double-whammy/

#despitebrexit

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
regards
DR

You silly little sausage. Replying to one of your posts the other day I said it was vastly more likely that your dream of Brexit would happen than not. You ignored the question I asked you. Earlier this week, you implied that being an island would help the UK thrive. I asked you why it would. You ignored the question and went off into the daft ramble above. Just for the record, can I repeat that I think Brexit will happen. I also agree with you that life will go on. I have no difficulty in understanding these things. You on the other hand give us the impression that you can't understand the simplest of questions.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A lovely fresh New Year but the same old ammonia stench emanating from the usual suspects still honking out this thread then .. only 448 days to go!

Joyous seasonal greetings to you too. And well done for coming up with proof that not every indicator is pointing south.

I'm looking forward an hour or so of friendly and civilised Brexit debate with a Leaver on Sunday, so forgive me if I'm not on here.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah. Ppf's comedy foil has returned from his 15th holiday in the past 12 months. Welcome back and a happy new year to you.

And a happy New Year to you and yours.As I am on a permanent holiday,it's best to only mention trips abroad of over 1 week duration.Count is only 5 in the last 12 months,but will try to improve this for my resolution!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Exactly! It is not to be used by slimy seditious remainers as a weapon to usurp brexit. Still I guess, no actually I know, you are one of those reprehensible's dying to join Lord Adonis and Blair in the super king sized bed in which they lie. Detestable and profoundly undemocratic but I know you wont worry about or even have the capability to comprehend that smear either. Bless you really are a weird card.

You are as scary as the Gruffolo
:wrong:
In the meantime the rest of us will work through how we make this great country great again, including the NHS which you mock so heartlessly.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/01/05/uk-productivity-jumps-fastest-pace-since-2011/

The UK’s tech firms, dominated by London, gained more venture capital investment in total than Germany, France, Spain and Ireland combined.

http://www.cityam.com/278258/londons-tech-scene-pulls-record-gbp25bn-2017-venture

brettech.png

#despitebrexit

The two situations are not mutually exclusive, we can be doing better in terms of attracting investment than elsewhere in Europe for tech firms, and still be not as attractive to start up in as we were.
One of the 3 biggest single investments last year was with Deliveroo, they were set up by two Americans in 2013 and they headquartered here. If they were setting up today, they might choose differently, as they operate in 8 other EU countries.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

brettech.png

#despitebrexit

You sound like Wayne Rooney before a World Cup.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The two situations are not mutually exclusive, we can be doing better in terms of attracting investment than elsewhere in Europe for tech firms, and still be not as attractive to start up in as we were.
One of the 3 biggest single investments last year was with Deliveroo, they were set up by two Americans in 2013 and they headquartered here. If they were setting up today, they might choose differently, as they operate in 8 other EU countries.

I also think it’s disingenuous to lump Deliveroo in with tech. What’s tech about thousands of poorly paid people with **** all employment rights peddling around the capital delivering luke warm food? Dressing up a delivery service race to the bottom as tech smacks of desperation to me. They’ll be adding paper rounds to bump up the stats next.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I see Macron has made it clear Turkey is not joining the Eu anytime soon. Odd as the Brexit experts on here said it was a dead cert. Along with their view that France and the Netherlands would exit post the U.K. Hmm. Both rank alongside the £350m as complete bulls**t. Scaremongers. ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Joyous seasonal greetings to you too. And well done for coming up with proof that not every indicator is pointing south.

I'm looking forward an hour or so of friendly and civilised Brexit debate with a Leaver on Sunday, so forgive me if I'm not on here.

As you know most indicators are continuing to point in the right direction (Continuous robust growth with record employment ) which is far, far, far removed from what we were told would happen by the project fear merchants of doom. I often wonder how big the Leave majority would have been if many of the luke warm Remainers hadn't been suckered in/scared off by all those lies.

Each to their own. Most remainers I know have accepted the result and moved on with their lives or are thoroughly bored by the whole debate.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As you know most indicators are continuing to point in the right direction (Continuous robust growth with record employment ) which is far, far, far removed from what we were told would happen by the project fear merchants of doom. I often wonder how big the Leave majority would have been if many of the luke warm Remainers hadn't been suckered in/scared off by all those lies.

Each to their own. Most remainers I know have accepted the result and moved on with their lives or are thoroughly bored by the whole debate.

I suspect most remainers you know decide it is not a subject they want to discuss with you.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I see Macron has made it clear Turkey is not joining the Eu anytime soon. Odd as the Brexit experts on here said it was a dead cert. Along with their view that France and the Netherlands would exit post the U.K. Hmm. Both rank alongside the £350m as complete bulls**t. Scaremongers. ???

nigelfarage1606.jpg

Shame all round.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I suspect most remainers you know decide it is not a subject they want to discuss with you.

:lolol: You suspect wrong then. As I said they have accepted the result/have moved on (are normal people). In my experience Remoaner loonerati types (with far too much spare time on their hands) seem to only frequent social media :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here