Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
no, but the fact it represents the country OUT of the claws of the EU is a BIG step in the right direction # TAKING BACK CONTROL :thumbsup:
regards
DR

It’s about a million miles away from a BIG step, it is about the most trivial step possible. But cling to the positives as you see them, the rest of us will look on in disbelieve and try and get this sorted in the new year

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Blue Passport OUTRAGE: Remoaners in MELTDOWN as Government announces switch
BLUE passports are returning to Britain following the Brexit vote – sparking outrage among remainers who have gone on expletive-filled rants.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/895567/Blue-passport-UK-Brexit-British-EU-colour-old-history

TBH I'm much less concerned about their colour than the rights that are associated with them. However maybe the excitement about them from many on the leave side indicates a prioritisation of cosmetic and symbolic rather than substantive changes and offers some opportunities for compromise. Maybe we could festoon airport arrivals halls with Union Jacks and pictures of wartime leaders, maybe programme E-passport gates to be incredibly slow in reading EU member states passports. Foreigners still get in but emerge from the airport with much less of a spring in their steps.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
BLUE passports are returning to Britain following the Brexit vote – sparking outrage among remainers who have gone on expletive-filled rants.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/895567/Blue-passport-UK-Brexit-British-EU-colour-old-history

TBH I'm much less concerned about their colour than the rights that are associated with them. However maybe the excitement about them from many on the leave side indicates a prioritisation of cosmetic and symbolic rather than substantive changes and offers some opportunities for compromise. Maybe we could festoon airport arrivals halls with Union Jacks and pictures of wartime leaders, maybe programme E-passport gates to be incredibly slow in reading EU member states passports. Foreigners still get in but emerge from the airport with much less of a spring in their steps.

I like that idea. Make their lives miserable so they don’t dare so their ugly faces on our shores again, we are better off in-breading

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What they are NOT announcing in line with the return to Blue passports is the return to the old Duty Free allowances when we leave, 200 fags or 1l of spirits or 5l of wine if I recall correctly ?.. of course currently, within reason, there are no limits to what you can bring back.

Why would they announce something that in all probability isn't going to happen? Something else returning will be all those powers that so many Remain parliamantarians suddenly are desperate to scutinise/control ... where have they been for the last few decades.

Jan 30, 2008
It’s about a million miles away from a BIG step, it is about the most trivial step possible. But cling to the positives as you see them, the rest of us will look on in disbelieve and try and get this sorted in the new year
oh it's being sorted , shame you can't face up to leaving the EU and the Changes that go with it , you'll wonder what all the fuss was about # taking back control
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Yes the colour is superficial the only important bit is removing the European Union label and all that it signifies as per the wishes of the UK electorate.

Jan 30, 2008

Talk about over the top shite, what's wrong with a UK /N IRELAND EXCLUSIVE PASSPORT ???
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You seem to be elated that we are crawling forwards on the back of increasing consumer debt, falling savings, and rising house prices, this can't go on. The value of exports is up, but not as much as the cost of imports, we are not in a healthy position, we are just not as badly off as we should have been yet.

Yes, who could forget the IMF having to bail us out under Healey and Callaghan.

As for pastafarian saying I shouldn't listen to experts, my daughter is a chartered tax accountant with Unilever, so I would think she knows exactly what she's talking about.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How does that work then .......

Unaware of the rules then are we ? maybe 1 litre of spirits and 200 fags will be a simplified blessing for you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why would they announce something that in all probability isn't going to happen? Something else returning will be all those powers that so many Remain parliamantarians suddenly are desperate to scutinise/control ... where have they been for the last few decades.

It will happen. Once we leave the single market and the customs union we will be subject to the rules that apply to non EU citizens.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It will happen. Once we leave the single market and the customs union we will be subject to the rules that apply to non EU citizens.

Thanks Nostradamus and here was I thinking the UK and EU were both intent on working/negotiating towards a mutually beneficial agreement limiting tariffs/barriers. Could you email Brussels and Whitehall telling them not to bother.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
As things stand at least until 5th of May 2022. :bigwave:

They might have eaten each others children by then and be a wretched and broken party. It’s happened before, eg the whigs who ruled on and off for 200 hundred years. The best they can do is offer the country cake, I mean a blue passport. Don’t think the country will be too welcoming to this nonsense.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]944173134621609984[/tweet]

The PM is a ****ing pussy too.

Guess how many tweets she's posted about the 130,000 homeless children at Christmas time. I'll tell you, it's none. Instead she's found the time to post about the colour of a passport. Tosser.

I'd hold fire on new passports as the UK will fracture soon, don't want to do the job twice

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stupid old hag
3dbf8293459c013ac894663f10e7ac56.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They might have eaten each others children by then and be a wretched and broken party. It’s happened before, eg the whigs who ruled on and off for 200 hundred years. The best they can do is offer the country cake, I mean a blue passport. Don’t think the country will be too welcoming to this nonsense.

Possible but I still think self-preservation and the prospect of that motley bunch of far left nutballs taking charge will focus the minds of all but the dimmest of the self-important rebels (Soubry et al).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here