Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
"JFC played OK" say the radio. Isn't that always the way. OK. Average. Unspectacular. In short, not what we need playing just behind our target man.

Precisely this! Against Ipswich could you say the same about Tex? the complete opposite I would say. We need someone in that position better than OK or bang average and from the numerous times I have now seen JFC this season he has not once impressed me, most often he has been an anonymous passenger offering us very little.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If only it was a one off, as you seem to allude to............think some people close their ears and shut their eyes when things are going

bad.

This is an ongoing situation under Hughton then - clearly:facepalm:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe...i wasn't at the match ...but are you saying the sole reason we dint win/draw today was because jfc played...he does seem to have become an easy target and popular

No. I'm saying he has consistently (over many, many games) contributed very little in the way of creativity. I certainly think we would have had far greater chance of scoring had we played Tex, March instead of JFC, Calde.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not a great result.. ...Sadly it`s back to relegation battle with six league games in Feb, Leeds in 19th place being on paper the easiest.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
No I meant Brentford home in the league. I know we lost but he kept us in the game and if we'd scored he would have won us a point. Not his fault we didn't take advantage of it.

In fairness, I've named three out of about the last four of five games so I'm not sure how much more often than that he can play well.

Fair point, I was hammered at the Brentford home game due to taking 5 Irish lads to the game that day so ill take what you say on that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We never win (except Charlton) when lightweight JFC starts .....

And Leeds. And Bolton. And Wigan, and two of our cup wins. So, JFC started six of our ten wins this season.

By the sounds of it on the radio, it was a poor game all round, terrible pitch, awkward wind, homer of a ref. JFC wasn't particularly at fault, so perhaps doesn't deserve the flood of criticism he seems to be getting on the phone in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stuck, boring, broken record aren't you. were you at the game and can comment on the performance?

As you probably gathered from my frequent posts on this very thread, and the fact I quoted the radio comment, I wasn't there, but... JFC is not creative, has created very little all season (I've attended many games, and state this with confidence as an informed opinion), and Calde is not a forward. Simple. Were you there? Do you disagree?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As you probably gathered from my frequent posts on this very thread, and the fact I quoted the radio comment, I wasn't there, but... JFC is not creative, has created very little all season (I've attended many games, and state this with confidence as an informed opinion), and Calde is not a forward. Simple. Were you there? Do you disagree?

I wasn't there, but I disagree and the stats show he has made (not including today) 30+ chances. I think you will agree that is not bad considering for half the season he was asked to play in a defensive role

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Are you being deliberately dense?? look at the league position - you don't get there because you've done well......

Just because I don't agree with you does not make anyone "dense".

Hyypia got us where we are and the new manager can get us out of trouble. FFS support the team rather than whinge!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To put into perspective just how shit we are this season. Check out the results in two games against Blackpool, one against Wigan, one against Rotherham and one against Millwall. That's five games of which 4 were at home we have amassed a grand total of 5 points against the 4 teams around us. If any of you don't think we are going to be in a relegtion battle you have way more faith than me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't there, but I disagree and the stats show he has made (not including today) 30+ chances. I think you will agree that is not bad considering for half the season he was asked to play in a defensive role

30+ sounds good to be fair. Not sure how that stacks up with other players playing in that position? I have to say that stat surprises me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here