Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottom three in the Premier League

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not that I have any desire to engage with you or any of your other chums, but I'm guessing you have no idea where the term Premier League Ready came from but what you read on the abortion of a messageboard that is the BBS Away End.

My understanding is the PLR referred to ALL the off field things etc ... Get the infrastructure right and it will come.
Think you missed your big opportunity last season, the run you was on, you should have gone up automatically.
Also think there are too many teams in with a promotion chance this year, nicking points off each other, and no one able to pull away.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Albion play in the hardest league to get promoted from.
palace play in the hardest league to get relegated from.

Fair play to them, we can't argue but it doesn't stop it being galling.
Pardew did his best last season. All it will take is continuing where he left off (and being given enough time and money to waste) and I'm confident he will complete what he started.

As you say, it's a difficult challenge to be one of the three shittest teams in the division but if anyone can achieve it, it's Alan.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
and of course turning over Man U twice, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Spurs really should have been easy peasy:)...notwithstanding safety was already assured .

Yesterday we looked solid and aren't concerned in the slightest...but keep hoping for our relegation...why I really dont know, we aint rivals or anything.

Keep up with your present form and you'll be relegated before Christmas and back into administration before much longer

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Pardew did his best last season. All it will take is continuing where he left off (and being given enough time and money to waste) and I'm confident he will complete what he started.

As you say, it's a difficult challenge to be one of the three shittest teams in the division but if anyone can achieve it, it's Alan.

If the run continues, he won't be here at Christmas.
Still think we are a decent team, just lacking a bit of confidence, get 3/4 players in, and I'm sure we'll be ok.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and of course turning over Man U twice, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Spurs really should have been easy peasy:)...notwithstanding safety was already assured .

Yesterday we looked solid and aren't concerned in the slightest...but keep hoping for our relegation...why I really dont know, we aint rivals or anything.

Smug Eddie and FFP busting is my reason. for wanting you relegated. Oh and smug Eddie being a **** over letting GM come here last January.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

You have to make allowances, it's all they have left. They have to deal with the injustice that us tinpot teams have managed to do what the mighty Bha have not. I have a feeling this could be there year though, then ahainyi have a feeling that I'm going to win the lottery.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yesterday I wanted to bounce last seasons long running relegation thread 'surely palace can't', but it's been moved to the wilderness, so hardly seemed worth it.

that was one of my favourites :bowdown:
any chance you could start another one, in a very similar vein, and a bit more current?
like nowish, after one game? so it can run, and run, like a hyena, laughing, for nine months,
please :kiss:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't see Bournemouth being in trouble, not sure why so many others do. They won't trouble the top half, but they finished quite comfortably last season. They score goals, which instantly elevates them against proper relegation fodder like Burnley, Hull and Palace. They concede a few, but if you score plenty, you'll always have a sniff.

Presume Palace will use some of the money for Bolasie to get a striker in. They've done bloody well there. £25 million for a winger who can't finish, and is good for approximately half of each season? Football: incredible.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
After the first round of matches The Premiership table is reverting back to normal apart from the odd anomaly.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Maybe for paying players massive wages to get their services without the income to pay them coming from football generated income perhaps, think it was supposed to be called financial fair play!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Maybe for paying players massive wages to get their services without the income to pay them coming from football generated income perhaps, think it was supposed to be called financial fair play!

As an AFCB fan, ive always been split on gone FFP issue, we could have built up more slowly etc. And sorting the ground out too. I just find the sneering attitude from 'some' Brighton fans annoying, basically due to you getting lucky with funding too, someone willing to give you £150 million of their own money to give you an escape route from the previous financial difficulties. Then if anyone else gets funding it's not 'in the right way'. Just leave us to get on with it like ;-)

Its going to be a tough season, but we will be ok if we play like we did first half on Sunday we should be ok.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As an AFCB fan, ive always been split on gone FFP issue, we could have built up more slowly etc. And sorting the ground out too. I just find the sneering attitude from 'some' Brighton fans annoying, basically due to you getting lucky with funding too, someone willing to give you £150 million of their own money to give you an escape route from the previous financial difficulties. Then if anyone else gets funding it's not 'in the right way'. Just leave us to get on with it like ;-)

Its going to be a tough season, but we will be ok if we play like we did first half on Sunday we should be ok.

It's a fact, after nearly going out of business and being asset stripped we got lucky with Tony Bloom and having fans who would not let the club die without a fight. It's also a fact that you cheated to get out of this division. Not sure why you are surprised that some of us hope you come back down, it's not sneering.

In fairness there are plenty on here who are pleased for you too.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
It's a fact, after nearly going out of business and being asset stripped we got lucky with Tony Bloom and having fans who would not let the club die without a fight. It's also a fact that you cheated to get out of this division. Not sure why you are surprised that some of us hope you come back down, it's not sneering.

In fairness there are plenty on here who are pleased for you too.

I know that too, in fairness there are a lot of posters on here. Oh I just suppose like most supporters you quite
like to see your own club in a good light.

There's big infrastructure issues at the moment, if we don't stay up we've got to sort the ground out anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just hate smug Eddie and the whole crap two bob club. Regardless of FFP and cheating, I just want them relegated and playing Reading in league one where they belong.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If the run continues, he won't be here at Christmas.
Still think we are a decent team, just lacking a bit of confidence, get 3/4 players in, and I'm sure we'll be ok.

You are giving him to Christmas, well I notice there is a growing unrest towards Pardew amongst your fans and some giving him just three more games with Coleman already being named as his replacement. Also there appears to be grumblings towards Prince Charming and his transfer.contracts and ground improvement dealings. One defeat and the super fans unrest is growing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You are giving him to Christmas, well I notice there is a growing unrest towards Pardew amongst your fans and some giving him just three more games with Coleman already being named as his replacement. Also there appears to be grumblings towards Prince Charming and his transfer.contracts and ground improvement dealings. One defeat and the super fans unrest is growing.
Have they started the throat-slitting gestures yet ? ???

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Nobody sneers at Bournemouth for receiving investment. The complaint is that once they had the money, they broke the Financial Fair Play rules in order to gain an unfair advantage on their competitors. Tony Bloom has been very generous, but he has also been fair in his dealing with rivals by not ignoring the rules and using his wealth advantage to bypass fair competition as defined by League rules. In contrast to this, Bournemouth's owners cheated. That's why they have been fined, because they are cheats. Winning by cheating tends to cause resentment, so unfortunately for Bournemouth's fans you will have to accept that a lot of other fans view your club's achievement in the same way that Brian Clough viewed Leeds United's.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

And the rest...

Classic case of traditional third tier club being bankrolled above their natural status.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
We're jumping on Bournemouth losing the first game of the season to £240m summer spending Man United as an exciting sign that they're getting relegated?!

Concentrate on ourselves and all that.

We're equally dependent on one man as Bournemouth or many many other clubs are. That we spent a lot on infrastructure and others on players was our decision. Whether it proves to be right or wrong will play out in time. Bournemouth and the other 19 are in the box seat currently. Up to us to earn our way.

As for Palace, they seem able to throw limitless money at the problem, far more so than Howe. Benteke for how much?

Money doesn't buy team spirit or understanding of your system, only a well knit squad does that, so let's keep on as we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here