Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Friday sales

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Got my Tasssimo joy for £39 at AO.com......was £39 for a few hours then back to £75...Im happy thanks.....

Thank God for that, I have been through the ringer worrying that you might have to pay full price. I can finally kick my shoes off and relax.... Praise the Lord !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
AWWWWW Thanks....didn't realise u cared!.....Why would anyone pay full price if its available for less? Astounding!!

It's only a bargain if you need it, still, a saving of £36 pounds is life changing money.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thats a lot of coffee £36 can buy......

you want to pay full price go ahead....discussion over.

I don't drink Coffee anyway so I've saved myself a lot more, discussion really over.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Two ways of looking at this.
1) my lad wanted a robot toy thing which is RRP at £100 (he has no real sense of money yet), which I refuse to pay, got it today for £40, I'm 'OK' with that price, he has the present he really wants. He will be made up and I'm very pleased if I'm honest.
2) I know these ******* will still be making a margin even at £40 so that makes me even angrier at the money grabbing *******s.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Well, in our village today there was a 2 min queue in the Co-Op to get a pint of milk at lunchtime; and the greengrocers was running low on carrots. Sorry, I just don't get this Black Friday bollocks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Buy more shit or we're all ****ed

Why Black Friday? I don't get it.

It's Yank thing. It's the day after Thanks Giving which is like a Bank Holiday, and this is when everyone started Christmas shopping with discounts. In 1966 it caused chaos and police started calling it Black Friday to put people off going to the shops. It didn't work but the name remained.

What everyone seems to be missing is that, for years in the UK, we've been running ridiculous retail sales days on the day after the biggest public holiday of the year. We call this "Boxing Day".

The Americans do the same thing, on the day after their biggest public holiday of the year. Over most of the USA, 26 December isn't either a public holiday or a big shopping day.

What we are now seeing is the UK retail industry getting excessively greedy and running this nonsense on two days every year. At least the Americans confine their stupidity to just one day.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I love the fact that GAME have been advertising the hell out of their online and instore deals.... there website crashed for the whole of Friday and is now remarkably working now.

Normally their items are slightly more expensive in store too.....................

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What everyone seems to be missing is that, for years in the UK, we've been running ridiculous retail sales days on the day after the biggest public holiday of the year. We call this "Boxing Day".

The Americans do the same thing, on the day after their biggest public holiday of the year. Over most of the USA, 26 December isn't either a public holiday or a big shopping day.

What we are now seeing is the UK retail industry getting excessively greedy and running this nonsense on two days every year. At least the Americans confine their stupidity to just one day.

Yep agree, Black Friday is not even a public holiday over here so it doesn't deserve the title of being a special time to shop. If we wanted to have something similar over here at the end of November, which I don't, it should be on a Saturday when most people are off work, otherwise it just caters for the minority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here