Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wouldn't have gone as far as booing him today but he was very lazy and to be honest pretty rubbish. If that's what premier league youngsters are like I'd rather see us put one of our own kids in the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although there was one plus point from playing Akpom:-

It just about iced Tomer's 'I'm so ANGRY' cake.

Me likes Tomer angry.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He was poor, but ultimately CH chose to play him, presumably on the basis of what he saw in training.

I was fairly central in the north and the booing was very evident.

Relieved to see him substituted? Yes
Boo one of own players? No

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Lazy, not interested! Did nt deserve that though!.Just showed how good Baldock is! Thought our fans were always a classier bunch who never booed anyone in the blue and white stripes, especially a young man making his full Albion debut! Shame on you muppets! Go and support Pompey or Palace!

Ashley Barnes , Chris Wood and even Sam Baldock when he first arrived they all suffered along with several others

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A very loud burst of Solly March , Solly March when he's not on the pitch can't be doing much for Skalak's confidence either.

Often thought this and it much louder and persistent

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately another example of a loan striker being signed on the basis of the club he's coming from. He must have something for Arsenal to have kept hold of him but everything I have seen from him has been very poor. Doesn't excuse booing though.

We will need to recruit much better strikers in the summer if/when we go up as it's the one area that I think we are very weak.

Should we go up, there will be additions across most positions, and a few farewells. TB/PB/CH and their scouting team will not want us to get relegated in 2018.

For example, I can't see Skalak troubling PL fullbacks. He struggles against opponents with pace and power.

Perhaps we'll end up acquiring two PL quality strikers.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Boo a Brighton player? **** that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can only imagine CH 'chose' to play him on the basis of what it says in the loan contract.

Or the player complaining back up the agent/club line that he's not getting any game time while out on loan. So he gets chucked in for an hour against third from bottom. and proves himself to be utterly ineffectual in front of a full house. A tiny minority of whom act like pricks and boo him off the field. Bit of a car crash for the player really.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well this is abit of a turnaround. If I could be bothered i'd dig out all the passive aggressive posts telling me that he was a great January addition, despite me stating otherwise having watched him for quite a few full games last season at Hull.

But I guess if he plays for arsenal, Aspinall says he's the man and looked quality in an u21 game...

I would never boo one of our own, even a loanee. Having said that, it didn't look/sound to me like it was just the crowd getting on his back.. if anyone else noticed Knocky and Kayal giving him an apoplectic grilling.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can't understand all this "he's a Brighton player" stuff :shrug:

He's not a Brighton player, thank fvck. Doubt if he considers himself to be a Brighton player either. Bet he tells anyone who's interested he's an Arsenal player - and his performances reflect that.

Fans have a sixth sense for when they are being shortchanged - not by ability, but by effort and commitment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can only imagine CH 'chose' to play him on the basis of what it says in the loan contract.

you can't have it both ways. If he *has* to play him and its not his choice then why hasn't he played him much until now and why did he feel free to take him off.
Perhaps he saw something in training and wanted a more like for like replacement for Baldock. But to suggest Hughton is happy to be dictated to in terms of his selection. Especially contractually . I doubt it.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I didn't boo, but it was a pathetic performance from a lucky, lucky boy. He should bank every penny, save everything he earns from this contract and the inevitable contract with a crap Championship club when he's a free agent, because he'll disappear down the leagues within the next few years.

He is rubbish, and it didn't look like he tried today, but if he's on the pitch there's a chance he might score us a goal, which could be crucial.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Booing was out of order, no excuse. He is a young lad and clearly out of his depth just now, but no excuse for that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We will need to recruit much better strikers in the summer if/when we go up as it's the one area that I think we are very weak.

Akpom has , agreed, not much made of a contribution and looked out of sorts today.
Hemed, Murray and Baldock though have scored hatfuls of goals , won us loads of points including today and will probably get us promoted. Gayle and Wood aside then ask every other team in the league if they'd fancy our forward line...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here