[News] Breaking News - Nigel Farage

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The fact that Farage got turned down by seven other banks after Coutts had dumped him, suggests they run an early warning system to alert all of them of dodgy individuals doing the rounds trying to open bank accounts.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think you may find that @Greg Bobkin's tongue was firmly in his cheek :wink:
Short of putting 'I'M TAKING THE PISS' at the bottom of my comment, I'm not sure how much more obvious I could've made it.

Were the quote marks and random capital letters not enough of a giveaway? :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can you give any examples where life in the UK has improved since Brexit. From outside looking in I cannot see anything that is better and a lot that looks worse.
Congratulations on your "victory"
Er, no. No I can't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The fact that Farage got turned down by seven other banks after Coutts had dumped him, suggests they run an early warning system to alert all of them of dodgy individuals doing the rounds trying to open bank accounts.
Not forgetting the FBI had him marked as a 'person of interest', a while ago.
Think about it, HSBC won't touch him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'd like to know why for a couple of reasons

1. It will shut him up, at the moment he can use it as a tool for publicity
2. If it is Russian money, will more than likely end him
3. I don't think bank accounts should just be shut without a reason, which he claims.
He may no longer meet their risk appetite, they are not obliged to get into specifics

He of course can take it up with the FOS if he’s unhappy with their final response.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Money laundering and know your customer checks have had to be run by banks for years. It’s likely Farage will be classed as a PEP and therefore subject to additional financial checks. Most banks do it in most of the world.

View attachment 162951
He will be classed as a PEP no doubt but that doesn’t stop a bank on boarding him.

He will be subject to enhanced due diligence rather than standard, particularly on source of wealth and source of funds pre onboarding and will be subject to closer scrutiny and ongoing monitoring.

At anytime he could could fall out of the banks risk appetite, could be financial sanction related, financial crime risk related or even just reputational risk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Working in industry I’ll say if you can’t pass on boarding at a royalty linked bank on the strand then you will struggle on the high street

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Short of putting 'I'M TAKING THE PISS' at the bottom of my comment, I'm not sure how much more obvious I could've made it.

Were the quote marks and random capital letters not enough of a giveaway? :lolol:

This calls for a new emoji banner 'I'M TAKING THE PISS' for the Brexiteers to spot.

You know, like that 30 foot banner the Palace Ninjas used in their game against City. Sometimes you just gotta go more banner and less ninja.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This calls for a new emoji banner 'I'M TAKING THE PISS' for the Brexiteers to spot.

You know, like that 30 foot banner the Palace Ninjas used in their game against City. Sometimes you just gotta go more banner and less ninja.
I think this was 'remainers' - or 'rEmOaNerS', as twats would say - not Brexiteers getting the wrong end of the stick...

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He will be classed as a PEP no doubt but that doesn’t stop a bank on boarding him.

He will be subject to enhanced due diligence rather than standard, particularly on source of wealth and source of funds pre onboarding and will be subject to closer scrutiny and ongoing monitoring.

At anytime he could could fall out of the banks risk appetite, could be financial sanction related, financial crime risk related or even just reputational risk
All of those seem very plausible, but something has happened just recently, for Coutts to summarily ditch him. Seven other banks won't touch him either. Are we likely to ever find out the root cause?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
All of those seem very plausible, but something has happened just recently, for Coutts to summarily ditch him. Seven other banks won't touch him either. Are we likely to ever find out the root cause?
I guess that depends on how much he keeps bleating about it publicly. Banks have surprisingly wide powers but seldom use them. They would not have acted this way without careful consideration.

I suppose the poor chap will need handouts and for third parties to pay his bills. Fukk him.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So either all the banks abide by the same regulations and he's been blacklisted or all UK banks are woke remoaners - and the establishment, and they want to punish him for Brexit

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So the two leaders of the Brexit campaign have both turned out to be lying, incompetent, duplicitous, self serving ****s who were quite happy to completely shaft Britain and it's people purely for personal gain.

I really can't imagine why nobody highlighted this before :dunce:
With dodgy links to Russia

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Coutts are a B-Corps bank so I doubt they want anything to do with him. They are a surprisingly progressive bank.

I keep hoping to open this thread and read something involving a helicopter. Farage is a traitor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports