Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have you tried to work or study in Europe?

Nope but I did in Australia and guess what ? It was possible, yet Australia aren't part of the EU, OMG, it REALLY is possible to travel and work in other countries !!!! And it will continue to be after we've left the EU ..... even in EU countries.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Its your kids and grand kids that will pay with restricted opportunities. But I guess you didn't consider them, as you are older, wiser and know whats best for them

As per usual your guess is wrong.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Its your kids and grand kids that will pay with restricted opportunities. But I guess you didn't consider them, as you are older, wiser and know whats best for them

To be fair, as a remainer, most older people do know what is best for younger people, so don't be a condescending **** if you can help it huh? In this case the elderly voted for their past, bit unfair on this occasion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nope but I did in Australia and guess what ? It was possible, yet Australia aren't part of the EU, OMG, it REALLY is possible to travel and work in other countries !!!! And it will continue to be after we've left the EU ..... even in EU countries.

Yes, restricted to a working holiday visa, with working restrictions, no access to Medicare. Very different to a rights of an EU Citizen

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes, restricted to a working holiday visa, with working restrictions, no access to Medicare. Very different to a rights of an EU Citizen

I had access to Medicare and the question wasn't about the difference between being a visitor and a citizen - it was about being able to work/study somewhere. Which people will still be able to do after we've left the EU.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Very different, and controls are getting tighter. The Brexit vote was a MASSIVE mistake. But hey, isolationism is the new multiculturalism in the eyes of some?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://order-order.com/2018/01/04/blair-lies-about-nhs-brexodus/

Veteran fibber Tony Blair used his ill-fated Today programme segment this morning to spread more porkies about Brexit and the NHS. Blair claimed there are “significant staff shortages in the NHS” since the referendum, implying a Brexodus of doctors and nurses who are EU nationals. This is untrue…

NHS Digital stats show there were 3,000 more EU nationals working in the NHS in June 2017 than there were before the referendum result, an increase of 5.4%. That includes 470 more doctors. The overall share of the NHS workforce who are EU nationals also increased over that time, from 5% to 5.2%.

So total rubbish is being spread by Blair and arch-Remainers trying to scare NHS staff and patients in their crusade to smear Brexit. Good job we’ve got the staff, it’s the Remainiacs who need treatment…

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Veteran fibber Tony Blair used his ill-fated Today programme segment this morning to spread more porkies about Brexit and the NHS. Blair claimed there are “significant staff shortages in the NHS” since the referendum, implying a Brexodus of doctors and nurses who are EU nationals. This is untrue…

NHS Digital stats show there were 3,000 more EU nationals working in the NHS in June 2017 than there were before the referendum result, an increase of 5.4%. That includes 470 more doctors. The overall share of the NHS workforce who are EU nationals also increased over that time, from 5% to 5.2%.

So total rubbish is being spread by Blair and arch-Remainers trying to scare NHS staff and patients in their crusade to smear Brexit. Good job we’ve got the staff, it’s the Remainiacs who need treatment…

I'd be more likely to listen to what comes out of the likes of Nursing and Midwifery Council than the bile from some right wing Breibart wannabe website

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rather odd that the fervent Brexiteers on here insist that we should have strict controls on who enters the country (we do, we just choose not to enforce them, yes, the UK government contrary to EU recommendations chooses of it's own valition, not to enforce tighter controls ) yet absolutely insist Brits are going to be able to roam wherever they wish post-brexit, slapping immigration officials out of the way with our shiny new blue passports. Rather at odds with their own ideals. True imperialistic colours shining through?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Thanks for your in depth and impartial research.

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7783 might have been a better source to quote than the garbage you managed to dig up. 5.6% of the workforce in England are from the rest of the EU. For Doctors it is 9.8% and nurses 7.3%. There is a noticeable increase in the percentage of leavers from the EU and a slight drop in recruitment from the EU. With EU nationals overrepresented in London, there is likely to be an impact.

I don't really understand what you are trying to prove by posting this, frankly you just come across as a half wit, trying to score political points. If there is indeed a trend here, it should be pointing to a reduction in immigration. Isn't that what you wanted to see? Next step should be for the government to announce a major increase in funding for medical training, to produce more British doctors and nurses, instead we have a five year commitment to farming subsidies, along with a grandiose statement of what the future fantastic farming subsidy model will be. If it is that fantastic Gove, why don't you go ahead and implement it now?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Are you TOBY Young in DISGUISE ???

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Thanks for your in depth and impartial research.

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7783 might have been a better source to quote than the garbage you managed to dig up. 5.6% of the workforce in England are from the rest of the EU. For Doctors it is 9.8% and nurses 7.3%. There is a noticeable increase in the percentage of leavers from the EU and a slight drop in recruitment from the EU. With EU nationals overrepresented in London, there is likely to be an impact.

I don't really understand what you are trying to prove by posting this, frankly you just come across as a half wit, trying to score political points. If there is indeed a trend here, it should be pointing to a reduction in immigration. Isn't that what you wanted to see? Next step should be for the government to announce a major increase in funding for medical training, to produce more British doctors and nurses, instead we have a five year commitment to farming subsidies, along with a grandiose statement of what the future fantastic farming subsidy model will be. If it is that fantastic Gove, why don't you go ahead and implement it now?

To talk about the NHS staffing numbers only is misleading, we lead the world in artificial intelligence and this will have a major impact on the numbers employed and the costs to the NHS in the coming years. Its about quality not quantity, we saw Blair splash the cash and it solved nothing, remainers constantly point to the labour intensive practices of certain NHS departments, whilst no longer using ovens at home, whilst cooking with microwaves. The world is moving fast, we should not be seeking to extract labour from other countries to sort our own inadequacies, 200 years ago it was called slavery, where do the left/greens et al stand on this.

The fact is our world is moving quicker than we are and more quickly than the torpid EU can ever consider, when you see the EU leaders line for photographs, does it not remind you of the old Victorian monarchs doing exactly the same, it hasn't changed.

Please don't use the NHS as a political football, its the last thing it needs now, its making people angry and upset.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
To talk about the NHS staffing numbers only is misleading, we lead the world in artificial intelligence and this will have a major impact on the numbers employed and the costs to the NHS in the coming years. Its about quality not quantity, we saw Blair splash the cash and it solved nothing, remainers constantly point to the labour intensive practices of certain NHS departments, whilst no longer using ovens at home, whilst cooking with microwaves. The world is moving fast, we should not be seeking to extract labour from other countries to sort our own inadequacies, 200 years ago it was called slavery, where do the left/greens et al stand on this.

The fact is our world is moving quicker than we are and more quickly than the torpid EU can ever consider, when you see the EU leaders line for photographs, does it not remind you of the old Victorian monarchs doing exactly the same, it hasn't changed.

Please don't use the NHS as a political football, its the last thing it needs now, its making people angry and upset.

You will have to excuse me, I am a little easily irritated today. I am getting over an appendectomy and I am frustrated that I am still not quite there yet. I was not am not trying to score political points on the NHS, just responding to a lazy half arsed point scoring post by @Titanic. By the way my care and treatment in Worthing Hospital was first rate.

We lead the world in aspects of atificial intelligence and many of our best people are being snapped up by multi-national organisations. The impact on healthcare will be far reaching and profound in terms of lifespan and quality of life, I am not convinced it will lead to a drop in demand for healthcare professionals in the next decade, as we will see a shift towards earlier intervention, along with more elderly people requiring intervention. I still cook with an oven and I am not sure of the relevance here.

It is very convenient to bring in trained immigrants in healthcare, morally a wealthy country like our own, should be able to pay for the traiing of our own medical staff. I am not sure what this has to do with slavery, or leftover greens.

I don't think I have ever seen a photo line up of politicians of any persuasion that has ever inspired me. Change isn't necessarily good, if you are talking about Trump, or the current clique of smart arse former journalists who think they know how to run this country.

Maybe you can give me a list of subjects I can discuss that don't anger or upset people? Certainly any future free trade deal this country can enter into with the US, would bring into serious question the future of the NHS and I am fundamentally opposed to any move torwards a US style healthcare system.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
but we are an island and we can still thrive , we just don't need a load of unelected numpties calling the shots anymore , bye bye EU control freaks !!
regards
DR

I know you prefer to ignore questions, but may I ask what relevance being an island might have to our ability to thrive?

(BTW, the United Kingdom isn't an island.)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe you can give me a list of subjects I can discuss that don't anger or upset people? Certainly any future free trade deal this country can enter into with the US, would bring into serious question the future of the NHS and I am fundamentally opposed to any move torwards a US style healthcare system.

there is no rational reason why a trade deal with US would change our NHS. you're worried about the possibility that a US owned healthcare company might provide services. they have very good healthcare for those that pay, why worry if they provide services here? changing who pays the bill would be an entirely seperate policy matter, and its worth bearing in mind our European friends have more private insurance and commercial heathcare provision than we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here