Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I'm not sure the current league position is the concern, it's the dramatic change in form which would mean that the required 30 points to get promotion is looking unlikely at present.

The change in form is directly linked to the team on the pitch. We are 4 or 5 key players down. I suspect we are also carrying injuries (Bruno, Kayal, Murray) in the team, but we have no adequate back-ups. Personally I think we were 3 signings short in the transfer window.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seems you can't criticise the team anymore, no matter how deserving, without some **** calling you a bedwetter.

The "bedwetters" have been right every recent season though haven't they?

What, like the ones who thought we'd be relegated or the one's who thought we'd "blown" our chances of finishing in the playoffs?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Come on Chris,give Dean a slap,you know it makes sense!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Try watching what you're seeing instead of just looking at the the stats. This is a season-defining blip. Right here. Right now.

Preston away gave everyone in the Championship, not matter how low budget a squad to the Albion's, the blueprint to beat us.

Once the aura was broken, the psychological side of facing the Allbion this season was also dispelled.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don't need to be a top manager to see not strengthening from a position of power in January was a big gamble. Or do you think we had a good window compared to some of our rivals ?

I would have liked to have seen a quality striker added to the squad. But let's talk about your statement that this dip in form is definitely not temporary. Do you have a crystal ball, or were you just spouting emotional nonsense?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here