Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A Party Political Broadcast from Uffie and the Herr Tubthumper Party..........

https://youtu.be/TA51ZUw4RpE

Have a nice evening every one.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As you know the wording on the paper was crystal clear, no matter how much you would love to re engineer. It would be massively undemotratic to pretend otherwise, and you say you regard democracy highly :lolol:
We all know it’s a soft Brexit, with us leaving the EU but keeping trading going and the lights on. Score draw

It was .. as was the government's commitment to enact the will of the majority, confirmed by numerous parliamentary votes and a General Election. Us leaving the EU with an ongoing trade relationship with the lights on was always going to happen soft/hard/x Brexit. the only people suggesting this wouldn't be the case are on your side of the argument.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is there any limit to your assumption that you know more about what everyone is thinking than anyone else does? I recall many Leave voters (including perhaps you?) predicting a Remain victory before the referendum. This is not the mark of people with their fingers on the pulse. I foresaw a Leave victory, not because I am clever but because, in part, I spend a lot of time in what turned out to be one of the most heavily Leave-voting parts of the country. I and my family members were aware of how many people in that corner of England would vote because we knew how disenchanted they were with the way the country was being run. My sister organised a social gathering of two dozen village ladies of her age in the spring of last year and told me that she appeared to be the only one intending to vote Remain. The rest were planning to stick their fingers up at the elite wherever they were, be it Lincoln, London or even Brussels.

This is not to claim that plenty of people didn't vote Leave for reasons directly connected to the EU question. Of course they did. The cleverest friend I've got voted out because he was concerned about a democratic deficit. But I submit that many didn't. You know best though.

There is no limit to the contempt and arrogance many on the losing side display in their assumptions and contempt for those with a different pov, as this thread clearly shows. As you know predicting who would win is a very different question to understanding the reasons why people voted the way they did. Lovely story btw.

Usual Strawman misrepresenation nonsense .. if only you could be as honest as your bestie The Clamp. :rolleyes:

Happy New Year!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There is no limit to the contempt and arrogance many on the losing side display in their assumptions and contempt for those with a different pov, as this thread clearly shows. As you know predicting who would win is a very different question to understanding the reasons why people voted the way they did. Lovely story btw.

Usual Strawman misrepresenation nonsense .. if only you could be as honest as your bestie The Clamp. :rolleyes:

Happy New Year!

Pretty rubbishy post to be honest - there is clearly a connection between understanding what people were thinking and forecasting how they might vote. If only you could be as astute as your special little chum the Fairy.

And warm regards for 2018.

Jan 30, 2008
That's fine. You're all for a hard Brexit and you'd rather people didn't campaign against it. I understand that. I also understand that your views are much more likely to prevail than Adonis's.

But that wasn't what was being talked about. I was simply asking another poster why he thought it was hypocritical for someone to campaign against something he thought was wrong.
and I gave you the answer ??? so after all this time you're still struggling with the word leave and the democratic result that achieved it.............. #the 20%
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Happy New Year!

Stop being a minge.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
and I gave you the answer ??? so after all this time you're still struggling with the word leave and the democratic result that achieved it.............. #the 20%
regards
DR

Please try to give a vague impression of being sentient sometimes. I'm not struggling to understand the word Leave, or the result of the referendum. Perhaps if you reread the exchange between me and another poster more slowly, with a dictionary to hand and a friend to advise you, you might get somewhere.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think there was general agreement at year end that the way to minimise this mess is that we should leave the EU but stay in the customs union and the single market.

or to rephrase, the remainers want us to remain - the EU is the customs union and single market. to reopen old, tired, well trodden ground, staying in the customs union isnt going to be politically sellable. theres no opportunities, not new markets we can open up. put aside whether you believe that to be true or not, the point is that without leaving the CU its not even possible. single market might have more flexiblity on presentation, you could politically stay in and pretend you're not by rewording how you apply major issues (example, could always restrict peoples entry if not financially independent). the conflict is how you stay in a (faux) single market and not the CU, an a la cart option European leader often cite and dismiss. then theres the jurisdiction of the ECJ, conceivably sellable if restricted to trade issues, in keeping with the original intent of the EEC. but thats just my view and i reckon along way from any consensus, including remainers who'd probably reject any signs of leaving.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
or to rephrase, the remainers want us to remain - the EU is the customs union and single market. to reopen old, tired, well trodden ground, staying in the customs union isnt going to be politically sellable. theres no opportunities, not new markets we can open up. put aside whether you believe that to be true or not, the point is that without leaving the CU its not even possible. single market might have more flexiblity on presentation, you could politically stay in and pretend you're not by rewording how you apply major issues (example, could always restrict peoples entry if not financially independent). the conflict is how you stay in a (faux) single market and not the CU, an a la cart option European leader often cite and dismiss. then theres the jurisdiction of the ECJ, conceivably sellable if restricted to trade issues, in keeping with the original intent of the EEC. but thats just my view and i reckon along way from any consensus, including remainers who'd probably reject any signs of leaving.

:lolol: a master-plan I think you'll agree. We 'brexit' but keep all the rules and regulations. Europeans don't go anywhere and others realise the door is open and pop over. Over time we sneak a few MEPs in on the Eurostar in ones and twos and before anyone knows it we're back in!

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

My other plan is we just get a big bus that tells Leavers we've Brexited. We drive it around Doncaster for a few days and, knowing the job is done and they've won sweet liberty, the nans find something else to moan about. Meanwhile we silently drop the whole thing and carry on as before.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
:lolol: a master-plan I think you'll agree. We 'brexit' but keep all the rules and regulations. Europeans don't go anywhere and others realise the door is open and pop over. Over time we sneak a few MEPs in on the Eurostar in ones and twos and before anyone knows it we're back in!

I see, you want your version of Leaving the Eu, more extreme than most. Cunning. There are a few with your view in power so it’s possible but looking more and more of a long shot as this goes on.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It isn't surprising that you moaners are talking amongst yourselves. Dreamers needing each other to bolster failed ideologies. :lolol: :yawn:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here