Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
this is where we differ though isn't it, I'm pro European, have worked in Rome, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Athens, Paris and Dublin, I loved the countries and their culture, although I recognise they had challenges, especially France. In all these countries I found people engaging and interesting, not frog, eye ties, the hun (insert insult here), we are culturally diverse but the people remain the same. I don't think some of the more negative posters on here feel the same, in fact I think they harp back to a bygone era of colonial glory and world domination, much the same as the voters did in the USA who elected Trump.

You still do not get it do you, I too have lived and worked (not rucksacking on my parents money) in both Germany and Holland and travelled extensively and still do, I have long standing friendships and continue to till this day.

Why would you think you have some superiour knowledge on why many would no longer like to be part of the EU project, a project I now suspect is due for collapse anyway.

Its condescending to think that a retreat from the political project of the EU means we dont like europeans, grow up, your prejudice is the very reason it has happened.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Er, yes, I agree, geographically England is part of Europe. That's what I was saying but you have continued to emphasise my point.

Your reply to the previous poster should have addressed political geography but instead invoked continental geography.

In his example they cannot be separated. He insinuates it's irrelevant where he was born or what is on his passport he doesn't consider himself European. He is.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Its condescending to think that a retreat from the political project of the EU means we dont like europeans, grow up, your prejudice is the very reason it has happened.

Being a back packing child I don't actually understand how my so called prejudice is the reason it happened, care to elaborate?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Being a back packing child I don't actually understand how my so called prejudice is the reason it happened, care to elaborate?

Re-read your post a hundred times, then give up and continue unfairly to voice your prejudice against those of us that quite reasonably voted to leave the burgeoning political project that is the EU.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In his example they cannot be separated. He insinuates it's irrelevant where he was born or what is on his passport he doesn't consider himself European. He is.

Perhaps, but it doesnt make him Belgium, nor French or Estonian, I think that the pertenent point here.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Re-read your post a hundred times, then give up and continue unfairly to voice your prejudice against those of us that quite reasonably voted to leave the burgeoning political project that is the EU.

Unusually for you :yawn: you didn't answer the question, why is my so called prejudice the reason it happened?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why do you have a problem with what another person considers? You may give lip service to liberalism but yet contest how a person considers themselves.

The statement related to what was said on the passport. Therefore it's attached to a political meaning. He was being political and not geographical. I would have thought that even you could have seen that? You just can't bear that some people don't fit into your narrow view of how the world should be and that many of our countrymen do not consider themselves European.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You are European, you were born European and you will die as such. Unless some seismic disaster occurs and we drift off into the atlantic I don't see this changing for the next few billion years.

Ah,The Chump has surfaced.I might consider myself as a european geographically,but never a European.You might as well say I'm atlantean as we live next to the Atlantic Ocean.When you've stopped crying over poor Hillary,try looking for the country of Europe in an atlas.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why do you have a problem with what another person considers? You may give lip service to liberalism but yet contest how a person considers themselves.

The statement related to what was said on the passport. Therefore it's attached to a political meaning. He was being political and not geographical. I would have thought that even you could have seen that? You just can't bear that some people don't fit into your narrow view of how the world should be and that many of our countrymen do not consider themselves European.

Standing in a garage doesn't make you a car.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah,The Chump has surfaced.I might consider myself as a european geographically,but never a European.You might as well say I'm atlantean as we live next to the Atlantic Ocean.When you've stopped crying over poor Hillary,try looking for the country of Europe in an atlas.

Two points. I didn't want Clinton to win. Secondly, you're European whether you consider yourself it or not. Europe is not a political entity. I doubt you can ever understand even the basics of this.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

You have the absolute right to identify as whatever you wish.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Unusually for you :yawn: you didn't answer the question, why is my so called prejudice the reason it happened?

Jeeeez, you seem unable to grasp that too many Remainers continuously use xenophobic/racist references towards us Brexiteers that quite clearly aren't, you find it nearly impossible to listen to reasoned argument with a backdrop of those prejudices, not being able to acknowledge this is the arrogance.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Jeeeez, you seem unable to grasp that too many Remainers continuously use xenophobic/racist references towards us Brexiteers that quite clearly aren't, you find it nearly impossible to listen to reasoned argument with a backdrop of those prejudices, not being able to acknowledge this is the arrogance.

Brilliant, you still haven't answered the question, why is my prejudice the reason it happened? Oh yeah another thing, people from Belgium are Belgians and when you use big words like pertinent maybe spell it right, helps add credibility to your argument.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Brilliant, you still haven't answered the question, why is my prejudice the reason it happened? Oh yeah another thing, people from Belgium are Belgians and when you use big words like pertinent maybe spell it right, helps add credibility to your argument.

Oh the irony, I just wish you had asked what exactly made you arrogant, now that would of been brilliant, I think again you have proved my point...................

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Oh the irony, I just wish you had asked what exactly made you arrogant, now that would of been brilliant, I think again you have proved my point...................

Seriously mate, it's "would have not would of" maybe give up the keyboard warrior course for a creative writing one!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seriously mate, it's "would have not would of" maybe give up the keyboard warrior course for a creative writing one!!!

Good grief. He's writing on a football messageboard, it's not the Gettysburg Address.

Pulling apart minor points of grammar is a clear sign of someone who's losing the argument.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Good grief. He's writing on a football messageboard, it's not the Gettysburg Address.

Pulling apart minor points of grammar is a clear sign of someone who's losing the argument.

What argument? I've respectfully (well at the beginning anyway) just asked for an answer to a question after getting abuse, maybe read from the beginning before making comments.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What argument? I've respectfully (well at the beginning anyway) just asked for an answer to a question after getting abuse, maybe read from the beginning before making comments.

I couldn't be bothered.

Point stands though. Pulling apart minor grammar infractions on a forum during a debate is frightfully dull. The only exception is if it's a mildly amusing TYPO.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The numbers of migrants from EU to Canada is about 20,000 a year out of a total of 300,000 moving to Canada, so it's a non-issue from their point of view as Canadians don't obsess about migration.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

Is that free movement to Canada? Or is it migration under terms and criteria, no work permits or proof of financial standing required? Yes, its a very relevant issue.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Is that free movement to Canada? Or is it migration under terms and criteria, no work permits or proof of financial standing required? Yes, its a very relevant issue.

Terms and criteria points system but don't let that spoil the argument. Had friends who tried but they didn't meet the criteria because they were near retirement age and therefore needed a lump sum which was quite sizeable to support themselves unlike good old GB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here