Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth hope to secure loan deal for Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Up until now, I have never wished years of my life away.
But I am absolutely sick and tired of the Murray saga and wish I could fast forward to the day when he has retired from professional football.
I respect Murray, and enjoyed watching the Albion when he led the line.
But that was then and this is now; I don't want him to return although I wish him well; it would be an expensive mistake. He is our past and we must look to the future and find the players who can make that future successful.

STOP the Murray fetish! MOVE ON!
Nevermind murray...the obsession with ex managers and other ex players is bloody disgraceful :censored:

WTF is it with people being obsessed with the past?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Nevermind murray...the obsession with ex managers and other ex players is bloody disgraceful :censored:

WTF is it with people being obsessed with the past?

No different anywhere else, whether it's Palace's obsession with Freedman's post-Palace career or Sunderland fans banging on about bringing back Peter Reid etc.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
No different anywhere else, whether it's Palace's obsession with Freedman's post-Palace career or Sunderland fans banging on about bringing back Peter Reid etc.
Agreed, but are they really asking for these blasts from the past to return?
How often has 'going back' proved successful? Some fans are even getting excited at the prospect of Dean Cox making a return....
He was good for us back then - but NOOOOOOOOO - don't re-sign him! Forward, not back!!!!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
They don't seem to have wastes of skin like Kemy Agustien taking home an obscene amount of money for merely tweeting a crazy amount of bollocks

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They don't seem to have wastes of skin like Kemy Agustien taking home an obscene amount of money for merely tweeting a crazy amount of bollocks

Hmmm, I'd imagine Tokelo Rantie isn't on peanuts, bearing in mind they paid a couple of million for them. He's been largely crap and can't get in their team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm, I'd imagine Tokelo Rantie isn't on peanuts, bearing in mind they paid a couple of million for them. He's been largely crap and can't get in their team.
Burke out.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I didn't think Murray could play for another team this season as he has already played for two teams. Happy to be corrected. Good luck by the way to Bournemouth who seem to have a fantastic team playing and scoring for fun. I for one don't care what they spend on players given the crowds they get, so what. We just sound like jealous cousins
Darren Bent?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It still amazes me that a team that average 12k gate spend so much more than us who average 25k, something doesn't add up

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It still amazes me that a team that average 12k gate spend so much more than us who average 25k, something doesn't add up

This is the big mystery.

How come Bournemouth can pass FFP on titchy gates and high spending, yet we seem to struggle and can't compete ?

Can we pin our hopes on the CMS and Agustien wages being freed up in the summer making us more competitive for transfers ? ???

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Is it not a case of them spending money they got from sales/sell ons?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Apparently our running costs, especially the subsidised travel, are a lot higher than any other club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here