Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom and Barber

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Correct, and the problem with them is different governing body (PL v FL). Seemed to suggest that it might be more difficult imposing penalty. If that were correct I can't then see how they can fairly impose the sanctions on those " left behind"

But the interesting bit was that he stated categorically that the FL will definitely impose sanctions, so we are looking at 4 or 5 teams with embargoes in January, which will make things interesting. Whether the ones to the promoted teams stick is another matter, but there is no suggestion at the moment that they will not.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If PB did say that (I haven't watched the vid yet), that's slightly disingenuous. Technically, DK never "offered" (in a legal sense) his shares to fans. He conducted instead an "invitation to treat", which was an invitation to fans (who bought his book) to offer to buy his shares off him. Legally, that's very different. Personally, I have no doubt that part of DK's motivation was to cause the club some inconvenience, which is very regrettable, but I don't think he broke the Articles.

A member of the audience said they'd like to take Dick Knight up on his offer to buy shares from him but didn't want to upset the club. Barber said that under the Articles if Knight wanted to sell he'd first have to offer to existing shareholders, and that in order to do that fair value would need to be established by an independent auditor so that seller and buyer could then negotiate if they chose.

However, Knight has told BBC Sussex: "They (the fans) buy the book and they write to me," he said. "I have to make sure they are genuine Albion fans that buy these shares.

"I will know a lot of them anyway and I will make the final judgement on whether they should acquire my shares."

Where exactly "offering your shares to existing shareholders in the first instance" fits into this God only knows.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
However, Knight has told BBC Sussex: "They (the fans) buy the book and they write to me," he said. "I have to make sure they are genuine Albion fans that buy these shares.

"I will know a lot of them anyway and I will make the final judgement on whether they should acquire my shares."

Where exactly "offering your shares to existing shareholders in the first instance" fits into this God only knows.
and so began [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]'s finest hour on NSC.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But the interesting bit was that he stated categorically that the FL will definitely impose sanctions, so we are looking at 4 or 5 teams with embargoes in January, which will make things interesting. Whether the ones to the promoted teams stick is another matter, but there is no suggestion at the moment that they will not.

He said that and I'm sure it's the intent. The reality could be quite different, and I think he also suggested that nobody really knows until we get there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was a little surprised somebody didnt ask if they considered re signing Glen Murray but thinking about it I think they would have given an answer along the lines of a number of players were considered but it wouldnt be right for us to name them.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Why didn't,t anyone ask what Dick TIGHT did with the cup final money?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very interesting discussion first about SBTS and then about singing generally.

Barber and Bloom both keen on doing SBTS as well as possible and both said they thought words on screen was a good idea.

Worrying, however, was the Yank they delegate to, who doesn't seem to "get it" at all, and talked irritatedly about his ruling out of "subtitles"....

Both bloom and barber are keen to look onto how GOSBTS can be 'reworked' is it possible that you could send the montage that someone prepared to the new people on the marketing team to push this forward.....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here