Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom and Barber

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was there tonight, a great evening. I had a chat with Tony afterwards, very nice man and I've said it so many times before but we are so lucky to have a chairman who loves the club and genuinely cares what the fans think and feel. Oh and just to put it to bed, I asked and he assured me that he wasn't on NSC :thumbsup:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Thought they both came across really well. The issues they have dealt with over the last few years have been immense and in the context of a club that has grown massively. Can't help feeling that some of the moaning on NSC has been very blinkered and short sighted - I have confidence in both TB and PB. And don't quite get the dislike of some towards PB? Maybe I am too trusting? But club must be pretty well run when most of the gripes appear to be how quickly we can get served our pie and pint and the fact that not all the fans sing all the time...........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great Q and A session, quite enlightening actually about some of the operational problems the club faces.

I thought the Dick Knight shares question was interesting because Barber was basically saying Knight has broken the clubs Articles Of Association - that Knight himself helped write - by offering the shares direct to fans and not to existing shareholders.

I can't help thinking Knight has made a bit of a gaffe with his offer, ironic really when the whole Stanley and Archer mess started with an alteration to the Mem and Arts.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
1: How many clubs do they think will be subject to FFP sanctions in January. 2: If they could change one rule in relation to how football in the Championship is run, what would that be?

This was asked, in fact possibly the first or second question, so not sure the twitter feed was up by then....

Anyway, Bloom replied that as a club we have complied with FFP, and January would be interesting when results of all other clubs were known. I don't think he put a number on those he thought had breached the rules, but implied some will have.

The matter is complicated by those teams which have gained promotion,what action would be taken against them and those who haven't.

Wait and see I guess.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
This was asked, in fact possibly the first or second question, so not sure the twitter feed was up by then....

Anyway, Bloom replied that as a club we have complied with FFP, and January would be interesting when results of all other clubs were known. I don't think he put a number on those he thought had breached the rules, but implied some will have.

The matter is complicated by those teams which have gained promotion,what action would be taken against them and those who haven't.

Wait and see I guess.

I watched it on Youtube. I'm sure he either said 6 or 7 or he said 7 or 8. He said the two obvious one were Leicester and QPR.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I watched it on Youtube. I'm sure he either said 6 or 7 or he said 7 or 8. He said the two obvious one were Leicester and QPR.

Correct, and the problem with them is different governing body (PL v FL). Seemed to suggest that it might be more difficult imposing penalty. If that were correct I can't then see how they can fairly impose the sanctions on those " left behind"

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Correct, and the problem with them is different governing body (PL v FL). Seemed to suggest that it might be more difficult imposing penalty. If that were correct I can't then see how they can fairly impose the sanctions on those " left behind"

It certainly would be a point worth taking up for those left behind if they wished to fight it (and I think they would be right to). I just don't understand why they can't suspend the fine until they re-enter the football league.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yes it got a resounding No from PB. He didn't expand and it was a pity he didn't give a full explanation. Another Q got asked and that was it

He has answered this at a previous meeting there were 2 reasons given.
1. The plan and layout of the Amex means the current location works best in terms of segregation etc.
2. When they did put the away fans more into the east stand there was a lot of complaints from the East Stand STH that the away fans were spoiling their sleep.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Tony also said he would look into putting it into the club's articles that we may never change the blue and white colours should any Vincent Tans one day take over which was reassuring. He also said after someone asked that we wouldn't be seeing the stripey shorts again at least whilst he was chairman :lol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
sort out the transport!

How do you think it should be done?

(A serious question as I have never really had a problem on the few visits i have been able to make)

I honestly think that you should consider other venues that you have visited with similar sized crowds and see how they do it better and put this forward to the club.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Are their any articles summarising the event or any audio clips? Would be intrigued to hear more.

EDIT... Link found : )

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I thought the Dick Knight shares question was interesting because Barber was basically saying Knight has broken the clubs Articles Of Association - that Knight himself helped write - by offering the shares direct to fans and not to existing shareholders.

I can't help thinking Knight has made a bit of a gaffe with his offer, ironic really when the whole Stanley and Archer mess started with an alteration to the Mem and Arts.

If PB did say that (I haven't watched the vid yet), that's slightly disingenuous. Technically, DK never "offered" (in a legal sense) his shares to fans. He conducted instead an "invitation to treat", which was an invitation to fans (who bought his book) to offer to buy his shares off him. Legally, that's very different. Personally, I have no doubt that part of DK's motivation was to cause the club some inconvenience, which is very regrettable, but I don't think he broke the Articles.

Tony also said he would look into putting it into the club's articles that we may never change the blue and white colours should any Vincent Tans one day take over which was reassuring. He also said after someone asked that we wouldn't be seeing the stripey shorts again at least whilst he was chairman :lol:

Changing the Articles to prevent the colours being changed in the future isn't particularly reassuring. The owner of the club (providing they hold sufficient shares) can change them whenever they want - precisely as TB is apparently proposing to do now. If a Tan-alike new owner bought TB's shares in the future, he could simply change them again, removing that clause.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong supporter of both TB and PB, but it's important that we're clear about what's being said and the consequences. S'all.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Changing the Articles to prevent the colours being changed in the future isn't particularly reassuring. The owner of the club (providing they hold sufficient shares) can change them whenever they want - precisely as TB is apparently proposing to do now. If a Tan-alike new owner bought TB's shares in the future, he could simply change them again, removing that clause.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong supporter of both TB and PB, but it's important that we're clear about what's being said and the consequences. S'all.

I thought that ... there are plenty of things that are trotted out from the club that assumes we are all fairly ignorant.

However in this respect I think it was just seemed the easiest way for him to answer the question. I'm not sure what the questioner was hoping for ... yes TB will do his due diligence on a potential buyer, but if and when he ever sells he will have no ability to determine what happens thereafter

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I thought that ... there are plenty of things that are trotted out from the club that assumes we are all fairly ignorant.

However in this respect I think it was just seemed the easiest way for him to answer the question. I'm not sure what the questioner was hoping for ... yes TB will do his due diligence on a potential buyer, but if and when he ever sells he will have no ability to determine what happens thereafter

Yep, that's entirely plausible. You're right to say that TB won't be able to control what any future owner does, in the same way that DK can't now and in the same way that if you sell your house you couldn't prevent the new owners painting it red and blue if that's what they wanted to do (assuming it isn't listed or in a conservation zone).

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Cheers to all that came along last night and those that asked questions either there, on here or on Twitter. I think most got asked, I know I asked as many as I could and many of the answers have already been posted here. If not take a look at the club YouTube channel and re-watch the meeting over your sarnies at lunch-time. Once again thanks to all who came along well over 100 there and thanks to the Holbrook Club for allow us to use there hall. Most importantly thanks to Tony, Paul, Tom, Paul, and the Albion Media team including Paul, Tim and Adrian for making it happen. our next meeting will be on the 20th Nov. Andy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here