Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The General election have shown that recently the polls are a waste of time. It will come down to who gets off their arses and goes out and votes on the day.
Yeah I know it's a load of rubbish,but it's the amount of airtime the "in" camp get that slightly annoys me.
They get loads of tax payers money etc etc...Just hoping the British people wake up to what will be a dull future in the EU.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Have the OBR, ONS ,HMRC 'cast doubt' (whatever that means) on leaving the EU?

As for the term Independent does that include not receiving substantial funding from the EU?

eu.png

Great game this. [emoji3]

I still have UCA and NIESR in my hand.

I'll call you.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its on the EU own web page that they're applying and going through the process.

If it was never going to happen why would Turkey waste its time with it? Are you saying Turks are so thick they're just doing all this for nothing? ???

:lolol: i'm sure they are many on here who have applied for a mortgage and gone through the process only to be turned down. Are you saying they are thick?

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah I know it's a load of rubbish,but it's the amount of airtime the "in" camp get that slightly annoys me.
They get loads of tax payers money etc etc...Just hoping the British people wake up to what will be a dull future in the EU.

There's been an increase in people registering to vote in the referendum, make what you want out of that ???
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Great game this. [emoji3]

I still have UCA and NIESR in my hand.

I'll call you.

I would have thought someone who likes to throw out accusations of fibbing and misrepresenting opinions would be a bit more careful with their statements :p

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

If it was never going to happen why would Turkey waste its time with it? Are you saying Turks are so thick they're just doing all this for nothing? ???

And why would the EU be spending Billions (some of it our money) getting them up to the required entry standard!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If the EU Referendum was today.

I would have thought someone who likes to throw out accusations of fibbing and misrepresenting opinions would be a bit more careful with their statements :p

Another poster knowingly* fibbing about another poster? I think that's a different kettle of fish don't you think?

*or unknowingly

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've knowingly* fibbed about another poster? I think that's a different kettle of fish don't you think?

*or unknowingly

I haven't been following the nitty gritty of your run ins with other posters but did notice you are a stickler for precision and accuracy of statements (sometimes).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And why would the EU be spending Billions (some of it our money) getting them up to the required entry standard!
Barring disaster, the EU needs Turkey. It will eventually grant it membership in spite of its terrible human rights record and attitude to more progressive western values. It is desperate to stop it lurching eastwards and for it to remain secular in its government in addition to it being a great sponge which will, they hope, halt the tide of refugees. That is why there will be an almighty great fudge, something the EU is fantastically good at.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Because it's good politics. The EU accession process requires a raft of reforms and provides a check-list that governments can work towards. In practice Turkey has hardly started doing anything about it. For other countries, like Romania or Croatia, it provides a road-map.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I haven't been following the nitty gritty of your run ins with other posters but did notice you are a stickler for precision and accuracy of statements (sometimes).

(Always)

So if I'm being a stickler, you'll note that I clearly referred to the NIESR as an independent organisation.

Of the others, I referred to them all as bright, and used the pronoun 'many' when referring to the number of independent research organizations.

I'll except that the pronoun could be a) missed or b) replaced with the number '2' should you insist that EU funding therefore makes organizations like the LSE lacking in independence. Just being a stickler. [emoji3]

Looks like everyone will have to add NIESR to their list of independent researchers that have cast doubt on leaving the EU.

They join OBR, ONS, UCL, LSE, HMRC, the Bank of England and the treasury on the list of organizations that are hopelessly wide of the mark. How can all these incredibly bright people and many independent organizations be so wrong?

Still, let's put our trust in an ex-Mayor that wants to be PM. He was genuinely torn a matter of weeks ago, but now he must be right.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So, many many posts in to this mammoth thread and I feel like it's worth asking this;

Has anyone actually reconsidered how they're likely to vote on referendum day during the lifespan (or even because) of this thread?

Genuinely curious if it has had an impact somewhere down the line or if it's a case of two entrenched sides throwing stats and 'facts' at each other for...reasons?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Barring disaster, the EU needs Turkey. It will eventually grant it membership in spite of its terrible human rights record and attitude to more progressive western values. It is desperate to stop it lurching eastwards and for it to remain secular in its government in addition to it being a great sponge which will, they hope, halt the tide of refugees. That is why there will be an almighty great fudge, something the EU is fantastically good at.

Indeed, they can turn the migrant tap on or off giving them substantial leverage and of course the trump card of 'we have a veto' Dave fighting their corner.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Have the OBR, ONS ,HMRC 'cast doubt' (whatever that means) on leaving the EU?

As for the term Independent does that include not receiving substantial funding from the EU?

eu.png

Still waiting for any respectable body to endorse Brexit. I wonder if ASEAN has made a statement yet...how about ECOWAS? Save the Whales? British Beekeeping Union? A Great British Bake-off Facebook page editorial?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

A totally baseless claim contrary to the reality of the EU accession process. It simply cannot join if it can not complete the reform chapters. Regardless everyone gets a veto, including us.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Still waiting for any respectable body to endorse Brexit. I wonder if ASEAN has made a statement yet...how about ECOWAS? Save the Whales? British Beekeeping Union? A Great British Bake-off Facebook page editorial?

Wow your a right charmer!

sent by talkytap through the U-bend of the porcelain telephone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here