Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth hope to secure loan deal for Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They can't they are gambling and rightly so.

You also forget they have £9m in sales banked, and ffp losses permitted will be bigger.

Also fees paid don't contribute much of the loss, only the amortisation.
Not this season. In fact, the permitted losses are LOWER this season than last.
The new figures don't come into force until next season.

Just a thought for all you supposed fans that are chucking in your season tickets because you haven't got the exact playing staff you'd like....
WHEN we start to get it right on the pitch, which will be very soon, you might just have to go back on the waiting list to watch us play!!!

It's half past 8 in the morning and you're already pissed! Hahahahahahahahahaha .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Didn't say that did I? Seems a fair few people agree though.

Bournemouth are meeting FFP on less than half our crowds, and have a squad that makes ours look pony. What I said was there's been a rather large cock-up if, despite probably double their merchandise and ticket sales etc, they can afford a better squad than us, whilst seemingly meeting FFP as 'easily' as we can.

Oh, and anyone that thinks they aren't paying big wages is a fool.

Said the.......

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Didn't say that did I? Seems a fair few people agree though.

Bournemouth are meeting FFP on less than half our crowds, and have a squad that makes ours look pony. What I said was there's been a rather large cock-up if, despite probably double their merchandise and ticket sales etc, they can afford a better squad than us, whilst seemingly meeting FFP as 'easily' as we can.

Oh, and anyone that thinks they aren't paying big wages is a fool.

Bournemouth, Murray, haven't we done this before? Several times?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Didn't he get named in the Palace 25 man squad and sign a contract extension? Seems odd that he would then be put on loan.

I suspect it is either a newspaper filling column inches or the agent for Murray stirring it to get him more games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They can't they are gambling and rightly so.

You also forget they have £9m in sales banked, and ffp losses permitted will be bigger.

Also fees paid don't contribute much of the loss, only the amortisation.

We had about £14m in sales banked. What the **** is going on?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Come on Bloom, get him back!!

Why would he ? You're at a prem club - ok, not playing much, but getting a look-in every now and then. If you or the club want you out on loan, would you go to a club up the top pushing for promotion, or one that is struggling to stay clear of relegation. Unless it matters to him a lot where he lives, there's no reason to come back.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Perhaps they will fail next season, or perhaps they'll be in the Prem so won't care like a mini QPR. That will be up to December's accounts though so we'll have to wait and see. To state that they "are not sticking to FFP in any shape or form" is demonstrably incorrect - so far.
No it isn't.
Basic maths.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why would he ? You're at a prem club - ok, not playing much, but getting a look-in every now and then. If you or the club want you out on loan, would you go to a club up the top pushing for promotion, or one that is struggling to stay clear of relegation. Unless it matters to him a lot where he lives, there's no reason to come back.

He lives In Brighton still, does he not?

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
If Bournemouth can afford Wilson (£3m), Rantie (£3m), Kermogant, and possibly Murray, all whilst meeting FFP on crowds of 9k, then there has been a royal f*ck up on our operating costs, for us on gates of 20k+ to end up with Leon f*cking Best.

this , this , this and that.............we are just shyte , quite happy to settle for second or third best.....i really hope TB knows what he's doing but the signs are not good.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
They are a club with ambition and have a more than good chance of automatic promotion this season, I don't blame them really.
Once in the promised land, all sins will be forgiven and bank loans paid off.

Absolutely, we let Elphick, Cook and Murray all leave because of penny pinching and our board are responsible for that.

If we had offered Murray a better wage package he wouldn't have turned up at the Amex to dump us out of the play-off, would he?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
All this wailing an gnashing of teeth about how much Bournemouth have spent on transfers is pretty pointless. The fact is we did not have that money to spend. We had to cut back our spending to fulfil our FFP obligations, boring I know but we still HAD to do it. Bournemouth had the windfall from their previous transfer activity so were able to go for it. It remains to be seen whether they will comply after the next set of figures are due in. You've seen the accounts, the numbers speak for themselves.

The only cause for complaint is not the amount we have spent, but HOW we spent the money we did. Sadly we recruited poorly this summer, that is football, it happens. The people responsible have paid with their jobs and we look to rebuild next season. As for who can we get in now, our choices will be limited simply because we are in a relegation battle. The better players will go to teams in more promising positions, that's just the way it is. Not buying in january was sensible as we really need a sticking plaster to get us through the rest of the season, the cure for our ills will just have to wait until the summer.

Hopefully we will get someone in as temporary fix on loan. We also need production out of the players we already have Baldock, Best, O'Grady and even CMS have all scored at this level Hughton will just have to work them hard and get something out of them.

I think this will be a tough season and I expect us to be in the bottom six for most of it, as long as we can stay out of the bottom three I'll be happy.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Absolutely, we let Elphick, Cook and Murray all leave because of penny pinching and our board are responsible for that.

If we had offered Murray a better wage package he wouldn't have turned up at the Amex to dump us out of the play-off, would he?

Putting it like that. Thats deep man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here