Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth hope to secure loan deal for Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
I didn't think Murray could play for another team this season as he has already played for two teams. Happy to be corrected. Good luck by the way to Bournemouth who seem to have a fantastic team playing and scoring for fun. I for one don't care what they spend on players given the crowds they get, so what. We just sound like jealous cousins

This was my thought also. I haven't read the article but Ipswich were also linked with him.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I have no idea how they are staying within FFP but Bournemouth seem to be light years in front of us in terms of recruitment, style and coaching staff. Good luck to them getting Glenn Murray, it seems that they are determined to get over the line to reach the Premier League and are trying to ensure that they have the players.

More goals for reject Murray at the Amex coming up? Bloom must love the way his nose keeps getting rubbed in it by a Palace player, pretty well everytime he plays against us. The perfect reminder about what can happen if you don't pay the going rate for player on your books.
They're not sticking to FFP in any way, shape or form, but then neither did QPR.
Their foreign chairman is just hoping for promotion.
When they don't get it (which they won't) he'll sod off and buy some other club, and 'Muff are left to die.
That is why FFP was brought in, to stop wankers doing this kind of thing.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
And we got 23,000 St holders and are given O'Grady and Best,,,priceless. And some people wonder why loads of fans aren't going to renew. This is your answer, right here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I didn't think Murray could play for another team this season as he has already played for two teams. Happy to be corrected. Good luck by the way to Bournemouth who seem to have a fantastic team playing and scoring for fun. I for one don't care what they spend on players given the crowds they get, so what. We just sound like jealous cousins
He can play for another team on a 93 day loan, as strangely these loans don't count towards the number of teams.

He could not have signed for another team in the transfer window, either permanently or on a half season loan.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
And we got 23,000 St holders and are given O'Grady and Best,,,priceless. And some people wonder why loads of fans aren't going to renew. This is your answer, right here.

Absolutely spot on!! - I predict swathes of empty seats next season whatever league we are in - the player recruitment debacle has set us back at least 3 seasons

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Murray = mqdefault.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At the end of the day, if we want him, and if he wants to come here, he will. Forget who Charming and Chums 'want' to loan him to.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Eddie Howe pressing the panic button after dropping points at home to Huddersfield. With Derby and Boro out of the FA Cup Bournemouth are right up against it in relation to claiming a top two spot.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Bournemouth PASSED the FFP.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

We need to be aiming our anger at the clearly useless FFP regs, not a club that passed it and continues to recruit well.

They were probably helped by the 9m that banked in transfer fees this summer though, from Lallana and Grabban.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We need to be aiming our anger at the clearly useless FFP regs, not a club that passed it and continues to recruit well.

They were probably helped by the 9m that banked in transfer fees this summer though, from Lallana and Grabban.

Bournemouth passed FFP LAST SEASON.

Are they also passing it this year ?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

They will fail the next one.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Here we go again!!! Barber out! Bloom out! Board out! Shake it all about!

Didn't say that did I? Seems a fair few people agree though.

Bournemouth are meeting FFP on less than half our crowds, and have a squad that makes ours look pony. What I said was there's been a rather large cock-up if, despite probably double their merchandise and ticket sales etc, they can afford a better squad than us, whilst seemingly meeting FFP as 'easily' as we can.

Oh, and anyone that thinks they aren't paying big wages is a fool.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Just a thought for all you supposed fans that are chucking in your season tickets because you haven't got the exact playing staff you'd like....
WHEN we start to get it right on the pitch, which will be very soon, you might just have to go back on the waiting list to watch us play!!!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Didn't say that did I? Seems a fair few people agree though.

Bournemouth are meeting FFP on less than half our crowds, and have a squad that makes ours look pony. What I said was there's been a rather large cock-up if, despite probably double their merchandise and ticket sales etc, they can afford a better squad than us, whilst seemingly meeting FFP as 'easily' as we can.

Oh, and anyone that thinks they aren't paying big wages is a fool.

Bournemouth met FFP for last season. This season is a different matter.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Perhaps they will fail next season, or perhaps they'll be in the Prem so won't care like a mini QPR. That will be up to December's accounts though so we'll have to wait and see. To state that they "are not sticking to FFP in any shape or form" is demonstrably incorrect - so far.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Just a thought for all you supposed fans that are chucking in your season tickets because you haven't got the exact playing staff you'd like....
WHEN we start to get it right on the pitch, which will be very soon, you might just have to go back on the waiting list to watch us play!!!

Are you mental? It'll be YEARS before a waiting list is needed again. We can't afford to turn down people stupid enough to pay 400 quid or more to watch mediocre football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here