Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not clear from the highlights but can someone who was watching on telly or was in lower tier confirm - it was a blatant handball from them, wasn't it?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
They let all sorts of troublemakers in at Griffin Park.

TB.JPG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Again. What are you on about.

You originally quoted me. I NEVER mentioned just away form. I was referring to the two away games as they are back to back. I don't think a loss followed by a draw, especially when both are away is reason to panic. That was the point I was making. We had 2 wins before that

Have a look at when you originally quoted me. You've misunderstood and ran with it.

No. you didn't mention away form, I did. Quite rightly. There was indeed a cause for concern at losing four AWAY matches on the trot, not the loss and a draw that you mentioned. Of course, if you could have been arsed to include a quote in your original post, you might have yourself a lot clearer, and less susceptible to your statements being questioned, which clearly irks you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So yes, I do think the overreactions on this thread were disgraceful..
Yes, I quite agree with you, there have indeed been over-reactions. Use of the offensive term 'bedwetter' was not the least of them. Discussion can be conducted without hurling abuse.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Weeks? Make that months. Hasn't turned up all season for me and would rather have one of the youngers (Bjordal?) on the bench at the moment.

I saw the game on beamback and Skalak had good solid game, agree he is not the winger or offensive player we thought he was but some good balls and excellent set pieces. . March's best two games have been when he has come on as sub an we are chasing the game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not clear from the beamback either. Anyone?

Was right in front of us but still couldn't tell as he kind of fell on the ball. Our players were all appealing like mad - Knocky went into a petulant fit like a 3 year old being told he couldn't have any more haribo (just about visible on the highlights)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No. you didn't mention away form, I did. Quite rightly. There was indeed a cause for concern at losing four AWAY matches on the trot, not the loss and a draw that you mentioned. Of course, if you could have been arsed to include a quote in your original post, you might have yourself a lot clearer, and less susceptible to your statements being questioned, which clearly irks you.

So you made a mistake. Glad we agree

Ps we lost 3 away games on the trot. Not 4.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Was chatting to a steward at the end who told me several of ours had left at half time. Amazing. Couldn't believe it.

Credit to the bloke just right of goal who said into his friend's ear 'this ain't happening mate' walked out, then came bouncing back in when Solly scored.

Not clear from the beamback either. Anyone?

From what I saw, he performed a strange backwards dive to the ground to block a shot, but the ball hit him on his hand/arm under his body as he went to ground. No doubt in my mind tbh as the shot was heading goalwards, but convincing refs to give us decisions these days seems an arduous task.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Had a right laugh reading this on the way home. FYI the only time the away fans went quiet was when their third went in. First half was wall to wall 1 nill and you still dont sing. 2 nill and you still dont sing. Bloody brilliant day out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a right laugh reading this on the way home. FYI the only time the away fans went quiet was when their third went in. First half was wall to wall 1 nill and you still dont sing. 2 nill and you still dont sing. Bloody brilliant day out.

Too true......the irony of them singing 'we'll sing on our own' was hilarious.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
FYI the only time the away fans went quiet was when their third went in. First half was wall to wall 1 nill and you still dont sing. 2 nill and you still dont sing. Bloody brilliant day out.

Wouldn't agree with that. Very loud up until 2-0 with some unwilling to continue the '2 nil down..' tom hark jig. "I give a ****" said some. Not sure they get the point :shrug:

As soon as Solly's went in though it was electric. Couldn't hear anything whatsoever from Brentford other than celebrating their goals.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I saw even more walking out when it went to 3-2.

Too true, the row of seats in front of us was empty, just as well as I fell into it when we equalised

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here