Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely terrible performance, at least look like you can be bothered, lazy , lightweight and useless all rolled into one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A bit worrying though that CH gambled a full hour of the closing stages of this crucial promotion chase on a player who was patently completely out of his depth. Hopefully the starting line-up sixty minutes was a cold hard one-off contractual agreement and one that never has to be repeated.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He could actually run around a bit, but didn't bother That's not being out of his depth that's being lazy. People don't boo those that put effort in, not being good enough is the manager's concern not giving a shite is the player's.

Uwe barely broke out of a jog today and was the best player on the pitch. March came on and sprinted once in his 35 minutes yet changed the momentum of the game alongside Hemed. You don't need to run around a lot to be a good player.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A bit worrying though that CH gambled a full hour of the closing stages of this crucial promotion chase on a player who was patently completely out of his depth. Hopefully the starting line-up sixty minutes was a cold hard one-off contractual agreement and one that never has to be repeated.

It was 55 mins. He gave him 10 minutes after talking to him at HT. Ever seen CH do two changes on 55 mins? No. So it's not worrying as he saw it too.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm surprised he made in onto the pitch in the second half. I think the only, single thing he did of note was fall over and win a cheap free kick. He spent most of the match aimlessly jogging about. It was completely pointless having him on the pitch. He wasn't evening attempting to win any long balls that went near him - it was just accepted that he wouldn't win the ball. There were no attempts at intelligent runs to make space for other players. No movement towards the ball to offer midfield players a pass. He didn't offer any threat at all. I hope that's the last time we see him start. If you don't have the ability to play at the top end of the Championship (which he doesn't), then fine. But at least put yourself about and perhaps try putting their players under some pressure to force them into mistakes. The guy is lazy and didn't look at all interested. Meanwhile, Murray worked his socks off all game and looked knackered by the end - he was doing the job of two forwards until Akpom came off.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I thought he was woeful, looked out of place, didn't have a clue and seemed to fall over his own feet. All of that said you can't boo your own players.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Uwe barely broke out of a jog today and was the best player on the pitch. March came on and sprinted once in his 35 minutes yet changed the momentum of the game alongside Hemed. You don't need to run around a lot to be a good player.

Different positions require different approaches. His required closing down when without the ball and attempting to get in good attacking areas when we have the ball. One time Stevens ran past him when going forward. He was trotting.

Showed poor attitude. Plus laying around pretending to be injured.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lowest point of the day for me. He was shit, yes. Or as the bloke near us put it "get off you sack of shit". But boo him? Why? I'll never understand that mentality. I personally don't think we need fans like that. And they are in for a shock if we go up as more often than not our players will look ordinary next year.

Man up.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
A few say on here, that he looks out of his depth etc
I think the booing was for his lack of effort, which in no way relates to skill.

The lad needs a kick up the arse in my opinion, no it wasn't his best day, but doing the simple things like closing people down, challenging in the air, doesn't require much skill, only effort. Booing could in fact help, bring that effort out of him, a weapon for CH to use...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was 55 mins. He gave him 10 minutes after talking to him at HT. Ever seen CH do two changes on 55 mins? No. So it's not worrying as he saw it too.

Both BBC and the official Albion fixtures link say 58 minutes. Which is more or less the bog-standard 60 minutes. Well more so than 55 minutes anyways :shrug:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Different positions require different approaches. His required closing down when without the ball and attempting to get in good attacking areas when we have the ball. One time Stevens ran past him when going forward. He was trotting.

Showed poor attitude. Plus laying around pretending to be injured.

Your post illustrates your lack of football understanding. We very rarely pressure high up the pitch on the ball. Our forwards are regularly asked to close off passing lanes rather than just chasing the ball like children in a school play ground. That doesn't actually require running - it requires a good footballing brain and good positioning. Unfortunately, it's these things that he more crucially lacks rather than a desire to run around a lot.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The booing was embarrassing. Anyone that did boo should be ashamed of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, he's utter ****, he really is. But he does try. He's just so painfully out of his depth that I'm a tad shocked we brought him in on loan, let alone playing him ahead of Hemed and March today.
Let alone playing him ahead of Hemed and March, eh? Let alone playing him ahead of Tilley and Connolly now, perhaps.

Just out of interest, anybody know if the 'No-recall rule' applies to Youth team players out on loan as well as senior pros? (I'm thinking Maguire-Drew here).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Your post illustrates your lack of football understanding. We very rarely pressure high up the pitch on the ball. Our forwards are regularly asked to close off passing lanes rather than just chasing the ball like children in a school play ground. That doesn't actually require running - it requires a good footballing brain and good positioning. Unfortunately, it's these things that he more crucially lacks rather than a desire to run around a lot.

Must do better then. FA coaching badges, been watching and running teams for years, oh and watching Brighton for 44 years. Know f@@k all me :dunce::dunce:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A very loud burst of Solly March , Solly March when he's not on the pitch can't be doing much for Skalak's confidence either.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I must have imagined all the pressuring Knockaert and Murray did in his place then.

And starting a post by suggesting someone doesn't understand football because they don't agree with your opinion doesn't reflect well on yourself and indeed results in people valuing your opinion less. With that said, if you can't see that he was lazy and didn't put in any effort today, you're blind. It's true that effort doesn't necessary correlate with with distance covered, but I could not see any effort to anything he was trying to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here