Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Will be better and younger options available.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'm not sure I agree with the thinking that says he definitely won't take a pay cut. £20k a week instead of £30k a week, £5k difference after tax, 3 hours less in a car and 3 hours more with his family every day, and a decent chance of regular football at a club on the up where he obviously wants to come. We're clearly interested and doubt we're showing interest without sounding him out over whether he'd come on wages that we'd be happy to pay and wouldn't upset the dressing room. The bigger issue is likely to be smug faced Eddie needing to save some face. Even owners who are happy to be in the prem don't like spending £4m and then selling for nought 6 months later...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Turning into too much hassle for a player at the arse end of his career. I was a big fan but am now inclined to hope he stays in the stiffs drawing his 30k a week and annoying smug Eddie.

Time to move on now IMO ( I know plenty have been saying that since he left :smile:)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Turning into too much hassle for a player at the arse end of his career. I was a big fan but am now inclined to hope he stays in the stiffs drawing his 30k a week and annoying smug Eddie.

Time to move on now IMO ( I know plenty have been saying that since he left :smile:)

This. I don't get the constant infatuation with former players to be honest. Fully expect CH and team to unearth another Knocky-like gem or two instead.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. I don't get the constant infatuation with former players to be honest. Fully expect CH and team to unearth another Knocky-like gem or two instead.

Agreed. Although it's not a 'Knocky-like gem' that we need, after all we have the original Knocky already.

What we badly need though is a 20/25 goal a season striker. Once upon a time that would have been Glenn, but I fear it's a season too late for him, especially if it is going to cost us a seven figure fee, without any real chance of selling him on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed. Although it's not a 'Knocky-like gem' that we need, after all we have the original Knocky already.

What we badly need though is a 20/25 goal a season striker. Once upon a time that would have been Glenn, but I fear it's a season too late for him, especially if it is going to cost us a seven figure fee, without any real chance of selling him on.

By Knocky-like, I meant someone (agree it's a decent striker or two as priority) of decent value that other clubs don't seem to be chasing but turns out to be class........imagine the management have their targets lined up already (expecting business early in the window), and also imagine most of them won't be predicted on here [emoji3]

He's contracted to Bournemouth for two more years, or in other words, till he is 35. He is currently on his last big contract.

At the moment, he is due to earn £3m over the next two years at Bournemouth and they want to get him off the payroll. Pay them £1.5m which they use to pay off half of his contract. He signs for us for £15k a week which is roughly £750k a year; or to put it another way, £1.5m over two years. Bournemouth get him off their books at no cost to them (but no gain), we get a proven goal scorer at a relatively modest fee and GM still earns £3m over the next two years without upsetting our pay scales! Win Win Win all round. What's not to like. The point is that he is unlikely to sign for any club for more than he is earning now so he is always going to look to Bournemouth to make up the difference which they are not prepared to fund.

Sounds a big winner to me

Oh and I would still love Vydra by the way, suits us perfectly in my opinion, Reading were a shambles this season.
Hes always scored a lot of goals in the championship generally.

Worried about whether those injuries have taken away that amazing Watford era speed

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
By Knocky-like, I meant someone (agree it's a decent striker or two as priority) of decent value that other clubs don't seem to be chasing but turns out to be class........imagine the management have their targets lined up already (expecting business early in the window), and also imagine most of them won't be predicted on here [emoji3]

Agreed

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
apparently we have be told to pay 2.5m for him
well they whoever THEY are can **** right off
he will cost muff another 6m in wages for the next two years ..................shows(as we know) you should be careful who you sign and for how long for

PS someone is being very greedy I don't know who it is and frankly don't care :annoyed:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
apparently we have be told to pay 2.5m for him
well they whoever THEY are can **** right off
he will cost muff another 6m in wages for the next two years ..................shows(as we know) you should be careful who you sign and for how long for

PS someone is being very greedy I don't know who it is and frankly don't care :annoyed:

Where did this £3m a year wage come from?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For £2.5m plus wages for 2 years this is no longer viable in my opinion, as much as I am a Murray fan.

Time to move on even for me if thats the cost involved.

I bet we could pick up Vydra for not much more than that on the back of his season at Reading and is only 24.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Where did this £3m a year wage come from?

I must have read it somewhere on here ............but even if its £3 its still a NO from me

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
They won't get £2.5m and they'll not want him in their 25 man squad. I'll guess at an "undisclosed" £1m (or thereabouts) with maybe the balance to be paid if the buying club gets promoted in the first season of GM's contract.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They won't get £2.5m and they'll not want him in their 25 man squad. I'll guess at an "undisclosed" £1m (or thereabouts) with maybe the balance to be paid if the buying club gets promoted in the first season of GM's contract.

Offer to take him FREE, and with Bournemouth paying ALL but £3k of his wages, but we pay them a £5million bonus loan fee, in the event that we get promoted.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Sack this one off. I love Murray but can't justify that sort of fee.

Exactly as I said in January (and was shot down by Bozza), it's all about Howe. He doesn't need to get his money back, but he won't admit he cocked up by making a substantial loss on this transfer.

Clown.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here