Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bottle luzzed at Man United team bus

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Liverpool are on a 'manhunt' for the luzzer.

Tricky situation I suppose if the person isn't a season ticket holder, as it happened outside the ground

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not surprising given the bottle job Liverpool served up today

Murder On The Orient Express Train GIF by Reconnecting Roots

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Liverpool have form on this kind of stuff

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very unwise, as Liverpool really don't want to be losing their bottle again.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Surely not?

They’re cuddly loveable football fans who have been wronged by the whole country. Bless them.
Very disturbing. What happened to simple mooning ? So much more civilised before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely not?

They’re cuddly loveable football fans who have been wronged by the whole country. Bless them.
Not this again.

One bottle today means they were responsible for Hillsborough, is the narrative is it not? It is for some, including an oaf lawyer you got away with saying so on Adrian Chiles recently.

You're better than that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can someone explain to me whether this is funny (all the jokes) or a very bad thing (calls for lifetime bans, with which I agree)?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can someone explain to me whether this is funny (all the jokes) or a very bad thing (calls for lifetime bans, with which I agree)?

It's not funny, but some folk, including me, like to make benign humour at situations. Life's too short. But such jokes are not an endorsement, just made because no-one was hurt.

My more serious question, having only attended one major football match in the last four years or so (Albion v Fulham earlier this year) would be is this kind of thing becoming for more common now or is it just that we see it more through social media ?

It seems that, despite the high risk of being caught, some supporters act like animals and do it anyway. I wonder if that is the marching powder folk keep referring to.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It's not funny, but some folk, including me, like to make benign humour at situations. Life's too short. But such jokes are not an endorsement, just made because no-one was hurt.

My more serious question, having only attended one major football match in the last four years or so (Albion v Fulham earlier this year) would be is this kind of thing becoming for more common now or is it just that we see it more through social media ?

It seems that, despite the high risk of being caught, some supporters act like animals and do it anyway. I wonder if that is the marching powder folk keep referring to.
The guy filmed himself luzzing the bottle at the bus...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not this again.

One bottle today means they were responsible for Hillsborough, is the narrative is it not? It is for some, including an oaf lawyer you got away with saying so on Adrian Chiles recently.

You're better than that.
And there it is.

Hillsborough, attacking the City bus, attacking the United coach and, indeed, Heysel are separate events.

As a scientist, it's you who should be better, given those parameters.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not this again.

You're better than that.
One thing you are not Harry, is stupid. But you keep swallowing the whitewash on this one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And there it is.

Hillsborough, attacking the City bus, attacking the United coach and, indeed, Heysel are separate events.

As a scientist, it's you who should be better, given those parameters.
Sounded like a dog whistle to me. Same old scousers....whether you meant it or not.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One thing you are not Harry, is stupid. But you keep swallowing the whitewash on this one.
What is the whitewash. That the 97 actually died through their own silly scouser fault, and then the rest of them spent 20 years milking it?

The original sneer from @Guinness Boy was "wronged by the whole country". What is the larger context for that?

Why, when some oaf chucks a bottle at a coach, is this the first thing that springs to mind? Oh yes, those scousers going on and on about Hillsborough, as if this exonerates their hub cap stealing and so on.

"Wonged by the whole country", the first thing @Guinness Boy thinks of after a scouser throws a bottle. Really?

Can someone direct me to some other massive years long trope other than Hillsborough that explains the "wronged by the whole country" trope?

And you, @wellquickwoody, please explain to me the "whitewash"

Sorry if this is all just "banz" and I didn't get the joke.

And, is the bottle throwing itself funny?

Please explain what I'm not following here.

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
What is the whitewash. That the 97 actually died through their own silly scouser fault, and then the rest of them spent 20 years milking it?

The original sneer from @Guinness Boy was "wronged by the whole country". What is the larger context for that?

Why, when some oaf chucks a bottle at a coach, is this the first thing that springs to mind? Oh yes, those scousers going on and on about Hillsborough, as if this exonerates their hub cap stealing and so on.

"Wonged by the whole country", the first think @Guinness Boy thinks of after a scouser throws a bottle. Really?

Can someone direct me to some other massive years long trope other than Hillsborough that explains the "wronged by the whole country" trope?

And you, @wellquickwoody, please explain to me the "whitewash"

Sorry if this is all just "banz" and I didn't get the joke.

And, is the bottle throwing itself funny?

Please explain what I'm not following here.
“Can someone direct me to some other massive years long trope other than Hillsborough that explains the "wronged by the whole country" trope?”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2011/dec/20/liverpool-luis-suarez-patrice-evra

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...om-liverpool-regarding-luis-suarez-racism-row

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here