Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We are always so shit against the shit teams. Only exceptions I can remember us dominating a poor team was wolves who were basically already relegated and Barnsley a few years back

D

Deleted member 22389

FK sake, we sounded absolutely gutless. What was the problem today, too cold.
End of the day it's up to the players isn't it. If they want to play League One football they are going the right way about it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Would be just like us to wipe the floor with Forest next week. Just keep looking up the table rather than down, a setback but, shit pitch, shit weather and shit ref partly to blame.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Poor. Time for Kayal instead of JFC methinks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
0-1 full time. Referee blows the whistle before having to give a penalty for handball :lol:

Be interesting to see what those who were there thought. Butters and Cantor sounded incredibly biased in the commentary, blaming the ref, the pitch and luck rather than what sounded like a really crap performance from the Albion.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The action on the pitch is about as frustrating as our transfer window inaction. The end of every window seems to be accompanied by an "is that it?" sensation.

Sigh!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Be interesting to see what those who were there thought. Butters and Cantor sounded incredibly biased in the commentary, blaming the ref, the pitch and luck rather than what sounded like a really crap performance from the Albion.

They also said the handball was probably Dunk anyway.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not slagging him off, by the sounds of what i've listened to and from comments on twitter he should have done better with the freekick. I agree he has done much better recently and we've had a run of clean sheets. He commands his area well and also on crosses, his distribution is good. But IMO!! His weakest part of his game is shot stopping and I base that on this whole season. I'm not putting this defeat down to Stocks, far from it. But when you aren't playing well and you need your keeper to pull off a save to keep you in it, I don't think Stockdale does it as often as he should do.

To be honest, I'd hate to see what happens if you do slag him off then. I can't see any comments blaming Stockdale but I'm sure you're right as there are some people who won't give him any credit despite him being brilliant in the last couple of months. In fact, I'd argue he has kept us in games with great saves recently but we'll ignore the Fulham away, Brentford home, Wolves away etc games as they don't suit your argument.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have posted many times that he get's picked by the England U21 manager and by Hyypia and therefore must have something but now even Hughton picks him!But he does seem to be a regular input into a losing team.

That's because he contributes virtually nothing to the team. We have much better players not playing. Tex, unless ill, should have played.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Brighton never have a comfortable game no matter who we play.

Oh well, onto the next game.
Yep, even at our peak under Gus, we would have made very hard work of this sort of fixture. It's just what we do.

Next game can't come quick enough.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wahaaay it's the refs fault again...ah well that is ok then

We have a bang average side but we haven't turned to shit because of one result. Look at Blackpool's recent home form, other teams have struggled to win there for one reason or another. Cue massive overreactions from some though.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Can't believe the team are flying back to Brighton! What a waste of money make them walk after that pile of manure!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Fence sitter Hughton, did anyone expect a win???

He hardly went for what is a poor side, 3 big points lost.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
We beat a better Blackpool side 6-1 a few years ago. And the '1' was anice own goal. FFS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We are always so shit against the shit teams. Only exceptions I can remember us dominating a poor team was wolves who were basically already relegated and Barnsley a few years back

Didn't we beat blackpool 6-1 once!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here