Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Cameron's old financial advisor voting out stating remain is full of untruths and scare tactics. Oh dear starting to fall apart. Also Erdogan now pushing for Turkish visas or the deal for migrants is in jeopardy. I wonder what the EU will do mmmmm cave in I would wager
Given that the Brexit supporting chair of the Health Select Committee has just attacked the Leave campaign for treating the public as fools and has refused to hand out any of its NHS leaflets on the grounds that they contain nonsensical distortions I think you may be looking in the wrong place for campaigns falling apart.

Cameron's ex financial advisor voting Out? Blimey. Halt the presses.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't know if they were all asked to research those issues. Would be worth researching.

With UCL, LSE and NIESR there are definitely no agendas. ONS would also be impartial I would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

The point is we've had a lot of so called experts tell us lots of stuff over the years, for it to mostly turn out to be bollocks.

I think you put way too much stock in what some of these people say.

WMD's, the millennium bug, remember them? :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I know East German history very well, thanks very much. I spent unification day in 1990 with good friends who escaped from the DDR. We were in front of the Brandeburger Tor and I saw how emotional they got when the two countries symbolically became one.

I'm a regular reader of German newspapers and magazines and know there have been several attempts to paint Merkel as some sort of raving communist - when you look more closely all the stories emanate from the sort of sites frequented by tin-foil hat wearers and seem to be based solely on the fact that she was a member of the FDJ - ignoring the fact that about 80% of Germany's youth were members: it was hard to get an education without being one.

It's a bit like claiming that Pope Benedict was a Nazi because he'd been a member of the Hitler Jugend - he didn't deny it (nor did Merkel), that's the way things were then.

I'm a long-standing Brexiter but that's because I believe the EU is an inefficient, anti-democratic organisation. I certainly don't believe that it's being manipulated by Merkel as some sort of communist master plan - that would be totally bonkers

I am genuinely looking forward to Two Professors' reply.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Is there any chance you lot can argue amongst yourselves first and come to an mutual agreement whether or not the £4300 figure is true or not before posting it again.
I know it’s a massive tool in your argument but you are not helping matters by being divided and contradicting the validity of it .

waits for the first deflect reply, oh yeah…..but why don’t you all agree first on blah blah blah

There are many massive tools here but £4,300 isn't one of them, its just a large amount of money that most families would like to have

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There are many massive tools here but £4,300 isn't one of them, its just a large amount of money that most families would like to have

So now you've come to your senses that the £4300 was a load of tosh, is it not starting to dawn on you that maybe some of the other rubbish being spouted might be porkies too? ???

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

But and it is a big BUTT you will only lose this if you earn northwards of 100k which most or the majority of us don't so why keep peddling it unless of course you are northwards

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The point is we've had a lot of so called experts tell us lots of stuff over the years, for it to mostly turn out to be bollocks.

I think you put way too much stock in what some of these people say.

WMD's, the millennium bug, remember them? :lolol:

Well that's a very strange point to make. You seem to be saying that because some experts on some subjects have got things wrong in the past then we should assume that different experts talking about different subjects are mostly talking rubbish. Does this theory apply universally- when you visit your GP for example - or does it apply only when the great majority of experts say things that don't match your preconceptions?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Keep digging it's fun

It's interesting to know that you just make things up without any evidence to back it up. I wonder what else you have made up in your posts?

Pretty unethical behaviour and you just make yourself look silly by being too proud to apologise.

I'll move on now. Can't be bothered to give it much more thought. Same goes for Westdene and Pastafarian.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well that's a very strange point to make. You seem to be saying that because some experts on some subjects have got things wrong in the past then we should assume that different experts talking about different subjects are mostly talking rubbish. Does this theory apply universally- when you visit your GP for example - or does it apply only when the great majority of experts say things that don't match your preconceptions?

My GP doesn't have an ulterior motive, but are you saying that GP's never get things wrong then?

In the end its your choice, you can believe what your fed and just nod your head along with it or you can have a look at whats really going on, not just in the EU but with the unhappy broke populations themselves of most of these states, particularly the ones who now cant leave even if they want to.

Also the basket case economies who are lapping up being in the EU, they're on the gravy train thanks to our money. Serbia will be in next. Just think of the untold benefits to Britain when Serbia get them selves a money straw to suckle on.

I bet British citizens are queuing up to work there and use their health system. :nono:

They've just been told by Junkers that they'll have to wait a bit which has pissed them right off. They cant wait to jump aboard.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So now you've come to your senses that the £4300 was a load of tosh, is it not starting to dawn on you that maybe some of the other rubbish being spouted might be porkies too? ???

I've said before that the £4300 was a pretty meaningless figure although it wasn't a blatant lie, unlike the Brexit minister's claim that the UK won't have a veto if Turkey applies to join the EU. Never let the truth come between a Leave campaigner and the delicious threat of five million - or was it 80 million? - extra migrants. All this in a week when a senior Tory Brexit supporter suggested that the Leave campaign was devaluing itself with the misleading tosh it was publishing about the NHS.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've said before that the £4300 was a pretty meaningless figure although it wasn't a blatant lie, unlike the Brexit minister's claim that the UK won't have a veto if Turkey applies to join the EU. Never let the truth come between a Leave campaigner and the delicious threat of five million - or was it 80 million? - extra migrants. All this in a week when a senior Tory Brexit supporter suggested that the Leave campaign was devaluing itself with the misleading tosh it was publishing about the NHS.

The EU do not give a **** about us, apart from our money and economy.

Remember when Britain/Cameron said the EU needs reforming desperately and Junkers was not the man to do that.

How did that work out?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Looks like everyone will have to add NIESR to their list of independent researchers that have cast doubt on leaving the EU.

They join OBR, ONS, UCL, LSE, HMRC, the Bank of England and the treasury on the list of organizations that are hopelessly wide of the mark. How can all these incredibly bright people and many independent organizations be so wrong?

Still, let's put our trust in an ex-Mayor that wants to be PM. He was genuinely torn a matter of weeks ago, but now he must be right.

Have the OBR, ONS ,HMRC 'cast doubt' (whatever that means) on leaving the EU?

As for the term Independent does that include not receiving substantial funding from the EU?

eu.png

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's interesting to know that you just make things up without any evidence to back it up. I wonder what else you have made up in your posts?

Pretty unethical behaviour and you just make yourself look silly by being too proud to apologise.

I'll move on now. Can't be bothered to give it much more thought. Same goes for Westdene and Pastafarian.

Let's get back to the footie

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Turkey will get in, not tomorrow, not in 5 years but it will happen.

While it is true that no country has a realistic chance of becoming an EU member in the next five years, several have candidate status (Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania) and three of them are conducting accession negotiations (Turkey, Montenegro and Serbia). Iceland officially still has EU candidate status, but in fact has changed its plans and no longer seeks to join the Union.

http://www.euractiv.com/section/enl...udgingly-accepts-juncker-s-enlargement-pause/

Inners need to stop thinking about the next 12 months, yes any change or uncertainty will affect the markets, thats obvious but the long term benefits of being out are so much better.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just watching this poll shite on sky news....love the way they bum the "in" camp big time and give them so much air time.
How many are so n these polls 100?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just watching this poll shite on sky news....love the way they bum the "in" camp big time and give them so much air time.
How many are so n these polls 100?

The General election have shown that recently the polls are a waste of time. It will come down to who gets off their arses and goes out and votes on the day.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Your very certain. Like the £4,300?

Its on the EU own web page that they're applying and going through the process.

If it was never going to happen why would Turkey waste its time with it? Are you saying Turks are so thick they're just doing all this for nothing? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here