Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottom three in the Premier League

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That's definitely true, but Pardew has said we'll sign two strikers before the window closes so I'm optimistic. If Benteke is one of them then we'll be absolutely fine, the geezer is superb.
To be honest how is Pardew still in a job with you lot? and more surprised you still have faith in him to deliver.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very easy to mock when you have not even played your first game yet!

I am not mocking just stating that I want to see you relegated, along with Burnley and FFP breaking Bournemouth. Is that so hard to comprehend ??? We have played two games btw or are you suggesting that because we haven't been in the PL I can't feel like that? Weirdo.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yesterday I wanted to bounce last seasons long running relegation thread 'surely palace can't', but it's been moved to the wilderness, so hardly seemed worth it.

Why on earth has this been removed from the Big Board, it is a FOOTBALL thread on a football site and one referring to our rivals, so it's removal baffles me. Yet we can have on the on the first page of the Big Board, 5 non football threads all older than the "Surely Palace cant thread", some going back 4 years. perhaps a mod can explain?

Why on earth has this been removed from the Big Board, it is a FOOTBALL thread on a football site and one referring to our rivals, so it's removal baffles me. Yet we can have on the on the first page of the Big Board, 5 non football threads all older than the "Surely Palace cant thread", some going back 4 years. perhaps a mod can explain?

It was getting stale so had lost its appeal as Click Bait.

Gotta keep those £'s rolling in.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We haven't played our first game in the Premier League yet is no doubt what our resident palace fan was alluding to.

Ah, so they're clutching at straws. Understood.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Palace, Burnley and Hull relegated were 40-1. I went doubles on Brighton being the top south east side in the championship. About 80-1. I win near £2K if I win. If.

I saw it after motd and said the same thing to my bro. Unfortunately the Palace will stay up at the expense of Hull, Burnley and one other.

Sadly I think your right, and I think the one other could well be Sunderland this season.

That would upset me greatly, I like Sunderland as a place and their football team whereas Newcastle just deserve everything they got. I've met some really good lads from Sunderland who never take themselves seriously, never seem to have an entitled attitude but it seems most of the Geordies I've met are complete Cheddar Helmets.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
We haven't played our first game in the Premier League yet is no doubt what our resident palace fan was alluding to.

Surely that cannot be right, you have been PLR for years now. But yes you were right.

To be fair we are shite at the moment, not much we can do about it though apart from hope the situation changes.

Surely that cannot be right, you have been PLR for years now. But yes you were right.

To be fair we are shite at the moment, not much we can do about it though apart from hope the situation changes.

Not that I have any desire to engage with you or any of your other chums, but I'm guessing you have no idea where the term Premier League Ready came from but what you read on the abortion of a messageboard that is the BBS Away End.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That was an excellent first result. At home, against your ex-manager and a team with similar ambitions/quality. Defeated.

Just hoping that 'run' they were on last season continues well into this one.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You have previous for this, starting threads prematurely.
Will be an interesting season, so hopefully this Palace thread can be bumped, unless Bozza pulls the plug on it.( again )

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
My dislike of many teams now means that there are too many to go in one season.

My heart says I'd like the bottom 4 to be:

Bournemouth
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Palace.

My head says it's more likely to be:

Bournemouth
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Hull

Eddie Howe could well be lucky again due to there being 3 worse teams than his.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Bournemouth last NINE PL matches Won ONE drew ONE Lost SEVEN For 8 Against 23. If this form carries onto this season and already did yesterday I can see Howe not being FLAVOUR of the month much more and getting AXED.

Palace last nine PL matches Won TWO drew Three Lost FOUR For 7 Against 12. I wonder how long Pardew will get to turn this round ?

Fair to say both teams in their rightful place at the bottom

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bournemouth last NINE PL matches Won ONE drew ONE Lost SEVEN For 8 Against 23. If this form carries onto this season and already did yesterday I can see Howe not being FLAVOUR of the month much more and getting AXED.

Palace last nine PL matches Won TWO drew Three Lost FOUR For 7 Against 12. I wonder how long Pardew will get to turn this round ?

Fair to say both teams in their rightful place at the bottom
Even fairer to say the bottom third of the Premier League is so shockingly poor #greatestleague-etc that they can both maintain that form and still not get relegated.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Even fairer to say the bottom third of the Premier League is so shockingly poor #greatestleague-etc that they can both maintain that form and still not get relegated.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a call for a Premier League ELITE , top 10 where they play each other 4 times home and away and got rid of the dead wood into some sort of Premier League 2. Next Sunday on SKY is Boro v Sunderland and West Ham v Bournemouth, that is hardly going to drive up subscriptions

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There really are a lot of very shit teams/clubs in the Premier League this season. They might have pots of cash but I can't see the quality of the bottom half of the division improving any time soon. They're just paying more money for the same standard of mediocre players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't be surprised if there was a call for a Premier League ELITE , top 10 where they play each other 4 times home and away and got rid of the dead wood into some sort of Premier League 2. Next Sunday on SKY is Boro v Sunderland and West Ham v Bournemouth, that is hardly going to drive up subscriptions

Albion play in the hardest league to get promoted from.
palace play in the hardest league to get relegated from.

Fair play to them, we can't argue but it doesn't stop it being galling.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

and of course turning over Man U twice, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Spurs really should have been easy peasy:)...notwithstanding safety was already assured .

Yesterday we looked solid and aren't concerned in the slightest...but keep hoping for our relegation...why I really dont know, we aint rivals or anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here