Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps just give NI to Ireland and be done with it
I have mentioned that on here, albeit tongue in cheek.

Ask the people of NI then, don't assume.
Purely hypothetical question, because I know it will never happen, but..........NI voted to stay in the EU. I wonder what the outcome would be if there was a referendum in NI with the options: Stay in the EU OR Stay in the UK?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Haven’t seen it R. He is a proper politician, unlike the nonsense we have at the moment so I suspect there is substance to his points. Will check it out

Really? I am not an out and out conservative but he was instrumental in stabbing Thatcher in the back and has a record of being implicit in extolling the virtues of a controlling power over the UK. You say you are unaware of his views? Do you think that makes you a good political observer?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I have mentioned that on here, albeit tongue in cheek.

Purely hypothetical question, because I know it will never happen, but..........NI voted to stay in the EU. I wonder what the outcome would be if there was a referendum in NI with the options: Stay in the EU OR Stay in the UK?

Lets give them the question then. Supposition never benefits anyone.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I have also got to ask this Hampster. Are you of the view that given enough time, 'implementation, transition' etc that you will wear down the desire to get rid of the EU and their tentancles controlling us?

Ah, another view of why people voted Brexit. To your question, I expect a soft Brexit, keeping us in the customs union and the single market, but packaged up to look perhaps a little different. We will have lost many of the unique things we negotiated over many years which is such a shame but will will be better off than a hard brexit. A Brexit none the less so ok with the referendum, democracy upheld blah blah blah

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Really? I am not an out and out conservative but he was instrumental in stabbing Thatcher in the back and has a record of being implicit in extolling the virtues of a controlling power over the UK. You say you are unaware of his views? Do you think that makes you a good political observer?

:laugh: schoolboy stuff

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Ah, another view of why people voted Brexit. To your question, I expect a soft Brexit, keeping us in the customs union and the single market, but packaged up to look perhaps a little different. We will have lost many of the unique things we negotiated over many years which is such a shame but will will be better off than a hard brexit. A Brexit none the less so ok with the referendum, democracy upheld blah blah blah

A soft Brexit, you mean staying 'in' the EU but have no voice, a vassal state then?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lets give them the question then. Supposition never benefits anyone.

It was more speculation than supposition, I think. Anyway, it'll never happen - either way it would probably lead to a return of 'The Troubles'. Only consolation might be that if the vote was to remain in the EU, presumably it would be the ROI that would be saddled with the problem of trying to resolve them, not us! Even then, it wouldn't be much - or any - consolation if it involved more innocent people being killed.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It was more speculation than supposition, I think. Anyway, it'll never happen - either way it would probably lead to a return of 'The Troubles'. Only consolation might be that if the vote was to remain in the EU, presumably it would be the ROI that would be saddled with the problem of trying to resolve them, not us! Even then, it wouldn't be much - or any - consolation if it involved more innocent people being killed.

No one wants to return to the 'troubles' or god forbid lives lost but, the determination of this realm cannot be decided by fools that decide to kill for politics. Otherwise we may as well accept this country, England, entering another civil war.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No one wants to return to the 'troubles' or god forbid lives lost but, the determination of this realm cannot be decided by fools that decide to kill for politics. Otherwise we may as well accept this country, England, entering another civil war.
As you no doubt noticed, I wasn't suggesting we should.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
to all the Grizzlers on here and the other 20% minority in the country " time to come out of the jungle" :lolol:
regards
DR

Finished your stint at the top of the tree? Can you not just go in the loft for next 11 months with all the other gaudy tat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here