Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My worry is when Brexit fails to deliver on its promises what happens next ...

Thats the Spirit !!! Stiff upper lip, confidence that things will get better and we'll fight for our rights and country and that good old British never-say-die attitude that won us 2 world wars and conquered half the world. If we had internet in 1944 I can see your post "My worry is when DDay fails to deliver on its promises what happens next ..."

It will only fail if people make it fail and there seems to be a lot of people 'enjoying' the fact that it could/might/possibly fail.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There is no discussion to lose I'm afraid, this thread continues to highlight that we are a divided Britain which may never be put back together again. 24K plus posts and people are further apart than ever. My worry is when Brexit fails to deliver on its promises what happens next to all those disaffected voters who voted out and they see no improvement in their circumstances ? what is Plan B ? .... as for the wages chart thing, i'm willing to believe it as I'm earning a lot less than I was earning 10 years ago with no sign of improvement on the horizon.

The earnings thing is a result of the Banking crisis not Brexit. Stop trying to change history

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i'm willing to believe it as I'm earning a lot less than I was earning 10 years ago with no sign of improvement on the horizon.

As am i, about the same day rate as 10 years ago.......fortunately i do not blame Brexit as it was 9 and a half years before, and year on year has not improved.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The earnings thing is a result of the Banking crisis not Brexit. Stop trying to change history

I seem to be more aware than you that the imminent Brexit is NOT the cause of the banking crisis that occurred in 2008 !!!

I also seem to be more aware that the fragile recovery we have made since then could be jeopardised by baling out of the plane carrying most of our business partners without a parachute.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thats the Spirit !!! Stiff upper lip, confidence that things will get better and we'll fight for our rights and country and that good old British never-say-die attitude that won us 2 world wars and conquered half the world. If we had internet in 1944 I can see your post "My worry is when DDay fails to deliver on its promises what happens next ..."

It will only fail if people make it fail and there seems to be a lot of people 'enjoying' the fact that it could/might/possibly fail.

So those of us, like me, that were certain that brexit would **** up this country for our and many future generations should now think it'll be fine just because it's happening? Ok then.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I seem to be more aware than you that the imminent Brexit is NOT the cause of the banking crisis that occurred in 2008 !!!

I also seem to be more aware that the fragile recovery we have made since then could be jeopardised by baling out of the plane carrying most of our business partners without a parachute.

"could be jeopardised", yep could be, but it has not happened yet although an alien looking through this thread at some of the gloomers, would be sure it had.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't been keeping track of this thread, so as a summary, who has changed their mind and decided the other side was right all along?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As am i, about the same day rate as 10 years ago.......fortunately i do not blame Brexit as it was 9 and a half years before, and year on year has not improved.

Please read post #24161, first sentence..... think and comprehend ....then read second sentence. Hope this helps

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So those of us, like me, that were certain that brexit would **** up this country for our and many future generations should now think it'll be fine just because it's happening? Ok then.

Yep, that's about right. Many previous doom merchants have now come out with positive things to say about Brexit, or at least have accepted it gracefully (a few recidivists haven't). Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Stupid leftie Tory Boy here. Being dim, I don't understand this. What's Godwins Law?

Unusual description for one of those very, very rare 'centre right' Lib Dem voters. Godwin's law is an Internet adage which asserts that that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches also see Nazis, WW2.

Jan 30, 2008
weak defeatist alert!!!! , why not move abroad if you like the EU that much eh ??????
regards
DR

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Not what you were implying at all. I can guarantee that most chief execs from the EU who export to Britain big time have been to see their respective leaders to make them aware. By hurting us they hurt themselves, interesting times ahead

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Already given any answer possible-perhaps you should visit Specsavers in the New Year,or enroll in an Early Learners reading English class!

We mustn't get trapped at the end of a minority interest cul de sac but as your original piece clearly implied that demand for the British car in question outstripped supply perhaps you might consider a basic English course. Obviously, if English is not your first language then I withdraw all criticism.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Unusual description for one of those very, very rare 'centre right' Lib Dem voters. Godwin's law is an Internet adage which asserts that that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches also see Nazis, WW2.[/QUOTE

Centre centre right if you don't mind! And utterly opposed to the hard right cabal who are now running things with the moist support of those who share your inclinations.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I haven't been keeping track of this thread, so as a summary, who has changed their mind and decided the other side was right all along?

Any chance of giving it another while longer,say 10-15 years? Thanks.. by which time regardless i will still not change my mind.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Given that the leavers are now in love with 'experts' no doubt they will all agree with this

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-is-the-firing-gun-on-a-decade-of-disruption-report-finds-10710800

do you read beyond headlines? what exactly does this think tank say? looking it up they have summarised problems facing the country in the next decade:
A demographic tipping point: As the population grows, the UK is set to age sharply and become increasingly diverse.
An economic world transformed: The economic world order will become more fragile as globalisation evolves, trade patterns shift, and economic power gravitates toward Asia.
Brexit – the aftershock: The economic implications of Brexit are likely to put the country on a lower growth, lower investment trajectory
Technological transformation – between Star Trek and the Matrix: Exponential improvements in new technologies ... are expected to radically transform social and economic life.
The shock of the Anthropocene ...Climate change, biodiversity degradation, and resource depletion mean we will increasingly run up against the limits of the physical capacity of the Earth’s natural systems to reproduce life as at present.

so what real difference is brexit going to make in the balance with demographic, global economics, technology and global climate and resource pressures? was it just thrown in there to get noticed? because it covers two pages of the source report, while the noted funding gap for care is attributed to the demographic changes. was Remaining supposed to mean we stop the population aging?

and in the report their emphasis is that Brexit will lead to the economy being 55bn smaller by 2030. thats 2.8%, not to be sniffed at except thats 0.2% per year. thats margin of error for GDP, and contrast with the £110bn net contribution to the EU (on current budget) over the 13 years.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here