Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see Macron has made it clear Turkey is not joining the Eu anytime soon. Odd as the Brexit experts on here said it was a dead cert. Along with their view that France and the Netherlands would exit post the U.K. Hmm. Both rank alongside the £350m as complete bulls**t. Scaremongers. ???

Very odd as the EU is still giving Turkey €4.5 Billion in accession aid (up to 2020) to help them achieve the required entry standard. (Which doesn't include the Billions the EU threw at them to put a temporary fix on the migration crisis) Money well spent ???

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Very odd as the EU is still giving Turkey €4.5 Billion in accession aid (up to 2020) to help them achieve the required entry standard. (Which doesn't include the Billions the EU threw at them to put a temporary fix on the migration crisis) Money well spent ???

Turkey and the EU started a talking membership in 1963. I suspect they will still be talking over the next 60 years. And yes it probably is money well spent to see economic and political progress in one of our most important social and economic neighbours. We need them to be pro west and its an important market and supplier base for us. By the way €4.5bn works out at about €2 per EU citizen per year until 2020.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
nigelfarage1606.jpg

Shame all round.

Disgusting

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I see the remoaners have kept schtum about the tech investment into London despite Brexit which matched the next 10 euro cities added together in 2017. They must hate positive news like this. Also productivity the best in 6yrs. I thought we were meant to be on the worst recession ever now which you all predicted yes all of you straight away. Oh well we carry on getting by like we always have which must really bug you all

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Global politics. After Erdogan called Merkel a Nazi the EU agreed in October to cut this figure.
out of interest the US gave $38 billion in military aid to Israel in 2016. Obama was President.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see the remoaners have kept schtum about the tech investment into London despite Brexit which matched the next 10 euro cities added together in 2017. They must hate positive news like this. Also productivity the best in 6yrs. I thought we were meant to be on the worst recession ever now which you all predicted yes all of you straight away. Oh well we carry on getting by like we always have which must really bug you all

Who invested?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

You'll note that those successful tech firms are at the forefront of campaigns for a BREXIT that doesn't put this in danger- especially on the free movement issue.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Not sure everyone predicted the worst recession ever. I certainly didn’t. There will be negative indicators and positive indicators, there always have been. But overall we have been negatively impacted in the early stages of Brexit. Our currency has been devalued and people are in general 10% to 15% poorer now than they were. This is resulting in high inflation which is outstripping pay growth so again hitting people. We were at the top of economic growth of large economies, now we are bottom. It will take time to transition, maybe a decade, maybe two, perhaps as long as it took Thatcher governments to reorientate the economy. It will hurt many, but many others will not be imacpted at all and some will thrive just like in that period. All so unnecessary and let’s see were our democratic process takes this, it may all fizzl out to be much ado about nothing

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tech companies I would wager who have faith in London unlike you lot

That's not an answer . Which companies? Who has interests in those companies? Where are they based? Who are the shareholders? How much and in what form? Why have they invested? In what? To what degree are the investors politically motivated, if at all?

These are genuine questions. Which I bet you don't know the answers to. Yet another fervent Brexiteer without the first damned clue what you are talking about. It's people
Like you that have sunk the UK. Hang your head or at least keep your pie hole shut until you get a clue. Dizzyingly moronic.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Turkey and the EU started a talking membership in 1963. I suspect they will still be talking over the next 60 years. And yes it probably is money well spent to see economic and political progress in one of our most important social and economic neighbours. We need them to be pro west and its an important market and supplier base for us. By the way €4.5bn works out at about €2 per EU citizen per year until 2020.

Applied for associate membership of the EEC, agreement reached in 64. Serious talks on becoming full EU members didn't begin until the mid 2000's . From what Erdogan is saying I don't think they are prepared to be strung along indefinetly. I haven't noticed much political progress over recent years just a move away from secularism and increasing authoritarian tendencies plus increased economic dependance/friendlier relations with Russia. I doubt even €1 per EU citizen per year would be considered good value by most EU citizens.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Applied for associate membership of the EEC, agreement reached in 64. Serious talks on becoming full EU members didn't begin until the mid 2000's . From what Erdogan is saying I don't think they are prepared to be strung along indefinetly. I haven't noticed much political progress over recent years just a move away from secularism and increasing authoritarian tendencies plus increased economic dependance/friendlier relations with Russia. I doubt even €1 per EU citizen per year would be considered good value by most EU citizens.

Inclusivity (dependant on certain conditions) is the way forward. Community, shared knowledge, wealth parity, shared experience are the way the world needs to be heading. The EU is leading the world in this goal. We have turned our backs on it and will suffer for doing so. Who knows where Turkey will be in 30 years? Regimes change, attitudes change.
You turn your back on the world community at your peril.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Global politics. After Erdogan called Merkel a Nazi the EU agreed in October to cut this figure.
out of interest the US gave $38 billion in military aid to Israel in 2016. Obama was President.

It's specific assession candidate funding which is only allocated to countries that are being prepared for EU membership. Token gesture of several million from a budget of Billions.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Inclusivity (dependant on certain conditions) is the way forward. Community, shared knowledge, wealth parity, shared experience are the way the world needs to be heading. The EU is leading the world in this goal. We have turned our backs on it and will suffer for doing so. Who knows where Turkey will be in 30 years? Regimes change, attitudes change.
You turn your back on the world community at your peril.

There is a lack of understanding from some on here that you can grow the economic pie by bringing up the living standards of those further behind as well as grow yours faster. A true win win. Too many I’ll informed believe we are better off if we can surpress other peoples or at a minimum turn or back on them. €1 Euro per year is too much nonsense. Or it’s cultural and they want no change, blissfully unaware that this is a country of immigrants and a forever changing culture.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
http://www.londonandpartners.com/me...record-year-for-london-and-uk-tech-investment
mentions a number of companies. the numbers speak for themselves.

I already know who the players are in this investment and I can tell you at least three of the big players are companies notorious for paying little or no tax in the U.K. That's US companies who are over here making billions and paying nothing back except the minimum wage of zero hour staff and fatcat shareholders. Staff they are in a race to replace with automation. Companies that rinse our economy exponentially more than any refugee or immigrant.

These investments are also (not coincidentally) dominated by funding for AI companies who are in a race to develop an instinctive model that can be rolled out through industries across the U.K. and the U.S that will make millions of job roles obsolete within a decade. Because in the U.K. And the U.S we haven't figured out (though I'm sure the government and business figured it out long ago) that if you replace people with machines you will save a fortune but will also crash the economy, bankrupt 2/3rds of the population while making a handful of companies and individuals into multi, multi trillionaires overnight. It's a bad, bad business model that most forward thinking countries recognise drains cash from the economy. It will end badly for many people.

This country will screw itself into the ground with toxic investors and tax breaks for trillionaires and your vote to leave the protection of the EU ensured they are free to perpetrate what, and make no mistake, will be the end of the UK as we know it.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Are you serious about bringing productivity into the discussion? UK productivity is rock bottom and has been for the past decade.

Here’s the last figures.

UK productivity shortfall with the G7 stable in 2016
Current price GDP per hour worked
On this basis, UK productivity in 2016 was:

above that of Japan by 12.0%
above that of Canada by 3.4%
lower than that of Italy by 9.0%
lower than that of the US by 21.8%
lower than that of France by 22.3%
lower than that of Germany by 25.6%
lower than that of the rest of the G7 by 15.1%

This is appalling. The only way is up, I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here