Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bottom 6 remaining games

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hmmmm, 5 points behind them up the road with 2 to play. And on paper their's look harder than ours :whistle:

More likely to overhaul Newcastle i'd say, given we're playing them.

But yes. Palace keeping their losing streak going and us getting two wins to go above them would be great.

We've already played Newcastle and Burnley off the park this year (and drew both). We have nothing to fear.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
More likely to overhaul Newcastle i'd say, given we're playing them.

But yes. Palace keeping their losing streak going and us getting two wins to go above them would be great.

We've already played Newcastle and Burnley off the park this year (and drew both). We have nothing to fear.

Tonight's point takes the pressure off, hopefully we can really go for it in the remaining games.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Do you know what? It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we will finish 13th...on GD.

Newcastle have us and Liverpool and are 6 points ahead with a slightly worse GD.

So, a win against them and another against Burnley, with them then losing to Liverpool will mean we’ll finish above them, and 13th would be secured if Palace lose both their games.

Come on The Albion!
:albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do you know what? It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we will finish 13th...on GD.

Newcastle have us and Liverpool and are 6 points ahead with a slightly worse GD.

So, a win against them and another against Burnley, with them then losing to Liverpool will mean we’ll finish above them, and 13th would be secured if Palace lose both their games.

Come on The Albion!
:albion2:

Or if The scum lose one and draw one after our point tonight...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Newcastle have huge injury problems, and, so do Palace,
. It's not unfeasible we could catch both, if we decide we want to.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I think we will want to beat Newcastle but I can see Burnley being a draw or loss.

Will be very happy with 40 pts and if Palace end on 42 that will be ****ing hilarious

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

We'll learn a bit about the character of the squad in the next few games. Will any be clocking off as they did in the promotion season?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hmmmm, 5 points behind them up the road with 2 to play. And on paper their's look harder than ours :whistle:

We won't win another game for the rest of the season, we seem to be happy to do just enough.
Will probably end up in 17th place as well.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We won't win another game for the rest of the season, we seem to be happy to do just enough.
Will probably end up in 17th place as well.

Based on last night's powder puff performance I would say you are right. We made Saints look like Real Madrid in the second half. It was embarrassing.

The players look too uncertain of themselves. They are playing too many error strewn passes. They are either not up to it or not confident.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Based on last night's powder puff performance I would say you are right. We made Saints look like Real Madrid in the second half. It was embarrassing.

The players look too uncertain of themselves. They are playing too many error strewn passes. They are either not up to it or not confident.

The squad is erratically picked and players do not play with each other enough to get to know each others strengths and weaknesses.
How can you play to a player's better side if you don't know what it is.
Should have a structured starting eleven who all know each others playing capabilities and then let changes be dictated by injury and new recruitment.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
We'll learn a bit about the character of the squad in the next few games. Will any be clocking off as they did in the promotion season?

You'd really hope not, especially given the very short turnaround before next season where you can potentially get some 'momentum' going. Similarly, if palace lose their last 8 (really possible) it cant be good rolling into next year.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The squad is erratically picked and players do not play with each other enough to get to know each others strengths and weaknesses.
How can you play to a player's better side if you don't know what it is.
Should have a structured starting eleven who all know each others playing capabilities and then let changes be dictated by injury and new recruitment.

Thats Potter all over with the chopping and changing and to be fair it has worked and we have stayed up.

Those subs last night didnt really help , the team in the 2nd half looked like it had never played together before so I get what you are saying.

As for everyone saying we are going to win at Burnley. Has anyone not seen them this season. If ever a team would be favourites to beat our game it would be them away

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Ludicrous. A point away at the Saints is a very good (and fair) result.

Far bigger teams have struggled there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Or just maybe they, understandably, felt the pressure and wanted to hang on to the lead and then to the draw.

It’s going to be interesting to see if the nervous shackles can be thrown off in the next two games and the confidence levels rise along with the quality of football.

I am going for a couple of good performances :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
FWIW I think we will beat Newcastle. We won't beat Burnley, Them's the rules, we never do. Point at best,

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ludicrous. A point away at the Saints is a very good (and fair) result.

Far bigger teams have struggled there.

I am not going to judge our performance based on how well other teams have done there. I'll base it on what I saw, and what we all saw was not good enough.

Looking at that second half far too many times we gave the ball away while in possession. That has got nothing to do with how well Saints were playing. That's us gifting them the ball. When you have the ball you can do damage. If you are giving it away, you can't.

Danny Ings had twice the possession of our front two combined. Glenn's header was a great set up, but other than that he hardly got a sniff of the ball.

It's not ludicrous to suggest we played poorly, because we did.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I am not going to judge our performance based on how well other teams have done there. I'll base it on what I saw, and what we all saw was not good enough.

Looking at that second half far too many times we gave the ball away while in possession. That has got nothing to do with how well Saints were playing. That's us gifting them the ball. When you have the ball you can do damage. If you are giving it away, you can't.

Danny Ings had twice the possession of our front two combined. Glenn's header was a great set up, but other than that he hardly got a sniff of the ball.

It's not ludicrous to suggest we played poorly, because we did.

The poor passing has been a feature of the recent matches. However this happens when you play the top sides and those that are relaxed with little to play for. Southampton had to change things up for the second half so it wasnt going to be as easy as the first and we were under pressure for a result.....which we got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here