Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Obviously not a keen Brexiteer but his political analysis is spot on, describing Brexit as a "populist and nationalist spasm".

He's just another elitest, unhinged loon who has contempt for the electorate/democracy.

It’s remarkable Andrew Adonis kept his job for so long given he has said all this about the government’s main policy:

Compared Brexit to appeasing Hitler
Called Brexit “self-mutilation”
Said Britain should have joined the Euro as it would have averted Brexit
Called Theresa May’s top aide Nick Timothy a “Brexit extremist”
Demanded MPs “halt Brexit” and “scrap Brexit”
Claimed Brexit could mean “planes grounded, nuclear power unsafe”
Called the EU Withdrawal Bill the “National Betrayal Bill”
Reckons Brexit is being driven by a “David Davis-Keir Starmer axis”
Compared Brexit to the Titanic sinking
Wrote to Tony Hall demanding the BBC sack Andrew Neil for “pro-Brexit bias”

https://order-order.com/2017/12/29/10-bonkers-things-adonis-said-brexit/

In other news I remember a recent poll showing a supposed bigger lead for Remain getting bigged up in the press and on here predictably reigniting the' 2nd Referendum/keep asking the question until you get the answer you want' loonerati frenzy. Funnily enough not a mention of the most recent poll by YouGov which asked .. 'At this point (13-19Dec) would you prefer that Britain stays in or leaves the European Union?' .... 48% Leave - 39 % Remain.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He's just another elitest, unhinged loon who has contempt for the electorate/democracy.

It’s remarkable Andrew Adonis kept his job for so long given he has said all this about the government’s main policy:

Compared Brexit to appeasing Hitler
Called Brexit “self-mutilation”
Said Britain should have joined the Euro as it would have averted Brexit
Called Theresa May’s top aide Nick Timothy a “Brexit extremist”
Demanded MPs “halt Brexit” and “scrap Brexit”
Claimed Brexit could mean “planes grounded, nuclear power unsafe”
Called the EU Withdrawal Bill the “National Betrayal Bill”
Reckons Brexit is being driven by a “David Davis-Keir Starmer axis”
Compared Brexit to the Titanic sinking
Wrote to Tony Hall demanding the BBC sack Andrew Neil for “pro-Brexit bias”

https://order-order.com/2017/12/29/10-bonkers-things-adonis-said-brexit/

In other news I remember a recent poll showing a supposed bigger lead for Remain getting bigged up in the press and on here predictably reigniting the' 2nd Referendum/keep asking the question until you get the answer you want' loonerati frenzy. Funnily enough not a mention of the most recent poll by YouGov which asked .. 'At this point (13-19Dec) would you prefer that Britain stays in or leaves the European Union?' .... 48% Leave - 39 % Remain.

Another elitist unhinged loon like Farage and Boris, yes maybe.

The is a nice Brexit solution to bring a United U.K., simply stay in the customs union and the single market. Democratically delivers the referendum and ensure ongoing prosperity. Vote Corbyn, Vote Vince, force the divided Tory party into the mainstream. Nice :rock:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Another elitist unhinged loon like Farage and Boris, yes maybe.

The is a nice Brexit solution to bring a United U.K., simply stay in the customs union and the single market. Democratically delivers the referendum and ensure ongoing prosperity. Vote Corbyn, Vote Vince, force the divided Tory party into the mainstream. Nice :rock:

It's certainly true that there are numerous similarities/traits between Farage and his most vociferous critics (mainly the worst ones).

Back to this old chestnut. Membership of the EU internal/single market and customs union isn't honouring the democratic will of the UK electorate according to numerous leading Remain and Brexit Campaigners and Government Ministers and the Shadow Chancellor. The Solution is delivering on the mandate of x1 referendum and x1 general election. #leavetakebackcontrol

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's certainly true that there are numerous similarities/traits between Farage and his most vociferous critics (mainly the worst ones).

Back to this old chestnut. Membership of the EU internal/single market and customs union isn't honouring the democratic will of the UK electorate according to numerous leading Remain and Brexit Campaigners and Government Ministers and the Shadow Chancellor. The Solution is delivering on the mandate of x1 referendum and x1 general election. #leavetakebackcontrol

It absolutely would be leaving the EU which is what the referendum asked. I looks like the hot favourite now.

I know the hard line Brexiteers would like to have meant something different but alas the voting slip didn’t have that on. Nope, leaving the EU doesn’t mean we cannot be members of the customs union or single market. See various alternatives like Norway or Switzerland. Only the mentally challenged would say they are member of the EU.

:rock:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Membership of the EU internal/single market and customs union isn't honouring the democratic will of the UK electorate according to numerous leading Remain and Brexit Campaigners and Government Ministers and the Shadow Chancellor.
On the other hand of course, we can assume that it would be a form of Brexit acceptable to many non swivel eyed Leave voters which, when added to those who voted Remain, would provide some sort of solution for a majority of the people living in this fractured isle. I can understand why you're against it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
On the other hand of course, we can assume that it would be a form of Brexit acceptable to many non swivel eyed Leave voters which, when added to those who voted Remain, would provide some sort of solution for a majority of the people living in this fractured isle. I can understand why you're against it.

Only a lickspittle of the elites, undemocratic loon with a contempt for the majority democratic voice of the UK electorate seeking to detach the reasoning (take back control) behind why most people voted the way they did would assume that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We’ve got our borders back.....but Dads Army are protecting them :lolol:

I thought it was Jan 1st tomorrow, not April 1st.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42527750

“Volunteers could guard some UK borders, Home Office says”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Happy new year everyone!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Only a lickspittle of the elites, undemocratic loon with a contempt for the majority democratic voice of the UK electorate seeking to detach the reasoning (take back control) behind why most people voted the way they did would assume that.

Is that why you voted? Interesting. Not sure you can speak for the majority, unless my voting slip was different. Democracy is great, long may we ensure progress by ignoring the loonies

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Brilliant news. Up until now I had a nagging concern that your posts might not be parodies. Thanks for setting my mind at rest.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is that why you voted? Interesting. Not sure you can speak for the majority, unless my voting slip was different. Democracy is great, long may we ensure progress by ignoring the loonies

I probably have more idea why the majority voted the way they did (being one of them) more than those than holding the opposing view but as we know the losing side think they still know best, think they know we didn't know what we voted for or were hoodwinked .. ignoring the loonies means enacting the democrtaic will of the majority so yes fingers crossed for all our sakes.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Brilliant news. Up until now I had a nagging concern that your posts might not be parodies. Thanks for setting my mind at rest.

Well argued :facepalm: ... let's hope your slavish conformity to siding with those for contempt for democracy has a little more substance/credibility in 2018 #nochance

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
It absolutely would be leaving the EU which is what the referendum asked. I looks like the hot favourite now.

I know the hard line Brexiteers would like to have meant something different but alas the voting slip didn’t have that on. Nope, leaving the EU doesn’t mean we cannot be members of the customs union or single market. See various alternatives like Norway or Switzerland. Only the mentally challenged would say they are member of the EU.

:rock:

I agree.
The vote to leave obviously won and nothing can be done about that now, they can achieve all the things they voted for.
Free movement can stop, they can make their own global trade agreements and not have to be bound by EU joint enterprise trade agreements, they can stop adhering to the European Court of Justice (even though it regulates the single market) and have UK courts supreme instead, they can end EU budget contributions and they can stop having EU directives and regulations transposed into UK law and have our parliament make laws instead and not abide by Brussels at all.
But they can do all these things they voted for and we could still remain being members of the single market and customs union. Its rather blinkered us and the EU are not aggressively pursuing this outcome when it is obvious it would be the best outcome.
We can be Norway and Switzerland as you say and be out of the EU

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Free movement can stop ...
We can be Norway and Switzerland as you say and be out of the EU

Both Norway and Switzerland have free movement (although it's a bit of headache for Switzerland as they also had a referendum that voted for quotas for EU citizens).

We could be members of the custom union and/or single market but I would guarantee that to do so would mean accepting some form of free movement.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I probably have more idea why the majority voted the way they did (being one of them) more than those than holding the opposing view but as we know the losing side think they still know best, think they know we didn't know what we voted for or were hoodwinked .. ignoring the loonies means enacting the democrtaic will of the majority so yes fingers crossed for all our sakes.

As you know the wording on the paper was crystal clear, no matter how much you would love to re engineer. It would be massively undemotratic to pretend otherwise, and you say you regard democracy highly :lolol:
We all know it’s a soft Brexit, with us leaving the EU but keeping trading going and the lights on. Score draw

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I probably have more idea why the majority voted the way they did (being one of them) more than those than holding the opposing view....

Is there any limit to your assumption that you know more about what everyone is thinking than anyone else does? I recall many Leave voters (including perhaps you?) predicting a Remain victory before the referendum. This is not the mark of people with their fingers on the pulse. I foresaw a Leave victory, not because I am clever but because, in part, I spend a lot of time in what turned out to be one of the most heavily Leave-voting parts of the country. I and my family members were aware of how many people in that corner of England would vote because we knew how disenchanted they were with the way the country was being run. My sister organised a social gathering of two dozen village ladies of her age in the spring of last year and told me that she appeared to be the only one intending to vote Remain. The rest were planning to stick their fingers up at the elite wherever they were, be it Lincoln, London or even Brussels.

This is not to claim that plenty of people didn't vote Leave for reasons directly connected to the EU question. Of course they did. The cleverest friend I've got voted out because he was concerned about a democratic deficit. But I submit that many didn't. You know best though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here